Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:21:57 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The 7th Voyage of Sinbad « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad  (Read 55001 times)
James Cooper
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I watched this movie when I was two, from then till I was 12 I watched it religously, then I moved. I am now 16 and have the dvd, and again watch it religously.... The Dragon by far is my favorite Harryhausen creature. I feel extremely lucked to have been introduced to something like this at such a young age... I plan to continue watching it religously till I die.

Why can't kids movies be as good as they were back then, this movie included.

James

I give this movie infinite stars out of 10.  The movie itself will never get old.
Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 08:41:50 AM »

I love those movies with animated miniatures of Ray Harryhausen. They´re still better than all those computer-animations of today.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Just say Sinbad, and I'll be there.

Actually, this film would foreshadow several films to follow. Sinbad's fight with the skeleton would foreshadow Jason's fight with the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts." The battle between the dragon and the Cyclops would foreshadow the battle between the centaur and the roc in "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad." The shrinking of the princess would foreshadow the shrinking of the five people in "Fantastic Voyage." Of course, in that one, the shrinking effect was temporary, not permanent, and a scientific reason was given, not a magical one.

There must be a non-discriminatory clause in a genie's contract. They have been played by boys, as in this one; a fat man, Burl Ives, in "The Brass Bottle;" a black man, Rex Ingram, in "The Thief of Bagdad;" another black man, Shaquille O'Neal, in "Kaazam;" a woman, Barbara Eden, in "I Dreamed of Jeannie;" and something big and blue, that sounded like Robin Williams in "Aladdin."

Enjoy the film. I did.
Samzilla
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 04:33:40 PM »

Brilliant movie. I worshipped it as a kid. The dragon kicked arse!!!
Beckoningchasm
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just wanted to say that it's damn good to have you back, sir.
Cullen
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

God I love this movie.  Really, really fun.  A lot of Kong refrences and, if I remember rightly, Beast from 20,000 Fathoms references, too.  Really, one of  Harryhausen's best.
Patrick
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've lost track of how many times I have seen this film.  As a kid, I sat through it from the 1:00 PM Matinee till 10:30 at night.  In the 50's, they did not clear the theater between showings so, Saturdays and Sundays were often movie marathon days.  As a kid, I also had the same kind of pug nose as the genie.
IT
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:58:51 AM »

The best of the Harryhausen Sinbad movies.The scene of the Cyclops cooking the man on the spit was funny.I also enjoyed the Cylops Dragon fight.The Cyclops would of won if he just stayed on him.The scene where the wizard gets smashed by his own dragon was also hilarious. Im sure when SOKURAH saw his own arrow hit the dragon he said DOHH.I give the film 6 stars
giant claw
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 07:07:57 PM »

I real HARRYHUASSEN classic all those creatures and the two headed baby roc i guess this head what the old saying means two heads are better then one but do they ever get into the classic SMOTHERS BROTHERS argumentMAMA ALWAYS LIKED YOU BEST(righthead to lefthead)
V-rex
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of my all-time favorite movies of any genera. There are sacred few monster films that have a 'G' rating and still showcases a great monster (let alone 6 in 'The 7th Voyage'). All 3 'Sinbad'films fit this description, and 'The 7th voyage' is the greatest of the Trillogy! All of the creatures are cool (though some shots of the adult Roc look a bit 'off')and my favorite is the Dragon. I know, most Harryhausen fans will say the Cyclops is their favorite, but I allways preferred reptilian monsters to humanoids (the Cyclops was cool, I just liked the Dragon better). Luckily for me, the reptile wins the battle, unlike the King Kong vs T-rex scene which the fight reminded me of. The Harryhausen movies don't fall into the typical B-movie trap where good effects are backed by an atrocious plot, and instead the Plot is quite detailed and keeps the audience interested while the Monsters are away.

My Rating:

*****/*****

-V-rex
George
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw it when it came out in my small town.

All the kids saw it together, an event.

It was strange special effects for the era.

Today it would look goofy.

It looked goofy in the 50's.

But it was a great kid movie of that time.
Kung Fu Ninja
New Visitor

I love Kung Fu & Ninja movies

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »

TongueOut Yeah I seen this movie allot when I was a kid. I still love that clay-mation type of animation for the monsters still is cool all the cgi overkill these days is just as noticeable today
as the old special effects where back in the day, too me anyhow.
sammyblot
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »

How can you not love these films ... even now they are still amazing and just great fun to watch ... LOVE them i do!!!  Smile
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:06:03 AM »

Like JASON AND THE ARONUATS a real RAY HARRIHUASEN masterpeice those big creatures look real enough and the two headed ROC
John
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »

I used to watch these movies growing up in the 70's when they aired on the local UHF stations.
Great stuff, but why no love for the Cobra Woman dance?  Cheers
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The 7th Voyage of Sinbad « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.