Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:38:53 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: How to Survive a Zombie Attack  (Read 98824 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 03:52:50 AM »

Yeah Zap, I have both of the Max Brooks Zombie books.  Z-War isn't funny, and in fact is quite a well written [in my opinion] account of the different stages of the zombie holocaust we have survived.

Basically he sets it out like a war correspondant, writing about his different interviews with different people involved in various countries and various areas of expertise.  I haven't finished it yet [been reading it off and on for the last few months] but some of the middle parts, about the initial outbreak, are actually quite terrifying.  What's good is that it's subtle, and as you read and learn more about what happened, the more the whole horrible story becomes clear.

It's not a classic book by any means, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Brain
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 08:06:23 AM »

I have searched my local Barnes & Noble twice now for World War Z and have yet to find find it. What category would it fall under?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »

It's in sci fi/fantasy.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »

How about an old tank or armoured car for a land vehicle.
The only problem is the tremendous gas you'd waste
But you could use it as a fortress if it's out of gas.
And yes you can buy these things if ya know where to look.
brain
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »

How about an old tank or armoured car for a land vehicle.
The only problem is the tremendous gas you'd waste
But you could use it as a fortress if it's out of gas.
And yes you can buy these things if ya know where to look.
But what do you do when your "fortressl" is covered in Zombies and youve run out of food and water?
Raffine

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to let one of the zombies bite you, and then you'd be a zombie and you wouldn't have to worry about things like tanks, food, water, shelter, medications, weapons, fuel, etc.

It would be so easy.

Sooo easy...

...soooo...

...brains..?

...brains...

BRAINS!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
brain
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 06:43:55 PM »

*Backs away slowly*
Ooookaay, time to meet my good friend Mr. Chainsaw and his girlfriend Miss Blowtorch
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 06:21:34 AM »

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to let one of the zombies bite you, and then you'd be a zombie and you wouldn't have to worry about things like tanks, food, water, shelter, medications, weapons, fuel, etc.

It would be so easy.

Sooo easy...

...soooo...

...brains..?

...brains...

BRAINS!

I wonder if that suit is flammable

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
DarkAdmiral
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 08:04:55 AM »

Yikes! or maybe, Eeww!!

Thank Puppet Master for bringing me here since May 27, 2002.
The greatest power of all is knowledge. And laser eye-beams.
Fairness Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked in jet engines.
IdiocyNever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Digga
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 08:04:34 AM »

Definetly an Eeeewwwww!
Dirge
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2007, 08:14:54 AM »

What I want to know is why now has said diddly about using a shovel!? Think about it people if you get one with a long straight handle you can use it as a walking stick, a bludgeon, you can sharpen the edge and use it as a blade, and of course as a shovel. Then you can play Whack-A-Zombie, and then bury the remains.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 01:22:53 AM »

Okay, your best bet is to train yourself for ANY type of distropic future scenario, (they're all the same), have a bookbag or something ready in advance, have the proper gear in your residence at all times, and work out and diet EVERY DAY!!!!  Make sure you know people who suspect the end is near and set up a meeting place, preferrably one of their homes.  Get together practice your skills and get ready.  Once humanity's demise comes, find any survivors you can at the first sign of zombification, once you have a large enough group, move to an abandoned farm with some resources or a military base.  You can then build a community that might eventually be able to lay siege to a larger zombie territory.  You then use that area to build up your community until the zombies rot away, or your resistance destroys them.  This is Patient 7, hoping you will join my resistance community against any and all zombies, mutants, machines or any other crazy things you can think of.  Cheers
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:25:58 AM by Patient7 » Logged

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »

Sorry, I forgot about aliens and giant apes, yeah.

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 06:13:15 PM »

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF BADMOVIES.ORG

I have recently heard news that scientists are trying to create live bacteria from scratch.  We all know what this means.  We build larger and larger organisms until people realize we can manipulate DNA, then we try and improve human DNA to make us immortal and impervious to pain.  There will be a mistake and our flesh will still rot, and drive people insane.  They can turn us into them by biting us and sending a virus into our bloodstream that manipulates our DNA!!!  This can also lead to a planet of the apes or mutant style ending too.

Yes, salad.
Kruge
New Visitor

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »

"... Church- Its on Holy ground so it may keep the Zombies away, but it may not work. You also has very few supplies unless an event was going to occur soon. The building structure is more often than not rather flimsy material."

Weeeell, that might be right for America, but if you live in Europe a church might be amongst the safest places you could get into period!

No, I'm not talking about some supernatural reason, I'm an atheist myself, but have a look at your average European MEDIEVAL church, the kind you find all over the place here!

Back when they were built they sometimes literally were meant to be used as as a sort of community safehouse during times of conflict which, in the olden days, happened quite often. Add to that the general Gothic style (no, not white facepaint but architecture!) and you have:

Several-meter-thick stone walls. Literally. (1m ~ 3feet). Thick, oaken wood main gates and few additional entries (maybe added in modern days) that can be easily blocked up with all the wooden banks. No windows on ground level - they're usually built high in the walls. (http://www.sinzig-info.de/open/M/qHsFag - check the church of my old hometown as an example). The tower offers a great view of the durroundings, often even enhanced by the church being placed on a high spot.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  How to Survive a Zombie Attack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.