Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:06 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Music do you find groovy,dig? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What Music do you find groovy,dig?  (Read 31960 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »

A top 10 album list...hmmm...I'll try.....(subject to change with the weather....)
!. LET IT BLEED-Rolling Stones
2.ROCKET to RUSSIA-RAMONES
3.NEVER MIND the BULLOCKS-the Sex Pistols
4.FREASH FRUIT for ROTTING VEGTABLES-Dead kennedeys
5.The STOOGES (1st album)
6.PARANOID-Black Sabbath
7.SLIP IT IN-Black Flag
8.BANNED IN DC-Bad Brains
9.BAD MUSIC for BAD PEOPLE-the Cramps
10.ELECTRIC LADYLAND-Jimi Hendrix
 I guess I can go 20...
11.the PRETENDERS (1st)
12.LED ZEPPILIN II
13.ANIMALS-Pink Floyd
14.'74 JAILBREAK-AC/DC
15.BROTHERS and SISTERS-the Allman Bros.
16.LIVE at SAN QUENTIN-Johnny Cash
17.WE'RE the MEATMEN AND YOU SUCK!-the Meatmen
18.MILLIONS of DAMN CHRISTIANS-Millions of Dead Cops
19.SUPERBAD-James Brown
20.KILLER-Alice Cooper

Like I said,though,subject to change any second...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »

Mainly punk rock, especially horrorpunk.  I also love spaghetti western soundtracks and 50's rock n roll.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:48 PM »

Welcome to the club.I Find myself listening to more 50's R+R more and more.I always wonder how American Rock and Roll would have evlved if the British Invasion had not elapsed good old 50's-early 60's music.In fact,here in SW Mich, my favorite radio station is KOOL101,which specializes in little known and forgotten music from the past. I also dig punk and horror punk...in fact,one of my favorite cd's is called HALLOWEEN HOOTENANNY,put out by Zombie A GO Go records.Great sh!t!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »

My musical taste tends to be all over the place. I often find myself liking the old 1950s Rock 'n' Roll in 1950s Sci-Fi/Horror Drive-In Films from AIP (music I often see condemned by others). I actually love Arch Hall Jr.'s ditties, especially in WILD GUITAR. The more classic Punk rock I find, the more I like but then I also like some stuff from P.M. Dawn, Run DMC and Public Enemy. I have music in my collection from the Cars, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, Rush and Leonard Cohen. Also tend to like bands who sing about the fantasy, sci-fi and horror genres.  My Top 10 bands currently (this could change anytime) :

1) The Clash
2) The Ramones
3) Blue Oyster Cult
4) The Misfits
5) Midnight Oil
6) The Grapes of Wrath
7) R.E.M.
8) The Skydiggers
9) Joy Division
10) Rage Against the Machine

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »

>  Midnight Oil

"Beds Are Burning" definitely Needs More Cowbell.  (tm)

hot
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »

Nobody named these bands or groups or people, so I guess I will:
(I will interject that I also enjoy a lot of what's already posted here)
Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention
Project Object (A Zappa "tribute" band)
Captain Beefheart
Tom Waits
Brian Eno (Nobody on THIS board named ENO yet?!?! Yer slippin' . . .)
Jean-Luc Ponty
King Crimson
Robert Fripp
. . . as I type this, I am listening to the "Bastards" disc from Tom Waits' "new" CD "Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards".  You should too . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 03:29:14 PM »

Brian Eno (Nobody on THIS board named ENO yet?!?! Yer slippin' . . .)

You are right... I love him!

Tom Waits is not even worth discussing. It's so good, it just stands out for itself, as a monolith of greatness.

Frank Zappa. My mother was a huge fan of him, and had loads of LP's that she played to me as a child. I imagine that why i am who i am today.  Cheers
Masked_Maverick
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 12:16:20 AM »

I have the oddest lot of songs on my I-Pod.  My heart belongs mostly to metal/rock but I enjoy everything from classical to death metal. 

Me too Billy Joel just ended then it switched over to Pink Floyd then soon will probably be Underoath or something heavy like that.
Pilgermann

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »

I can't narrow down a list of 20 favorite songs, but I'll just list some artists I like.

Charles Ives -- Ives' Fourth Symphony is mind blowing.  The rest of his work is also amazing.
The Beach Boys -- Their happy surfing music is great, but I love their later stuff like Holland, Sunflower, and Surf's Up.
Bruce Cockburn
Peter Gabriel
Radiohead -- The first band I ever went through an obsession with.  That worship has subsided but I still love them.
The Flaming Lips -- Their best: Hit to Death in the Future Head, Clouds Taste Metallic, The Soft Bulletin
The Residents -- Anyone else a fan?  I love God in Three Persons and EskimoCommercial Album is essential, too.  I haven't heard their new album yet.
Brian Eno
The Beatles
Gentle Giant
XTC
Boredoms
Dan Fogelberg
Chameleons
The Church
Boards of Canada
Squarepusher
Miles Davis
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Olivier Messiaen
Yes
Supergrass
Soundgarden -- Mainly Superunkown which remains a favorite album.
Popol Vuh

There's plenty of other stuff that I enjoy, but that gives you an idea.

