Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:58:43 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Tomorrow People « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Tomorrow People  (Read 5708 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: December 31, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »

Back in 1983, when I first got Nickelodeon they often aired late 70s Canadian shows like "The Tomorrow People"  - I vaguely remember watching a few episodes of this.  I distinctively remember the premise of one show about bubble-skin jump suits, about these alien beings possessing the lame jogging outfits and one of them lurking about the ship lol.

Small | Large
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »

Was there a later version of this?  I remember watching it in the early 90s but it seemed to be an English production of that time.  Could be I'm way off and remembering something else.....

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:48:10 PM »

It was British, though they showed it on Canadian television when I was young in the '70's.  I just picked up the first DVD set for myself for Christmas; somehow, I don't remember it being quite so lame...  BounceGiggle

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »

Was there a later version of this?  I remember watching it in the early 90s but it seemed to be an English production of that time.  Could be I'm way off and remembering something else.....

Yup, the second version of the series ran from 1992 to 1995.  http://imdb.com/title/tt0103568/

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »

Yup, the second version of the series ran from 1992 to 1995.  http://imdb.com/title/tt0103568/

Oh wow -- I never realized this.  (Still the disco-era version is irreplaceable.)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »

i just got the whole bc series,and sure,they are lame,but i am loving every moment of them! i would also recommend timeslip,it's just as good/bad.... Twirling
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »

I only saw the 90's version but I know of the original. I don't remember who the bad guys were but I recall the other two from later specials/seasons, there was a mad scientist who had an unhealthy love for the common mosquito and a guy who created monsoons to flood land for his crop to be made into Cornelious 9sp) Cornflakes, they called him Mr. Monsoon.

BounceGiggle

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 10:48:08 AM »

there was a mad scientist who had an unhealthy love for the common mosquito and a guy who created monsoons to flood land for his crop to be made into Cornelious 9sp) Cornflakes, they called him Mr. Monsoon.

BounceGiggle

Actually his name was Col. Jeremiah J. Cobb, although the episode he appeared in was called Monsoon Man. The mad scientist was Dr. Eliza Jeffries, a.k.a. Dr. Culex.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »

Actually his name was Col. Jeremiah J. Cobb, although the episode he appeared in was called Monsoon Man. The mad scientist was Dr. Eliza Jeffries, a.k.a. Dr. Culex.

Right, my goof TongueOut

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Tomorrow People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.