Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Night of the Creeps" in HD on VOOM! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Night of the Creeps" in HD on VOOM!  (Read 7043 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 29, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »

Folks, fire up those DVRs (if you are lucky enough to get VOOM Monsters HD).  This is a cult classic that has not been released on DVD yet.

VOOM Monsters HD Premieres ‘80s Cult Classic

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS on February 4

NEW YORK, January 29, 2007 – VOOM Monsters HD, the first and only high-definition network dedicated to horror and creature features, will soon premiere one of the true favorites of Generation X film buffs, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS.

The 1986 predecessor to self-aware horror flicks like SCREAM is popping its HD cherry on VOOM Monsters HD February 4 at 5:15 pm (ET), with an encore later that night beginning at 1:15 am.  So while you wait for the release in DVD format, you can take solace in the fact that you will be able to catch this cult fave in the far more superior format of HD quality!

“The film is a must-see for followers of the genre who have been waiting for its yet unannounced release on DVD,” states David Sehring, General Manager of VOOM Monsters HD.  NIGHT OF THE CREEPS is one of the true gems of ‘80s horror cinema, without which I doubt we’d have seen the likes of SCREAM, SLITHER and other comic horror classics.”

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS is like an all-you-can eat buffet of horror classic clichés sporting everything from axe murderers and space invaders to ol’ reliable un-dead zombies.  This trail blazing, self-teasing spoof also sports horror veteran Tom Atkins in a lead role and cameo favorite Dick Miller as a grizzled cop.  The characters’ names also pay homage to the genre’s originators by giving the last name Romero (George A. Romero) and Raimi (Sam Raimi) whose movies include the classic EVIL DEAD.

If you miss the broadcasts on February 4, then check it out on February 5th at 3:45 pm.

About Monsters HD

MONSTERS HD is television’s first and only definitive channel dedicated to the popular horror & creature feature category.  From the classic horrors of Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman to prehistoric giants like King Kong and Godzilla, to supernatural terrors like The Evil Dead and The Exorcist to the modern maniacs of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface.  MONSTERS HD also goes behind the screams with Monsterama, the channel’s original series hosted by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Monsterama focuses on every aspect of monster movie mania imaginable.  From Hollywood special effects, creature shops and monster make-up to the latest creature collectibles, conventions and upcoming theatrical, DVD and video game releases.  MONSTERS HD’s Monsterama series has fright fans glued to their seats and drooling with delight with the eerie sights on display shot in stunning hi definition. For more information on MONSTERS HD please log on to www.monstershd.com

About VOOM HD Networks

The VOOM HD Networks are the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere.  Produced exclusively in true high definition and 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound for distribution in the U.S. through satellite and cable operators, the 15 VOOM HD Networks carry programming in categories as diverse as sports, movies, fashion, music and art.  The VOOM HD Networks are commercial-free and available nationally on Echostar’s DISH Network.  Developed by Rainbow Media to meet the growing demand for quality high definition programming, the VOOM HD Networks build on Rainbow Media's history of original programming innovation.

About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC

Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC).  Rainbow Media creates and manages some of the country's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands including popular national and regional television channels AMC, fuse, The Independent Film Channel (IFC), WE tv, and three FSN affiliated regional sports networks managed by Rainbow Sports Networks.  The company also manages Mag Rack and sportskool, two original on-demand networks; VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high definition channels available anywhere; IFC Entertainment, its film distribution, production and exhibition division; Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division; and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:39:59 PM »

Eh, I've got no satellite. Besides when NOTC gets a release I'm sure it'll be just as good (it had better have an alternate ending feature if nothing else)

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »

I actually lucked out and managed to see this! "Night of the Creeps" looked gorgeous (compared to my old VHS and the DVD-Rs I own), but sadly it was still the R-rated cut we're all familiar with. C'mon Sony, bring on the uncut super special limited edition 2 disc set! I'm ready for it!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Night of the Creeps" in HD on VOOM! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.