Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:41:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Thr3e ... or Se7en minus 4our « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thr3e ... or Se7en minus 4our  (Read 8625 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 07, 2007, 02:08:29 AM »

One would be willing to guess that the title thr3e comes from the fact that the main psycho has an obsession with the number three. I say it’s because there’s three movies that the movie distinctly rips off. The general plot is basically taken from Saw; which itself was the dumbed down plot of se7en. I personally hated the movie Saw; but I’d gladly watch it a thousand times before having to watch Thr3e again.

The plot line begins with Dectective Jennifer Peters running around in the street talking on a cellphone to an unknown person. Apparently her brother has been kidnapped and she’s trying to track him down. It’s a pretty meaningless moment in the film and all in all her brother is killed; just another victim of the Riddle Killer (really creative name). We flash forward to the main character Kevin in his seminary class; when leaving he receives a phone call of someone saying that he must confess to his sins or suffer. Thus begins 90 minutes of nonsense and the blant rippinng off of Saw (a movie not that good to begin with).

There’s little to no redeeming quality to this film. At it’s core it’s the story of good and evil and it attempts to have symbolism and metophors but they all seem to fall flat. The film purposely keeps information from us for longer than needed to make the film come off more interesting. However, instead it creates more plot-holes than one can personally fill. When you near the end you get so angry that the fact that the whole thing was done already in Fight Club.

The final sequence is probably my favorite scene because literally even the writer and director realized that the film made absolutely no sense. As a result the film ends with two main characters staring at the camera explaining the plot line and all the twists. The film’s one entertainment value is that a few scenes are so awful that they’re laughable. Specifically the special effects (my personal favorite is computer animated flames added to a bus to make it look like the bus was on fire).

The acting is another downside to the movie . Dectective Jennifer Peters played by Justine Waddell who is quite possibly the worst actress of all time. She has only one delivery and that delivery is completely emotionless. None of the other actors are much better. The only person I liked in the movie was Slater who was played by Bill Moseley... admittedly I might have only liked this character on account that he was in one of my favorite guilty pleasure horror films “House of 1,000 Corpses”

Last year’s worst film of the year to me was Wolf Creek; however I’d say “Thr3e” will be hard to be for the worst film of 2007; then again it’s the first week of the new year i could be wrong; I really hope I’m not.

1 star out of a potentional 5
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »

The general plot is basically taken from Saw; which itself was the dumbed down plot of se7en.

How does Saw rip off Seven? Seven is about a killer who uses the Seven Deadly Sins to commit his murders, and believes he is killing sinful people; Saw is about a killer who puts people into death traps from which there is some minor possibility of escape, if only the victim has a strong enough will to live. Also, Seven focuses primarily on the police end of things, while Saw focuses primarily on the plight of two of the imprisoned victims. Aside from both films being about serial killers with unusual M.O.s, I fail to see any similarities.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 04:40:49 PM by Kooshmeister » Logged
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »

I saw them as both being movies that the murder is committing the murder over a moral reason. While the Seven Deadly sins played out more importantly in Se7en... it was still there in Saw.

All in all I hated saw though
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »

There are of course differences between Saw and Se7en, but you have to remember the marketing campaign for Saw which seemed to  compare Saw to Se7en [or at least from what I can remember].  So by that logic the two, including in visual style I suppose, are very much up for comparison.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:58:57 PM »

If there is any one scene that best sums up Thr3e in a nutshell it would be early in when theology major Kevin Parson gets his second threatening phone call from the mysterious, mad bomber serial killer dubbed "The Riddle Killer" who this time tells him that he has 60 minutes to return to his childhood home in order to save his old dog from an explosive death. Parson arrives at his aunt's house and is immediately greeted by a 350-pound retard with a Moe Howard haircut, followed by the introduction of his crazy aunt who looks like Nora Desmond reliving her prom night - too much make-up and a tiara to boot - and his gibberish-spouting uncle in a Shriners hat. And then the doghouse exploded and I damn near fell out of my seat laughing hysterically.

This one was off-the-charts stupid. The finale to this film is one for the ages, at least as far as all-time bad movie third act plot twists go. And no, it doesn't involve God or Jesus making an appearance, although if they had it still would have been far more plausible. I'd dare call THR3E "THE COVENANT of Christian serial killer movies." I mean that in the sense of constantly teetering between boring bad and stupid bad, often laugh-out-loud funny bad, but always bad.

MY THR3E REVIEW

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:44:55 PM »

Best lines in the movie...

"I think that's a jacket"

and

"I thought she went to get the dog food... then I remember the dog blowned up"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Thr3e ... or Se7en minus 4our « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.