Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:13 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands  (Read 53182 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole

*Just missing out on the top ten would be Vains Of Jenna, who just plain suck!

You must love this song then:

"Smells Like Nirvana" by Weird Al Yankovic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnuHJZMdako

Dunno if you've ever heard it, but it is quite hilarious. 

Al was gonna parody Michael Jackson for a third time, then Nirvana hit with "Teen Spirit", so Al wanted to parody that.  They were on tour, and he couldn't get a hold of them.  He finds out they're doing SNL, so he calls a friend on the show to talk to Nirvana.  Al asks to do the parody (he doesn't have to, but always does anyway), and says he'd like to parody their song.  Kurt says, "It's not about food is it?"  Al goes, "No, it's about how nobody knows what the hell you're saying in your songs."

Oh yeah, I am very familiar with it  TeddyR. It was a pefect parody, easy too, because the lyrics are just nonsense.

JJ80
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »

1 - The Happy Mondays - Music made by lager (and worse) louts for lager louts.
2 - Ordinary Boys - Poor mans Kaiser Chiefs.
3 - Nickleback - Turgid beardies. ("How You Remind Me" wasn't that bad though).
4 - Belle & Sebastian - Fey, pseudy Sixties retro pap. Their fans are also awful: smug, pretentious, stuck-up drips.
5 - Ting Ting-Tings - Loud chancers.
6 - Human League - Atonal bores with dolly-bird backing singers to make them seem interesting.
7 - Gossip - You're obese, you dress like a tart, move along please. (Good voice though).
8 - Boyzone - The Batchelors for the Nineties.
9 - Beautiful South - Smugly inane fake lefties.
10 - M People - Soulless Gospel/Soul music for would-be yuppies.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »

In no real order, and mostly rock since that's where my venom is musically these days:

Nickelback - The singer sounds like he's trying to pass a stone and their songs are identical sludge. The only thing worse than a Nickelback song is Nickelback trying to be sincere or nostalgic like that stupid "Goodbye" song. Seven Mary Three with better promotion.

Kiss - Brilliant business men/marketeers, lousy musicaians who do not rock. tThey have a few songs I like but for the most part they got by on makeup, hype, and stage theatrics.

Bob Seger/Eddie Money - Two annoying sides of the same middle of the road musical coin. Seger recorded locally and gets overplayed, Money had about two tunes I like every once in a while, but both are crapmeiseters of the first order. "Music for roofers to get laid by" I call them in slightly meaner moments.

Most jam bands but I name The Grateful Dead/Phish - if I have to get high first to think your music is not pointless noodling and rambling bulls**t nonsense lyrics then you suck. If your fans are more annoying than your music because my "problem is that you just haven't heard enough of it, get the bootlegs, man" you are a lousy band of grinning stoner idiots.

Bon Jovi - only popular beacuse he kept his hair, his looks, and because women like his "music" and dudes can take their women to his shows (the band doesn't really matter) without getting too embarassed and again they are bound to get some action afterward. Can see see why he gets played in the 80s oldies format, but classic rock has adopted him also.

Collective Soul - who decided these guys rock? I pick up a Mississippi radio station that plays Rage Against the Machine, Tool, and some hard rock stuff I can't identify, but they still fill the need to play "Gel", "Shine" and "The World I Know" in the mix, and they aren't the only ones. Cut it out now.

Lynryrd Skynyrd - A so-so Southern rock band as many boring songs to decent ones, the boring ones just get overplayed. They benefited careerwise from the "die young=sacred cow" syndrome. They didn't last long enough as a non-nostalgia act for trends to change around them and for their fans to see how out of touch they would become. Can you imagine that main original line-up in the 80s/MTV era? Remember how bland and behind the times .38 Special was? Same thing.

The Doors/Jim Morrison - this is only a half slam. I like the Doors' music, "Riders on the Storm", "Five to One", "The Crystal Ship", their version of "the Alabama Song" but Morrison was a lousy pretentious wannabe poet/art student riding on his good looks and a decent backing band. Again died too young for people to see him make bloated 70s concept albums, self-indulgent "art" films, etc. When I want to rile up Morrison fans I tell them that he would be playing Vegas these days in a Lizard King stage show doing two shows a night.

