Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:51:34 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Live Action TV Superheros! Yay! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Live Action TV Superheros! Yay!  (Read 10785 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 15, 2008, 03:38:29 AM »

With all the multi million dollar superhero movies being made...I miss the old cheezy TV superheros.

UHF channels used to rerun Superman alot....early on Sunday mornings...

Small | Large

I love how he would break through the walls...even though opening the door would be less dramatic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »

WOW this is cheesy,

Small | Large

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

WOW this is cheesy,

Yeah....I remember that show from when I was about...eh...15 or so. I wonder where all those actors are now? At about the same time,if I recall,Wonder Woman and the Hulk were also on the air...and I do believe I recall Dr.Strange (!) having a pilot show! Wonder Woman actually had a previous incarnation with a different actress and style of dress...and it it flopped. Then came Linda Carter and her slow- mo mammary bounce...! Wallah! A hit!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »

The original Wonder Woman in the first pilot was played by Cathy Lee Crosby of all people... Buggedout. Weird to see a blond Wonder Woman although it's cheesy fun to see her tangling with Ricardo Montalban. There was indeed a Doctor Strange TV pilot. I own it on VHS. It's actually pretty good of its type although has some undeniable 1970s style cheese especially in terms of the way people dress. There were also two Captain America TV movies starring Reb Brown (of Space Mutiny fame was he not?) that are hilarious and the sequel Captain America 2: Death Too Soon (or something like that) actually has Christopher Lee in it if I'm not mistaken!  Buggedout Brown used to wear a motorcycle helmet with wings glued on the side of it if I'm remembering correctly. In its early years, Sci-Fi Channel used to actually air all this cool stuff (along with stuff like Boris Karloff's Thriller, Tales of Tomorrow, Bionic Woman, Incredible Hulk and Lost In Space. Sad how that channel seems have went down the crapper).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:38:25 AM »

Cathy Lee Crosby! Yeah...thats it!  Smile
Linda Carter was a VAST improvement...

Small | Large

mammories.....like a blah blah of my mind...misty fuddy duddy memories...of  blah bah laaa

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »

Somebody should've taught Superman how to knock.  Yes Spider-Man's webbing looked like he was shooting clothes line rope. 

I'll hold my comments on Blunder Cu... er... I mean Wonder Woman, the ultimate jiggler.  Lynda Carter definitely had better assets.

I liked this one  when it was on.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:43:56 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:38:41 PM »

How about the Japanese Spiderman

Small | Large

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »

Small | Large

Dr. Strange- Apparently, this tv movie was supposed to be a backdoor pilot for a tv show based on Dr. Strange.  Not really a 'superhero', but a comics character nonetheless.

Sadly, most of the shows mentioned above I'm not familar with.  I wasn't around then, in the '70s.  Only one I know is The Incredible Hulk, which I grew up watching reruns of. 

Unless you count the "Power Rangers" franchise.
Small | Large

This was good, for a while.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JJ80
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 01:05:22 PM »

U.K wise I can only think of one show: "Supergran". This was an intensely, irritatingly Scottish spoof/sitcom of the whole superhero milieu. The heroine was an elderly woman in a tartan beret who had a sort of flying contraption and battled a very smalltime gang led by a villain called something like "Scunner* Campbell". I think she drew her power from porridge. It was actually terrible but seemed to be somewhat popular. The theme tune was sung by Billy Connelly.

*"Scunner" - To horrify, disgust.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8RWeKkCprc

Did anybody else notice the yellow ranger was Asian and the black ranger was African-American.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T8RWeKkCprc

Did anybody else notice the yellow ranger was Asian and the black ranger was African-American.

Yeah.  A bit of controversy, I suppose.  By the second season, they quickly changed it and had the black girl as the yellow ranger and the Asian guy as the black ranger.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »

Yeah.  A bit of controversy, I suppose.  By the second season, they quickly changed it and had the black girl as the yellow ranger and the Asian guy as the black ranger.

Oh, well I'm sure THAT covered everything up.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:24 PM »

It didn't, I suppose. 

I was a kid then, and honestly, I really didn't think of it much.  Only watched it for about 5 years or so, then they did a "series"/season finale, killing off Zordon, etc. wrapping up the loose ends.

It's still on, but they follow the Japanese counterpart, changing casts/costumes/plotlines every year.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

It didn't, I suppose. 

I was a kid then, and honestly, I really didn't think of it much.  Only watched it for about 5 years or so, then they did a "series"/season finale, killing off Zordon, etc. wrapping up the loose ends.

It's still on, but they follow the Japanese counterpart, changing casts/costumes/plotlines every year.

Yeah, I loved that show, I don't remember the finale at all but I hate how it's been cheapened by the repeated season revamps.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:25 PM »

Kid vid in the 70's had they're share of cheepo live action heros too! Along with SHAZAM (Captain Marvel) and"Oh Mighty ISIS!!!" there was ELETRA WOMAN AND DYNA GIRL!!! And dig that groovy disco theme song!!!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Live Action TV Superheros! Yay! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.