Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:29:25 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  American Ninja 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: American Ninja 2  (Read 36766 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 15, 2000, 10:41:17 PM »

Marines are being kidnapped and turned into evil Ninjas.  Can Michael Dudikoff foil the evil plan?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Goreomedy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 1999, 06:09:07 AM »

I think I saw this on USA Up all night, years ago when Gilbert was still hosting.  What a piece of s**t film!  The battle in the rocks has got to be the lamest choreographed fight ever to be captured on celluloid.... er.... video.
Beavis and Butthead
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 1999, 04:34:08 PM »

Aren't those guys in the red shirts from Star Trek?  Huh huh huh...  Then why are they trying to act like they're ninjas or somethin?  Hehhehheh.....  They suck.  Better look out for the Klingon ninjas near Uranus buttmunch.  That Michael Dudikoff looks sorta like that David Hasslehoff guy.  They both suck.  Henhhehhenhhuhhuhhuh pull my finger American Ninja........  **FART**  You suck.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2000, 01:53:23 AM »

By tha way, Mike Stone (the bad ninja) is in the black belt hall of fame but I don't remember seeing your names in there so who are you to judge what is bad fight choreograpy. I guarantee the million dollar home Michael Dudikoff just bought, along with the Harley Davidson he paid cash for, and the four cars in his driveway says he doesen't give a damn what you genusies say!!!!!
MADMAX
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The Movie sucks, there is a lot of errors. Ninjas are suppose to be the best but in this movie ninjas are s**t.
For eg: In the scene where the ninjas are fighting where the boulders are one knock to the ninjas and there down. but
in the scene with the ninja getting draged behind the pick-up he never seems to give up. The Drug Leader, the one dressed in a white suite looked like a dummy, his hair and mouth look fake. THIS MOVIE IS 100% CRAP.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have yet to see this one (seen 1 and 4, and parts of 3), but I'd just like to say - some people don't watch bad movies with the right attitude.  This series is friggin hilarious, I personally think most of the stuff done badly is done INTENTIONALLY badly.  

Oh yeah, and Ninjas were NOT the best.  That's just a myth movies seem to like saying, and then they often throw in the Bushido code of honor.  And of course, Bushido was the code for the SAMURAI.  Ninja were just masters of stealth and assassination technique, since they had no code of honor bad men OR good men could use them.  Interestingly, there were also a number of Female ninja, despite what the American Ninja movies suggest.  Ninja swords were vastly inferior to Samurai swords - you couldn't really inflict the same kind of damage with them, you generally had to STAB instead of slash, and the blade was so dull you could use it as a sort of hammer (since many ninja were farmers in their normal life).

Throwing stars were not usually lethal unless poisoned, they generally were to throw down following enemies, since Ninjas would assassinate and run.  Also, sometimes they would deliberately nick guards with a few throwing stars - to continue the image that they could become invisible at will.
Tom
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Your wrong. Ninjas knew deadly styles of hand to hand combat known as Tai Jutsu. They learned this in first 3 sets of 9 sets style. The last would go into internal martial arts.knowing what you're opponent does or will do, by predicting or other things I forgot I read. They were raised since childhood as Ninjas and practised or were brought up that way. The Sumury greatly feared them and they were known as the ultimate warriors. They were like assasins with absolutly no fear or remourse for their life or anyone elses. You should read "Ninja: And their secret fighting style" by Stephen Hayes (sp?).
saurav
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

after only having seen american ninja 4 i didnt quite know what to expect, and yes although its awfully acted and in some places the fight choreography is bad on the whole there's enough bone crunching testosterone driven ninja and chop socky action for martial arts fans: just dont expect A Beautiful Mind or Saving Private Ryan and you can have a great time; dont be put off by the first fight on the rocks and beach that is pretty lame but it gets better: and thankfully most of the irritating characters get killed off(like that guy Taylor man he acts bad!)....if you want bad, see American Ninja 3, that is 90 minutes long and feels about 4 times as long
BlackStarNinja
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The movie would of been alot better if it was more choreographed and action- packed.  Every fight in the movie was boring with no creative fighting techniques or nothing like Jet Li moves.  I mean ninjas are supposed to be the most deadly and dicsiplined martial artist in the world and this movie makes them look like p***ys.  And michael dudikoff is cool but sucks at acting.