I'm not too much into "heavy" music, but I enjoy Mastodon and Neurosis from time to time.

Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »

This is a hard topic  because I listen to alot Rock mostyl Punk/ Hardcore with alittle Metal. I will probably forget something but here it goes:

If I want to mellow out: Ramones, Dresden Dolls, Joan Jett, Husker Du, Big Black, Tsunami Bomb, Pretenders, The Lawerance Arms. a CD I made with Dokken- Breaking the Chains on as well Megadeth cover of Anarchy in UK and Metallica cover of So What and lots more.

If I'm going out to school or somewhere: Minor Threat, Distillers, D.I., A Global Threat, Cheap Sex, Metallicas first 4 albums, Dead Kenndeys, Conflict, Judge, S.O.D., Have Heart, Black Flag, Madball, Anti- Nowhere League, Germs, Mitra and lots lots more. Thats just a little taste.

I saw Joan Jett not to long ago. And wow...she is amazingly hot for her age!  Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »

AcidBurn, I saw Joan Jett a couple of months ago myself. I was one person from the stage at a small venue.  Carmen Electra was there too. It was just so awesome.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »

Welcome to the club.I Find myself listening to more 50's R+R more and more.I always wonder how American Rock and Roll would have evlved if the British Invasion had not elapsed good old 50's-early 60's music.In fact,here in SW Mich, my favorite radio station is KOOL101,which specializes in little known and forgotten music from the past. I also dig punk and horror punk...in fact,one of my favorite cd's is called HALLOWEEN HOOTENANNY,put out by Zombie A GO Go records.Great sh!t!

Yep, I also have that Halloween Hootenanny disc.  I've wondered the exact same thing about how Rock n Roll would have evolved without Beatlemania.  My theory is that punk and psychobilly are showing us the answer to that question.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:03:39 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 11:01:47 PM »

Right now my tastes have become way screwy. I started getting into noise rock and electronic noise rock a few months ago and what I have been lietening to as of late has not what I have been listening to all my life. Really bizarre stuff concocted in the basements of tech geeks and fanatics in the surrounding areas. I'll listen to pretty much anything if it's loud enough. Here's a non-definitive list

Fatboy Slim (right now actually)
Lightning Bolt
Machine Drum
Mixel Pixel
Yip Yip
MC Chris
OdAm fEI mUd
Extreme Animals
804noise Richmond Experimental & Noise Collective
Robo Sapien
The Frogs
Anima
No Doctors
Beck
White Mice
Forcefield
Of Montreal
Mothguts
Mindflayer
NormRex
Paw Pawz
Blossoming Noise
DJ Jazzy Jesxx
Air
Wesley Willis
Wildman Fischer
Cake
Brian Eno
Kraftwerk
Ween (some Ween)
Talking Heads
DJ Shadow
Devo
Television
Squarepusher
Tom Waits
Sigur Ros
Primus
Portishead
Moby
Jurassic 5
Jamiroquai
Gold Frapp
Gorillaz
The Faint
Daft Punk
The Books
Smashing Pumpkins

It seems to me that I'll listen to anything as long as I have trouble understanding the words and it is loud. Me and lyrics are not good buddies. Me and music are good buddies.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Torgo

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 11:02:42 PM »

I saw Joan Jett not to long ago. And wow...she is amazingly hot for her age!  Wink

She looks best with jet black hair though.   Wink

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
peter johnson

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »

Okay, Pilgerman named Charles Ives(!!) --
Now, that's the sort of thing I've come to expect here -- more like it . . .
White Mice!!  Now I know I'm in the right place!!
So, some more people I like --
10cc
Godley and Creme (People tend to ignore 10cc and Godley and Creme.  To them I ask, "Have you ever heard the 'L' albumn?)
THE BONZO DADA DOO-DAH DOG BAND!!
(Here's a trivia question:  What band, other than the Beatles, appeared in and played music in a Beatles movie?  Answer:  The Bonzos!  And the song was "Death Cab for Cutie", and , yes, that's where that band gets their name.)
I'm shocked that anyone would name Wild Man Fischer for anything --
I have an autographed copy of "Hello, My Name is Larry" -- And, no, you cannot have it.
I also am probably the only man in America to have a complete collection of Die Arschgebviden/Jorg Dilman -- (My best friend lives in Rossdorf, and sends me these)
peter obscure/denny musical

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Music do you find groovy,dig? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.