Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:46:44 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MUMMY MANIAC « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MUMMY MANIAC  (Read 1705 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 13, 2007, 12:15:57 AM »

Another low budget film from the folks who brought us the truly dreadful H P LOVECRAFT'S THE TOMB.  This was marginally better than my last B-movie, RETURN IN RED, but then, that's not saying much.  Essentially, you've got this chunky-butt guy who disguises himself as a New York cop, kidnaps hotties off the street, throws them in a big panel truck, and then takes them to a black painted room.  There he interrogates them and slaps their palm with a razor strop ( Question Buggedout) before strangling them or cutting their throats.  Then he wraps their heads up like that of a mummy and then drills holes in the skull, bludgeons them awhile, or saws their head about halfway through.  All this while his mother is apparently watching through a one-way mirror.  There is a recurring scene of him talking to a psychiatrist which I guess is to explain motivations, but all you get out of that is that he strangled his stepdad when he was 16, and that he wants to be a mummy when he dies.  In short, this is a disorganized mess of a film.  No denoument, no grizzled cop chasing the killer, and no real explanation of what motivates him (his mother keeps bawling him out for failing to get into the Marine Corps, as if that explains anything).  There was a small amount of nudity, and some blood, but really very little compared to the severe trauma he inflicted on the heads of his unfortunate victims.  In short, if you are REALLY desperate for a B-movie fix, you might rent this one - but I don't recommend it.

Thumbdown

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »

sounds like it could owe a debt to Maniac Cop. (i.e. the title, and the fact he's a cop who kills people).  or is it an older film? never heard of it.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:17:49 PM »

No, this is a very recent film, and it is nowhere NEAR as well done as any of the MANIAC COP movies, if that tells you anything!!! Twirling

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:22 PM »

Ulli Lommel: The only thing worse then a film by Uwe Boll is a film by this hack.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MUMMY MANIAC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.