Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:03 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ratings Season Has Started Again - Finally! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ratings Season Has Started Again - Finally!  (Read 4904 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: February 11, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

Tonight, the first ep of the Sarah Connor Chronicles - can't wait!

Tomorrow (Wed), sees the start of the Channel 9 line up:

7.30 pm Rules of Engagement
8.00 pm Back To You
8.30 pm House
9.30 pm Numb3rs

Finally, all new shows and all new eps of old shows to watch!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
dean

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:47:41 AM »

Things sure move slower down here.  But on the plus side it's getting better now that they realise that we can just download the tv series if we wanted to watch them so the wait isn't nearly as long as it used to be.

On a side note, Underbelly [local made crime drama] just got banned in here Victoria, even though it's set in here, because it portrays real characters who are about to go to trial and the judge didn't want the jury to be tainted by watching the show.   TeddyR

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

Seriously?   Buggedout    I didn't think we censored tv at all here.

I didn't watch/won't watch Underbelly, and I heard it was banned but I didn't catch why or where.

Sadly, I don't like Aussie drama much.  I think the Yanks and Poms do it much better than we ever could. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
dean

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:03:38 AM »

Underbelly's meant to be really good, but then again they pumped enough money into it.

This wasn't an issue of censorship: Underbelly portrays the gangland battles of Melbourne that went for a while, and there's a big court case going on and another coming up of which are about some of these gangland murders, and therefore tainting the jury in these cases, so it's not allowed to show here.   Unusual case!  It's funny: Nine still haven't told us what they're going to play instead, so in the prime time slot of 8:30 to 10:30 tonight, there's 'To Be Announced' coming up.  Must have hurt the hip pockets!

Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »

I read in the Sydney Morning Herald online this morning that Victorians have taken to downloading the show illegally.  Like we didn't see that coming!

I saw about 20 seconds of it and only because my son told me there was a Staffy dog in one scene.  We just love Staffys in our house even though we don't have one.

Cutest. Dog. Ever.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »

Nothing to add, just liked the Aussie-centric talk and to glimpse what TV viewing is like over there.  BTW, Underbelly sounds cool. Also what American shows get seen elsewhere in the world.

House is one of the few shows I still watch, Numb3rs I liked but lost the thread of when my social life picked up again, it's on Fridays in the US about the time people go to the clubs.

I can't remember if Back to You is still on here, cancelled, on hiatus because of the writers strike, or coming back once the American Idol behemoth settles back down to it's lair again to hibernate.

Edited to fix "layer/lair" since I'm a moron.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:48:10 AM by Yaddo 42 » Logged

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 10:28:44 PM »

Yaddo

We get heaps of American shows here, although nowhere near as many as you guys would.  I don't like Aussie shows much.  I'm not really interested in  watching the lives of my fellow countrymen when they're all around me.  I prefer stories that are different from my what I can see in my daily life.

Back to You started here recently.  This week will be the 3rd ep and I'm enjoying it.  It's funny and mindless and has kelsey grammer.  What more could you want?  Wednesday nights are great viewing here: 

7.30 - Rules of Engagement
8.00 - Back To You
8.30 - House
9.30 - Numbers

Tuesday nights are Sarah Connor Chronicles which I'm enjoying as well.  And hopefully we'll see the return of Law and Order CI.  The writer's strike really screwed with the viewing lineup.  That normally wouldn't be a problem, but now our stations are fast tracking most of the shows (bringing them over within a week of them being shown in the US).  This is to combat all the downloading going on. 

For the most part, Aussie tv is complete s**te.  All you have to do is watching it on the weekends to see.  It's all sport and lame arse tourism type shows.

There are shows brought out which I loathe completely.  Samantha Who is lame, I only managed 5 mins before my brain melted and the Cashmere Mafia is Sex and the City just with married women.  Both are lame shows that I won't watch at all.

But for the most part you guys get televsion spot on   Thumbup

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ratings Season Has Started Again - Finally! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.