Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:21 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movie Theater Pet Peeves « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movie Theater Pet Peeves  (Read 10948 times)
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »

People who don't know what's going on in the movie they're watching.  I Remember watching X2 in a theater near Ft. Stewart.  My seargent, thoughout the whole movie was asking me who was that, what happened, why that happened.   I know he's not comic book savy like me, but just enjoy the movie now and ask me later.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »

I think the post that started this thread goes to prove that movies are nothing but watered-down trailers.  Cinema will have reached its finest form when you can walk out feeling like you just saw a 2-hour butt-kicking trailer.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »

I agree with most of the posters here about commericals in movies. Don't need other 10 mins. tacked on before the movie starts.

Babies is other thing. I can understand your trying to have a evening out, but bring a child to a very loud movie, of course it going to cry or make nosies.

Admission is other. Their are still some cheap matinee shows but most of the movies I see are limited release and have to pay $10.00 something. Its also doesn't help a DVD release is going to be 5 months later.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 05:44:01 AM »

Film projection out of focus
Film projection out of rack
Film projection with the wrong film gate / film lens for the print
Sound bad
Digital projection aka "F**k it, leave it"  Buggedout
Noisy people in the cinema (I mean talking through the film, not cheering or anything like that)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 07:22:56 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 07:54:53 AM »

As I scrolled through the replies to this topic, I saw that about 4/5ths of the members who originally posted an answer are no longer active here. The heavy attrition of time, huh?

Me, I dislike almost every part of seeing a movie in a theater and very rarely go because the experience is annoying. It costs too much, you are subjected to commercials and time-consuming previews, and all during the (generally mediocre these days) film people carry on with conversations like they're home in their living rooms, and invariably at almost any given time someone has a glaringly bright phone open.

I also find it annoying when people eat during a movie. You're sitting there trying to take in some important scene and people are crunching and messing with wrappers and slurping soft drinks. I know multiplexes make their money off concessions, and yes modern people overeat as a form of entertainment, but can't they go two hours without a snack? Really?

Even in the rare instances when I think an offering out of Hollywood looks half decent I basically don't go out to see movies at all anymore because the experience is one long aggravation.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »

I also find it annoying when people eat during a movie. You're sitting there trying to take in some important scene and people are crunching and messing with wrappers and slurping soft drinks. I know multiplexes make their money off concessions, and yes modern people overeat as a form of entertainment, but can't they go two hours without a snack? Really?

That's exactly why I don't eat anything while watching a movie in the cinema: I will drink something, either a Coke or Slush Puppie but nothing that will disturb anyone else.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2022, 01:37:50 PM »

Because cinemas can have to hand over more than 100% of the price of a ticket in order to show a movie, I do try to pick up something to eat and drink when I go to see something. I dislike other people being in the cinema while I am there, so if they don't like me eating, they should go to other showings.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pacman000
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's root beer & a candy cigar!

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »

Digital projection
I’m not sure there’s anyone left in the U.S. doing film projections, outside of a few speciality houses.  Bluesad

Video Game Article Archive: https://vgaa.neocities.org/
WebSiteRing, Listing Old Websites & Bible Verses since 2016! https://websitering.neocities.org/
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2022, 02:31:29 PM »

Digital projection
I’m not sure there’s anyone left in the U.S. doing film projections, outside of a few speciality houses.  Bluesad

Sadly true here as well. I trained in it for almost 2 years and now I don't do it anymore 😞

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2022, 12:59:28 PM »

Trevor, how did you find this old thread?  I'm one of the few survivors! 

I'm totally with ER on this one.  Going to a movie theater is not worth the aggravation. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2022, 04:47:51 PM »

^ It's easy to find old threads. Just find a member or your own posts- go to old posts - tada!

For example- here's your first post from 2007-!

Just because it's old doesn't make it classic (if that were the case, I'd be a classic, and I may be the oldest poster here, Trevor.  "Nearly 40?"  Baby!)  

FRIDAY THE 13TH is fun, but no classic.  And WHEN A STRANGER CALLS was just plain dopey (even if it scared you).   A long time horror flick fan, I saw those in the theatre when they were new, and was not impressed.  

Though remakes have always been a part of cinema, I think these cash-cow films are remade because too many young filmmakers have no idea how to make an original film, but more importantly their producers are only interested in a quick profit (not news).

...and here's mine!

HOWDY! Sounds like Child Bride(1941). Sinister Cinema sells it...I think Angelo Rossitto has a small ...er...short...uh...part in it. By the way- I'm new here!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 05:28:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2022, 05:44:23 PM »

As far as movie theaters..I hate huge amounts of people. A small movie house is fine with me. I like to be in the balcony or in the front row in a corner.
As a kid, the balcony was fun because you could throw popcorn down on the other kids.
As an adult-I liked to be hidden, because I carried a pint of whiskey with me. Sometimes I smoked a joint with my brother. I haven't been to a theater in almost a decade.
For the most part, I am the reason people hate theaters.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 06:26:16 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2022, 10:00:35 PM »

^ It's easy to find old threads. Just find a member or your own posts- go to old posts - tada!

For example- here's your first post from 2007...

No.  I understand the rudimentary.  Here's Trevor's first post :

Hi, great site. This film was banned in South Africa (along with "Born Losers" and "The Trial of Billy Jack"). We really had the most wonderful :( censorship system in the world!

My question is directed to Trevor

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2022, 10:24:52 PM »

I'm totally with ER on this one.  Going to a movie theater is not worth the aggravation. 

I couldn't sleep a few days ago and spent about three hours going through any post I could find: came up with this one  Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2022, 11:59:10 PM »

I couldn't sleep a few days ago and spent about three hours going through any post I could find: came up with this one  Smile

Well, RC advised me correctly.  Hunt and peck.  Thank you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movie Theater Pet Peeves « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.