Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:56 AM
714435 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Crash and Burn « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Crash and Burn  (Read 31296 times)
Dr. Outtime
« on: August 27, 2000, 12:02:17 PM »

I were disappointed too when I saw this movie. Why? I, like
many other people, Waited for that giant robot on the cover to come out but all we get is a dull post-apocalyptic Terminator-ripoff. My older brother(who looks exactly like that blonde zombie from night of the creeps appearing at the partyhouse) said that robot would make only a brief appearance. This movie would have been pure crap without that robot. robot was cool, though.
gash26
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2000, 08:24:16 PM »

if you want to see a b-movie with big robots that actually do something rent robot jox
WHO cares?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2000, 08:54:14 PM »

this movie was excellent. The robots were amazing and the actors can actually act (J/K) it was good for laughs if u want to see some really s**tty movies watch
The Intruder Within
Chopper chicks in Zombie town
Its Alive
Test tube teens
Killdozer
Chopping mall
and
my fav.
The brain
David Graham
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2000, 03:29:41 PM »

This is the sort of movie that breaks your heart.You look on the front cover,and expect an entertaining addition to your Sci-Fi Actioner collection.Instead,as life would have it,you get a crummy,worthless piece of turd for movie that looks like it was shot on a poloroid video camera.The dialogue stinks,the charecters are laughable,and the plot is nowhere near as intricate as it makes itself out to be.I'm sorry to say avoid to anyone else who's going to be disappointed,like me.
cyric
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I guess everyone here doesn't know what a B-movie is (A B-MOVIE-MOVIE THAT DID NOT MAKE IT IN THEATRES EVERYWHERE)But you didn't know that did you so robot jox wasn't a B-movie it was actually very popular when it came out in theatres so you could change what you said about it and just say I DON'T LIKE THE MOVIE
Mark
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Of course it takes many months to learn to pilot the DV-8. You need to learn the exact wording for every command. If you type "stand up" instead of "stand" you crash the system, and you can bet that big SOB is case sensitive too.
tessai
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I have seen this movie on tv when i was about 12 years old
im not sure but i think they used the same model robot in some other cheap sf flick. Only there it was some sort of Battlemech .Anyway i think the flick is moderatly cool but robot jox rox.
Retooler
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It actually is a pretty funny movie, albeit unintentionaly. I got to thinking "these people actually would have done better if they'd learned to shut up and act." (They get to the point in the dialogue, but then they keep rambling.) Also, the characters swore like wounded pirates and nobody would have missed the long gratuitous sex scene if it had simply been cut out. It's too bad there's no Mystery Science Theater 3000 anymore, because this turkey's just about 90 minutes. The best thing of all, though, is that (as the advertisers like to say) there's more! Not only is the movie hilariously bad, but the video tape comes with a "making of the movie feature" and ads for other Full Moon Productions. (Am I the only one who noticed the company's name inspires a lot of bad jokes by itself?) One of these days, I'm going to have to get this on DVD, rip it to my computer, and do a commentary of my own. MST3K, we miss you!
greaterthings.com
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

may 2004;
Still havn't seen movie yet...
I get a big kick out of the fact
that building these giant construction
biped walkers is just years away...
you did a terrific job of designing
this review website...my compliments
too the webmaster.
Charlie Smith
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Crash and Burn" is actually a pretty good low-budget flick. I think, however, people who see it who expect a giant robot movie are the ones who are most disappointed. I mean, the movie's advertising went to lengths to show the robot -- but it appears only at the end of the movie. Indeed, the robot has essentially no reason to exist in this flick as its not central to any of the action or plot.

But... if you can unwrap your mind from the robot issue, the movie is right on-the-mark as a futuristic whodunit. On that level, "Crash and Burn" is a might fine detective story. I didn't know who the killer was until very late in the move. That's the way it should be!

And, compared to "Robot Jox," I must say that "Crash and Burn" is -- by far -- the better movie. It's more intelligent, it doesn't use special effects gratuitously, it has more believable villians, and it's better paced. "Crash and Burn" -- while not a gem -- is much, much better than the majority of direct-to-video flicks that are produced. So, we should hold "Crash and Burn" up as one of the better (albeit lesser known and hardly appreciated) science fiction flicks on video.
General von Asskik
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Total crap. This movie should rot in Hell! Wait...let me take that back that movie should be ground into toilet paper so I can wipe my tumor-infested ass!
WitchKing
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Not a bad little movie really.  The post-apocalyptic setting is convincing and at least the filmmakers managed to create a world-on-the-brink-of-collapse plot that didn't reference "The Road Warrior" to the point of outright plagarism like most others.  The cast-- featuring the always welcome Bill Moseley and Full Moon MVP Megan Ward-- move through the proceedings with a collective poise.  No, the robot isn't the big star of the movie, but I never found the brief Giant Robot Throwdown genre that interesting anyway.  Definitely better than most of the other films in its ilk.
Djaxis
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I loved this movie, I thought it was cool, neat, engrossing, and real good sci-fi flick, but I was like 12 when I saw it on UPN I think.  I recently relived those "fond" childhood memories.  Big mistake.  The memories were much sweeter than the movie.
kjw
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought that the lead actor who played Tyson looked alot like Michael Hutchence former lead singer of the New Wave band Inxs.In fact until I read the credits at the end of the movie,I really thought that it was him.Not bad for a newer movie from the 90's.I have seen alot worse.At least there was plenty of action.
Zack
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Crash and burn huh?  I doubt chuck band or anyone else at full moon could have anticipated the prophecy their title predicted for sales revenue

and I mean...any body else notice that the robot guy didn't really bother anybody til all the humans pointed at him and said "AAAAGH it's a machine, it's different than us!!  GET EM!!!!!!!!!"

and come on...the damn giant robot's on the cover and it's barely in five minutes of the movie...the LAST five minutes...sheesh
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Crash and Burn « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.