Aerosmith - I've found a few songs of teirs I like, none of them the big hits. But for the most part they are just imitators of the Rolling Stones, rock retreads at best. Since their 80s comeback, they are the poster children for corporate rock shills. By the numbers dreck, that "Don't Wanna Miss a Tihing" song should have had people laughing at them as the hacks they are, but adult contemoporary radio knows no limits to blandness.

The Black Eyed Peas/ various solo projects - I only like a few rap groups anyway, I've tried but it's not my thing. But these guys sum up what I hate about the genre. Bloated egos, overbearing attitudes, idiotic costumes being the latest fashions, shill for any company with enough cash but talk about "keeping it real" and "getting paid" in the same breath. Repeatative beats, hooks, samples, and mushmouthed sing song lyrics thatn either: repeat one line over and over ("Let's Get It Started") or are a jumble of seventh grade locker room sex talk ("My Humps") and cheesy teenage emotions (that insipid "Big Girls Don't Cry" song from the past year or so is a Fergie song IIRC).   

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »

The Black Eyed Peas/ various solo projects - I only like a few rap groups anyway, I've tried but it's not my thing. But these guys sum up what I hate about the genre. Bloated egos, overbearing attitudes, idiotic costumes being the latest fashions, shill for any company with enough cash but talk about "keeping it real" and "getting paid" in the same breath. Repeatative beats, hooks, samples, and mushmouthed sing song lyrics thatn either: repeat one line over and over ("Let's Get It Started") or are a jumble of seventh grade locker room sex talk ("My Humps") and cheesy teenage emotions (that insipid "Big Girls Don't Cry" song from the past year or so is a Fergie song IIRC).   

I can't stand groups that sample.  (Puffy Daddy, P. Diddy, etc is the antichrist of it...) Very few times do they ever do anything creative with the beat and it simply sounds like someone singing karaoke to the wrong backing beats. 

Aerosmith - I've found a few songs of teirs I like, none of them the big hits. But for the most part they are just imitators of the Rolling Stones, rock retreads at best. Since their 80s comeback, they are the poster children for corporate rock shills. By the numbers dreck, that "Don't Wanna Miss a Tihing" song should have had people laughing at them as the hacks they are, but adult contemoporary radio knows no limits to blandness.
I'm a fan of Aerosmith but detest "Dont' want to miss a thing" amongst much of their other so called music of the 90s. The last time I saw them in concert they proceeded to do 15 minute blues jams which really annoyed the hell out of me. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:44:47 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »

*prepares for 'karma-meter' to sink like a stone*

DREAM THEATER - the most soulless, pretentious incarnation of rock music ever spawned

RADIOHEAD - Thom yorke's strained voice sounds unbearably pretentious. I can't listen to them. musically they're okay but not great

DOORS - musically redundant. like a bunch of 'hip' geography teachers trying to sound 'cool' in front of the kids. lumpen, cliched rock'n'roll at its worst. Jim Morrison's voice = FAIL

U2 - vacant, grandiose posturing with no content.

REM - too boring for words. every track is the same

PINK FLOYD - why does anyone like them? what type of comatose state of mind do you have to enter, in order to appreciate their 0.001BPM dull landscape of music? baffling.

BLINK182 - "punk's not dead it just deserves to die"  - Jello Biafra. rubbish

THE SMITHS - Morrissey can only sing, or should I say drone 3 notes. and he ruins every potentially great song with these 3 notes. musically they had some originality and talent going on, which almost makes it worse

THE MELVINS - I love Nirvana, but these guys are beyond awful. and apparently they were Nirvana's major influence. terrible unfocussed sludgy rock, very badly produced as well.

DEEP BLUE SOMETHING - "Breakfast At Tiffany's" Bluesad Hatred, 'nuff said

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »

Chicago: Crappiest band around,, , sucks so bad some assume it must have "meaning" and decide to act like they like it. ..

