Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:07:13 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Interview Comments  |  Cast Members of "What Waits Below" Interview « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cast Members of "What Waits Below" Interview  (Read 22115 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 19, 2007, 12:13:47 AM »

The review for "What Waits Below" was one of the earlier articles on the website. Over the years, I noticed a neat trend: members of the cast were checking in and posting on the Reader Comments page. I contacted them and was rewarded by responses from Bruce Howard and Dale Kells.

Bruce's part in the movie, filmed for the "South America" portion, was cut entirely in the end. Dale played the part of a cave dwelling Lemurian.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:10:17 PM »

Seriously, I think I lived next door to Dale for a while when we were young. Does she have a twin brother?

I grew up in Guntersville, which is a few miles from Cathedral Caverns. My sister worked there as a tour guide when she was in high school.

I remember when they filmed this one at the caverns (and almost asphyxiated the cast and crew), but I've never seen it.  Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Misty Abbott
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »

I was in the Movie when I was 3 They did a close up of my face I was sitting a womans lap,I rember Them Spraying me with stuff to make my skin white and the fur coats we had to ware,and little things I also rember getting real sick at one time and my dad told me when I got older about the carbionminoxsied ordeal in the cave,We have lots of pictures and stuff form those days as well..
coachgeo
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »

I to was an extra in this movie. In the Caverns of Alabama (USA)  Myself and a friend both where.  We were usually the ones most directly behind the actors due to our gymnastic training so we got the full make up with the laytex forhead and neck treatment at times. The white contacts as well.

I suck with names but my fondest memory was a gent's name I could remember.  Emmerson Cole.  He to was an extra.  Was in his 60's... maybe 70's.  An amazing artist who worked at Redstone near by.  He was an illistrator. Drawings for military manuals, Anatomy books etc. 

Also one of the directors..... himself not very young either. Was told he only had one lung, yet he was one of the last to leave the cave when it got filled with Carbon Dioxide. Saw him making sure everyone was getting out.  There was a Temperature inversion due to heat of all the bodies, lights, generators etc.  That stopped the flow of generator exhaust OUT of the cave. The theory was the exhaust would flow out cause cooler air seeks the warmer outside air so it was allways flowing OUT.  (Till we made it warmer in the cave than outside.)  Mostly due to Timmothy Bottoms ego I think
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Interview Comments  |  Cast Members of "What Waits Below" Interview « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.