Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:51 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Upcoming comic books I'm looking forward to. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming comic books I'm looking forward to.  (Read 13647 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: February 02, 2007, 02:02:11 AM »

I used to collect a wide variety of comics when I was younger and then grew out of the habit until "Army of Darkness" and a variety of other horror movie franchises were translated into comics. I've pretty much kept to a few series of horror comics (Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St. "AOD," and Texas Chainsaw Massacre), but I am looking forward to these two new series:

Marvel Zombies Vs. Army of Darkness - Ash takes on the undead versions of Marvel's superheroes. I believe this is only a four-issue mini-series but it could be fun.

The Dark Tower : The Gunslinger Born - A sort of prequel to King's Dark Towers series (which I read and thoroughly enjoyed) that sort of builds from the fourth book, Wizard and Glass, and chronicles some of Roland's early adventures.

Anyone else looking forward to these?

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »

Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness I'm looking foward to have. I have the Marvel Zombies mini that takes place after Ash leaves so this is actually a prequel.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Shaggs[Pl]
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »

I

Marvel Zombies Vs. Army of Darkness - Ash takes on the undead versions of Marvel's superheroes. I believe this is only a four-issue mini-series but it could be fun.

Anyone else looking forward to these?

Whoooah. I'm lookin forward to see it in Poland... Or I'll buy it via E-bay or something.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »

Ive read MARVEL ZOMBIES but i had no idea that there was a army of darkness crossover. this has me BAMBOOZLED!! Shua. No i have to go find it.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:04:15 AM »

Rich, yeah AOD vs. Marvel Zombies is a prequel and the last page of issue 13 of "Army Of Darkness" is awesome! (Really mouth-watering to say the least seeing Ash standing face to face with a legion of zombified superheroes.) Have you picked up any copies of "Army of Darkness vs. Re-Animator" or "Army of Darkness vs. Darkman?" The latter is pretty darned good (Darkman is more than a match for the Deadites) and I enjoyed seeing some Cthulu-lovin' in the Re-Animator mini-series.

-----
The Vault Master
-----
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:04:31 PM »

Rich, yeah AOD vs. Marvel Zombies is a prequel and the last page of issue 13 of "Army Of Darkness" is awesome! (Really mouth-watering to say the least seeing Ash standing face to face with a legion of zombified superheroes.) Have you picked up any copies of "Army of Darkness vs. Re-Animator" or "Army of Darkness vs. Darkman?" The latter is pretty darned good (Darkman is more than a match for the Deadites) and I enjoyed seeing some Cthulu-lovin' in the Re-Animator mini-series.

I'm a regular comic book collector and spend about $30 a week on comics but sadly I never picked any of these.

I do have reason though. Dynamite Entrainment that puts out these comic are bit pricey. The average comic is about 2.50 2.99 their comics are about 3.50 which is alot. And I'm on a budget.

The only comic I do get from them is anything Red Sonja.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

I've always eyed up the covers of Red Sonja (for obvious reasons  TeddyR) but I have yet to pick any of that series up. Is it worth getting?

-----
The Vault Master
-----
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:43:33 PM »

I've always eyed up the covers of Red Sonja (for obvious reasons  TeddyR) but I have yet to pick any of that series up. Is it worth getting?

Yes it is. If your into mythological stuff like Conan and such it a damn good comic. The writer Michael Ommeing is know for his portrayals of mythological worlds. He actually wrote a acclaimed Thor arc for Marvel that closed the series.

Stick with the main series though. Dynamite Entrainment has a habit of having TONS of mini series, one shots and annuals for their characters. Especially Red Sonja.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 06:34:48 PM »

I'll most definitely check it out then Rich. Maybe I'll snag a few issues when I go to pick up my Dark Tower comic sometime this week!

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Upcoming comic books I'm looking forward to. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.