Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:24:53 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Forbidden Zone « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Forbidden Zone  (Read 70455 times)
Abe Slank
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm one of the lucky bastards that own a copy, a gift even. If I've a made a new friend and they come over to the house a couple of times, the third time I usually insist that we watch Forbidden Zone. You really can learn alot about a person by watching this movie with them.
After the Forbidden Zone, I'll suggest Canibal the Musical and then a little Jesco the Dancing Outlaw.
Walley
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have an old BETA tape of this classic flick. The "STAR WARS" of B&W titty musicals. In the 80's I remember putting this one on when  an Acid party was going on. BIG HIT!
Very FUNNY and SEXY.
a Classic... the soundtrack kicks ass too!
Chris
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I reserved the Soundtrack at my library, yes they actually had it, on CD no less, and let me tell you, one of the strangest things I have ever heard. The First song was used as the intro to the Dilbert Cartoon TV show. I don't know if any of you saw that.
BillyBob
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 05:31:18 PM »

How could this not have been one of the first movies you reviewed.  What does this movie NOT have.  WOW.. a midget, naked chicks, a musical, interdimensional travel.. This film ...  I must possess it.  
Dalton
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have never heard of this film before... From the way it's described, it sounds like a cross between Eraserhead and the Resident's "Vileness Fats."
mr. monkey
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 04:46:14 AM »

I havent seen this movie in YEARS, but holy crap do I remember it being about the strangest friggin thing I have ever seen
Tars
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I haven't seen the movie, but I seem to remember the film-makers saying it was supposed to be a live-action Betty Boop cartoon.  From the description, it sounds like they got pretty close.
Marty
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 01:32:55 PM »

This movie kicks ass.  My older brother first got this movie and I saw it with him.  I loved it so much I recorded a copy for myself.  I also have the soundtrack, which, I fully recommend to anyone who likes early Oingo Boingo.  A little stranger than Only A Lad, but still great sounding stuff.  
Biff Debris
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just purchased this gem from a Canadian outfit, and did I ever enjoy it! I guess I was expecting more amateurish acting like in the first few John Waters movies (Female Trouble comes to mind, or Hag in a Black Leather Jacket), but it was surprisingly well done (well, for what it is, you know, I mean, it's supposed to be this way). Anyway, all I can say is thanks so much for the recommendation!
spadefoot
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. When I met the woman I ended up marrying, I knew she was the one for me when I showed her this movie on a date and she came back.
Wolfgangerl
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Enjoyable flick. I've been a fan of Elfman ever since he was in Nightmare Before Christmas, so this was a must-see. By the way, the Python bit mentioned was indeed something similar to an animation in Monty Python's Flying Circus, only the cast was flushed down a drain, not out a giant ass. Makes a bit of a difference.
Bill
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was on a two month tour on a seismic research vessel in the Gulf of Mexico (in the eighties) and a video of this movie was (miraculously) provided along with the usual ("they're only oil-field dross") shoot-em-ups.
At the first showing most of the guys were yelling "why are we watching this crap".  Myself and one other (out of about 30 hands) thought it was great and kept sneaking into the VCR.
What d'you know?!!?  After a few weeks, all the guys on board had become Elfman addicts, and everytime enough of the hands were present for somebody to have the energy to insert a tape, the cry went up "The Forbidden Zone, The Forbidden Zone".   There's hope for s**t-kickers and coon-arses yet!

BUT WHERE DO I FIND A COPY TO PLAY ON A UK VCR?

Love to all (and especially The Princess - wasn't she "Viva" of Andy Warhol Factory fame?) from

Bill on the Isle of Dogs, London, UK.

Danielle
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I went with a friend of mine to where she worked, and the owner (a friend of hers) gave me an original 1980 copy.  Needless to say I almost had a corinary(I'm a gigantic Oingo Boingo/Danny Elfman fan).  I've showed it to pretty much everyone I know & they've either said WTF afterwards or begged me to tape it for them.  I even showed it to my boyfriend on one of our first dates. We kinda both agreed that Forbidden Zone is like having a really screwed up dream while you're still awake.  

ehhhh bananna oil!
maxmanta
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I taped this movie one night when I was like, twelve, or so.  Since then, I've watched it at least 100 times.

No sh_t--100 times.
Dave G
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie clip on your website, and decided I had to find it. I LUCKED OUT as someone had a copy in perfect condition on Ebay.

This movie is way wierd in the best kind of way. The best way I can describe it is kind of like a high-school play crossed with a wierd dream / acid trip, and then steeped in bizarre sexuality. The music is great, although the audio is a little sketchy during some of the dialogue.
All-in-all I'd say a must see. If you get a chance, see this flick.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Forbidden Zone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.