World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Started by Scott, April 03, 2007, 12:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseSF

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

HappyGilmore

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

JaseSF

Karachi Vice - The Territories - Best of the Factions

Karachi Vice, such a great heel faction in Stampede in the 1980s. Really enjoyed watching them.

VenomX73

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!

cqmorrell

Quote from: VenomX73 on December 15, 2014, 06:22:53 PM

OH MY GOD!

I remember that match. Crazy how Sabu cracked his jaw on the guardrail, and just taped it together and finished the match.

VenomX73

Yup. Great times. I miss old school ECW.

bob

I found some movies with wrestlers on Youtube

Bending the Rules starring Edge - haven't seen it

Bending The Rules (ACTION COMEDY 2013) FULL MOVIE

Damage starring Steve Austin

lots of plot holes but it's a fun

this isn't too bad, but it's not that great either

Damage 2010 Full Film

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

JaseSF

The Garvins reunite

Not many realize how great a team Ronnie & Jimmy Garvin were but I saw their feud with the Rougeaus in Canada which was one of the best storyline feuds I've ever seen go down.  I've been a fan of the Garvins and Rougeaus ever since...

The footage above was from a great angle the NWA did where Jim Cornette threw fire into Ronnie's face, and a then heel Jimmy comes unexpectedly to his "brother"'s aid (in actuality they were stepfather and stepson). Love the interviews from Jimmy and Ronnie, very believably done.

JaseSF

No denying the Briscoes have been awesome in ROH...

ROH: The Briscoes Theme "Gimme Back My Bullets"

CM Punk in ROH...still feel he really established himself here (although certainly IWA-MS played a huge part too). He's always been CM Punk though even before WWE...

CM Punk ROH Titantron | Miseria Cantare (Custom)

The other Second City Saint - Ace Steel

08 - The Second City Saints (Chapter I) - Ace Steel

VenomX73

HappyGilmore

Dean Ambrose in TNA.  They passed on him.  He's found success in WWE.
Dean Ambrose - TNA Tryout
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

cqmorrell

Quote from: HappyGilmore on December 21, 2014, 08:42:38 PM
Dean Ambrose in TNA.  They passed on him.  He's found success in WWE.
Dean Ambrose - TNA Tryout

I like TNA, I really do, but letting Mox go was a REALLY big flubup on their part ...

MrMari

Well after about a 15 year hiatus of watching pro wrestling about 8 months ago I have slowly started to watch it again. A family member told me about the Network and I decided to give it a try if anything just to watch some old ECW programming since I was a huge fan when it was on in the mid 90s. It was fun to reminisce on the old shows and some of the documentaries were entertaining but what really caught my eye was NXT. Who were these kids? Fun matches, fresh blood, easy to follow storylines... well, now I'm hooked. I drove up to Lakeland on Saturday and attended my first NXT live event and I gotta say I was really impressed. I had been to tiny little indi shows at small venues in the past but this was much more than that. I mean, I already knew the wrestlers and what they were capable of but they really do put on a huge effort even in a "dark show" such as the one I went to. These kids have a lot of potential and I hope they dont get stuck with dumb gimmicks when they get called up to the main roster as it appears to be the case from watching Raw and Smackdown over the past few months. Oh well, just thought I would share that if you have a chance to see NXT live, please do. All the guys there were great and really friendly.

JaseSF

NXT is supposed to be the WWE's developmental system but it is way, way better than WWE and when these guys go to WWE, WWE doesn't use them as well as they were used in NXT. I used to watch NXT when they aired it here on Sportnet but now it's only available on the Network which isn't available to me where I live...sucks. NXT is the only WWE product I'm at all interested in watching at this point. Raw is the absolute worst wrestling show on the airwaves today period. Check out New Japan if you can, that stuff is awesome and is quickly becoming one of my faves. I also like what I've seen of Lucha Underground and I've really enjoyed TNA a lot the last 6-8 months. TNA definitely did mess up with some of the guys they didn't sign though - Adam Pearce, Jon Moxley, and many others over the years. Hoping TNA does find more success as they do tend to be a bit more wrestling oriented than WWE (aside from NXT).

JaseSF