Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:49 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dropped a pan on my toe! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dropped a pan on my toe!  (Read 12258 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 05, 2007, 08:57:24 PM »

Okay, so Saturday, I was getting some pans out to make dinner (spaghetti, one of my personal faves) when a sauce pan slipped from my hand and landed RIGHT on the big toe of my left foot.  Keep in mind, this isn't one of those modern razor thin pans with the silver surface on the bottom and the black, non stick surface, no this was an old school, 70s era, THICK ASS metal pan. 

Long story short, it hurt.

Luckily, nothing was broken, as I could still move my toe, but MAN it still hurt!

Well, it's been a few days and the pain has gone away, although my toe has swollen pretty good and it almost looks like my toenail is wanting to pop right off.  Not sure if I should pull it off or leave it be.  Anyway, been soaking it in warm water with epson salt, hoping that'll help.  It looks purplish where the blood has built up.  Poked it slightly today while trimming my nail and some blood oozed out.  Didn't look like "real" blood, though, more like diluted blood, if that makes sense.

Dunno, what to do, research on first aid only covered broken toes, not "heavyass pan dropped on toe."

But hey, like I said, doesn't too much anymore, guess, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing...

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:10:02 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Torgo

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »

I really banged my head something fierce a couple of days ago while I was feeding my cat and was leaning underneath the edge of my breakfast bar.  I didn't realize how far forward I was leaning and I stood up quickly and WHAM!  I've got quite the lump on the back/top of my head.  Since I shave my head with a razor it's that much more noticeable.  Hurts like a dickins as well if I roll over wrong on my pillow or whatever.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »

BTM- I got my thumb in a metal parts bending press many moons ago at a machine shop I worked at. It swelled like hell. I had to go to the doctoers...they took a small hammer type thing with a super sharp heated needle at the end and BAM! slammed a whole threw the fingernail. Blood squirted up like a nasty drinking fountain for a sec,which released the pressure. Then,just for good measure,they smacked it again! YEOW! That one hurt! I wanted to club the doctor right in his yap! In about a week, the nail turned black and fell off.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »

My big toe on my left foot is numb all the time.  Some 25 years ago I ran my motorcycle into a wheel rut on a logging road and it snagged my foot and twisted it under the foot peg. Tore up a perfectly tennis shoe and left me with the aforementioned numb toe.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »

That really, really sucks.

The times I've seen a crushed toe with blood under the nail, the treatment administered was much like RCMerchant described.  They punctured it to drain out the blood and pus and to reduce the swelling (which damages the surrounding tissue).  Keeping it clean and soaking it in salts is probably a good bet to prevent infection.  Hydrogen peroxide is a big favorite of mine for stuff like you describe.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:37 AM »

A friend of mine is currently recovering from a broken toe received when he kicked me in the shin for 'not paying attention' to his latest rant. It didn't hurt me one tiny bit, but he's still hobbled from it two weeks later. Serves him right.  TeddyR

My college roommate once poured hot peanut brittle on his bare feet. It was not a pretty site, since the skin came away with the peanut brittle when we tried to peel it off.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:32:01 PM »

My college roommate once poured hot peanut brittle on his bare feet. It was not a pretty site, since the skin came away with the peanut brittle when we tried to peel it off.

Eeeewwwww!! That hurts just thinking about it.

Torgo

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

OUCH!!!    Buggedout

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »

A friend of mine is currently recovering from a broken toe received when he kicked me in the shin for 'not paying attention' to his latest rant. It didn't hurt me one tiny bit, but he's still hobbled from it two weeks later. Serves him right.  TeddyR

Good gravy!! Your buddy kicked you-while ranting?! Your pal poured hot peanut brittle on his foot?!  What kinda loonatics do you hang out with?!?!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »

When I was exiting a Metrobus one time, I got my right foot jammed in the door. The driver didn't notice and dragged me a few inches before I finally hurriedly and painfully got my foot out. The foot ached and was swollen for a while but eventually healed up. However I still find sharp shooting pains in said foot if I twist and turn it a certain way and sometimes I seem to get arthritis pains from it too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BTM

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »

BTM- I got my thumb in a metal parts bending press many moons ago at a machine shop I worked at. It swelled like hell. I had to go to the doctoers...they took a small hammer type thing with a super sharp heated needle at the end and BAM! slammed a whole threw the fingernail. Blood squirted up like a nasty drinking fountain for a sec,which released the pressure. Then,just for good measure,they smacked it again! YEOW! That one hurt! I wanted to club the doctor right in his yap! In about a week, the nail turned black and fell off.

Ow.. what felt worse you think, the original injury or the doctor's "cure"?

BTM

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 07:14:09 PM »

When I was exiting a Metrobus one time, I got my right foot jammed in the door. The driver didn't notice and dragged me a few inches before I finally hurriedly and painfully got my foot out. The foot ached and was swollen for a while but eventually healed up. However I still find sharp shooting pains in said foot if I twist and turn it a certain way and sometimes I seem to get arthritis pains from it too.

Does it tell you when it's going to rain?

I'm told some types of injuries that, even when healed, will tell people when it's going to rain.  (I believe this is because some injuries are affect by a chance of pressure in the air, which, incidentally, is what happens before it rains.)

There's probably a more medically explanation, but that's all I really know..

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »

Yes it does in fact. More often than not.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
trekgeezer

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »

Were you secretly wearing shin guards or do you just have really hard shins? Tell him next time he tries to get your attention a 2x4 to the head might be more effective.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 08:48:51 PM »

Were you secretly wearing shin guards or do you just have really hard shins? Tell him next time he tries to get your attention a 2x4 to the head might be more effective.

Never kick with your toes.  Depending on what you are doing, you use either your laces, blade of the outside of your foot, or plain old the bottom of your foot.  The only time I'd ever strike with the toe area is if I was wearing boots (hopefully, safety boots).  Yes, I practice kicking people every week.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dropped a pan on my toe! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.