Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:17:41 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Clash of the Warlords - forgotton post-apocalyptic review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clash of the Warlords - forgotton post-apocalyptic review  (Read 7700 times)
ewokmic
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »

As far as I can tell there are no other reviews of this one online. IMDB doesn't even recognise it.

www.post-apocalypse.co.uk

Loads of screen grabs included!

Michael
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »

That appears to be a stunning bad movie, what a find.  With the amount of information about obscure movies online, you manage to locate one that is below the radar.  It also appears to be interesting enough that I would see it.  Most really obscure films are so amateur that I do not fret over not knowing about them.  You found a hidden gem.

Hopefully, since you have all the information and the film on hand, you will be submitting it to the IMDB?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ewokmic
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »

Thanks! To be honest I'm not really sure how to! Question I guess I should though!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 09:49:31 AM »

I have done it a few times.  Here is the info page:

http://www.imdb.com/updates?update=title

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ewokmic
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »

Thanks Andrew - well it took quite some time but I finally got all greens and it is now on IMDB's waiting list - which could take ages! We will see.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 11:02:41 AM »

I saw this post the other day and have put together an information package for you.   First up this may be the director: Wilfred Milan.

I can't be 100% sure but this has been on my HD in my post-apoc subfolder for a while now:

Based on the artwork that looks like a martial arts title but I also have another full VHS "Mad Warrior" cover scan which, while the resolution is pretty bad, you can make out the director's name.  I've always assumed these were different movies but when you look the director up at the IMDB link above his name appears as "Willie Milan".  Using this in a Google search I found the following eBay listing for MAD WARRIOR (Revenge of the Street Warrior - 1986) Willie Milan.  This has it's own listing at IMBD under it's AKA title here.

But check out that cover!  Not exactly conclusive evidence these are the same movie but looks pretty good to me.  On the bright side you now have a new cover scan for your review.

Looking at that cover there's two names of note: Anthony Alonzo and Jennifer Kirkham.  They don't turn up a blessed thing in Google or via IMDB or even at Eofftv but they are the same names as on the fuzzy cover scan of "Mad Warrior" I have.

On a side note while looking at the IMDB entry one movie title seemed familiar to me: "W is War".  I read about this on a forum a while ago.  But which forum?

A bit of Googling turned up this.  If you search the forum you may find other threads related to these titles.

So now you not only have a totally new cover scan but another post-apoc flick to look for.  One that "Mad Warrior" might be a sequel to.

Don't you just love these forums?  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:05:31 AM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Michael
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »

wow thanks for all the hard work  Thumbup

It took me a while to check this lot up.

I got most of my cast and crew info from http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/807410. I believe this to be right as the director is listed as Willie Milan. The director http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0586798/ made W for War and a film called revenge of the Street warrior acording to IMDB.

This low-res scan shows the director as Willie Milan too (if you zoom in close). The scan I found on a messge board months ago and I have no other information:

The artwork is the same as my DVD (although the DVD is incorectly flipped showing the guys mask on the wrong side of his face):

Your Mad Warrior scan is actally Street Warrior under another name. The art and the screens are not from Clash of the Warlords but revenge of the Street warrior. Its likely that the actors and crew are all pretty much the same. Both films have been renamed as Mad Warrior, hence our confusion.

W for War doesn't come into it, but it sounds good!

Thanks for putting the effort in with the wicked scan (thats one cool box)  Cheers  but I'm pretty sure it's not the same movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Clash of the Warlords - forgotton post-apocalyptic review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.