Eric
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The American Ninja series are some of my favorite bad movies of all time.  I love Michael Dudikoff and Steve James (RIP), those two are so bad they rule!  If you love those two as much as I do, check out the film Avenging Force, it also stars the doofy duo!  Anybody who doesn't see the humor in bad movies like American Ninja is out of their minds.
Jim H.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Your wrong. Ninjas knew deadly styles of hand to hand combat known as Tai Jutsu. They learned this in first 3 sets of 9 sets style. The last would go into internal martial arts.knowing what you're opponent does or will do, by predicting or other things I forgot I read. They were raised since childhood as Ninjas and practised or were brought up that way. The Sumury greatly feared them and they were known as the ultimate warriors. They were like assasins with absolutly no fear or remourse for their life or anyone elses. You should read "Ninja: And their secret fighting style" by Stephen Hayes (sp?). "

No offense intended, but when you can't spell SAMURAI correctly I find it difficult to take your posts seriously.  No where did I not say ninja were not well-trained.  However, there was no real organized school for ninja training - it was much more vague and amorphous then that.  It's like saying hitman, that's the closest to modern terminology, though it doesn't really apply to a ninja.  Yes, there are hitmen who are extremely good, perhaps even a few who could be comparable in skill to the best of our special forces, but they're the exceptions, not the rule.  And yes, there are hitmen who are extremely well trained in schools of sorts - just like some ninja no doubt were.  

Many ninja were basically civilians who did it for extra money, or for other reasons.  Some were permenantly hired by local warlords - those were in all likelihood the most elite of the ninja.  The samurai would not fear a ninja, especially in a fair fight - a typical samurai sword will literally cut a ninja blade in half.  Their weapons had very different functions, and their roles were very different.  Samurai could not assassinate, for instance.  

Don't forget - samurai swords are essentially the best made swords around.

And yes, I know this will never be read and I'm a year late.  Oh well.
Ross
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My God People! Anyone who classes this movie as action is missing the point entirely... This film is a slapstick comedy with some of the greatest B (or maybe C) class acting.  Why is anyone taking this movie seriously? I just don't understand.  Steve James is a hero who is so obviously crappola at Martial Arts and the more rigidly chorepgraphed his fights are the better... You can practically see him mouthing instructions to his fighting partner!

And hey Eric... ur right Avenging Force does star the above two (the Laurel & Hardy of B Cinema), however this movie really does suck as there just isn't enough of Steve James beatin the s**te outta people.  You wanna check out a great Steve James movie... have a look at Riverbend. Absolutely Classic.
Alexsource
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, some of the fights were better coreagraphed than in the first one, but somehow they were worse shooted/directed/edited/whatever (specially the fight at the beach):P And the final fight with the ninja boss/henchman was kinda short, and lame. That guy looked very good in a previous scene in the bar, were he kicks the living crap out of of a punk who touches his shoulder, they could have made a better fight at the end.
Anyway, Steve James shines in his fights, has more of then, and altough a couple look a bit rigid, they're very very cool, probably the best of the whole movie. :)
The plot was ludicrous, Dudikoff didn't move as well as in the first one, but still a very enjoyable flick :D

Greetings from argentina! :P
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »

Twirling Drink BounceGiggle

Not the first South Africa made martial arts film (that honour belongs to Karate Olympia and Kill & Kill Again but certainly the first South African ninja movie.

Not all that bad as these things go..........

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »

It's Corny, but that's what makes it fun to watch.  It's still one of my favorites of the series. 
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  American Ninja 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.