ANYTHING country, Old, New, or in between.

The Doors, , garbage music and words from a drunk poet, , crap, , just crap. .

Pink Floyd: A few good songs (Run Like Hell, Learning to Fly), other than that, , it's crap

Led Zepplin, , I liked it when I was in high school, , then I grew up, , ,

Bob Seger, , no, , just no, ,  Can't stand any of it. .

Jimmy Buffett. It's the Brittney Spears of a generation ago. So sugary it makes me want to vomit.

Guns and Roses: A few good hits that didn't have any lasting appeal.

That said, I really like Manson and AC/DC, I was surprised to see them torn apart here (well, I should have guessed Manson would have been)

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 09:34:08 PM »

John Cougar Mellancamp, John Mellancamp, etc etc etc...he simply sucks under any name.

John Cougar Menstrual Cramp

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »

1 - The Happy Mondays - Music made by lager (and worse) louts for lager louts.
2 - Ordinary Boys - Poor mans Kaiser Chiefs.
3 - Nickleback - Turgid beardies. ("How You Remind Me" wasn't that bad though).
4 - Belle & Sebastian - Fey, pseudy Sixties retro pap. Their fans are also awful: smug, pretentious, stuck-up drips.
5 - Ting Ting-Tings - Loud chancers.
6 - Human League - Atonal bores with dolly-bird backing singers to make them seem interesting.
7 - Gossip - You're obese, you dress like a tart, move along please. (Good voice though).
8 - Boyzone - The Batchelors for the Nineties.
9 - Beautiful South - Smugly inane fake lefties.
10 - M People - Soulless Gospel/Soul music for would-be yuppies.
  BounceGiggle Another list of nearly 10 bands I don't give a sh!t about either!!   Twirling  I did like HUMAN LEAGUE's EP Fascination though...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 11:55:22 PM »

John Cougar Mellancamp, John Mellancamp, etc etc etc...he simply sucks under any name.

John Cougar Menstrual Cramp

there is a punk band called JOHN COUGAR CONCENTRATION CAMP, though

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jon+Cougar+Concentration+Camp

Smile

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »

Hey I like that Deep Blue Something song, not because it was good or anything. But because a girl I knew in college liked it. She's a leading candidate on my "Ones who got away" list. If the worst thing about her was that she liked that song, I think I'd come out ahead.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »

4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole

*Just missing out on the top ten would be Vains Of Jenna, who just plain suck!

You must love this song then:

"Smells Like Nirvana" by Weird Al Yankovic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnuHJZMdako

Dunno if you've ever heard it, but it is quite hilarious. 

Al was gonna parody Michael Jackson for a third time, then Nirvana hit with "Teen Spirit", so Al wanted to parody that.  They were on tour, and he couldn't get a hold of them.  He finds out they're doing SNL, so he calls a friend on the show to talk to Nirvana.  Al asks to do the parody (he doesn't have to, but always does anyway), and says he'd like to parody their song.  Kurt says, "It's not about food is it?"  Al goes, "No, it's about how nobody knows what the hell you're saying in your songs."

Oh yeah, I am very familiar with it  TeddyR. It was a pefect parody, easy too, because the lyrics are just nonsense.

I have all of Al's albums, and it's by far the best parody he's done so far.  The video's great too, having Dick Van Patten in the mosh pit eating a sandwich, and a guy running around on fire.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »

10.) Cannibal Corpse- Grunting does not constitute singing, and loud doesn't replace melody.

9.) Neil Young- Getting lucky with one or two decent songs doesn't warrant a 30 year career in my mind.

8.) Lil Wayne- Really?  He's like, one of a million "Lil" rappers out now.  Stupid.

7.) GWAR- Never saw the appeal, honestly. 

6.) Grateful Dead- Maybe if I were dirty, with no shoes, and tripping on acid every day, I'd like them.

5.) Phish- I don't know ONE song by them, but then again I don't have 2 hours to listen to ONE song.  Stupid hippie pot-head jam band.  Nothing against potheads.  Just this band in particular.

4.) Megadeth- I've never liked them, and anytime I see Dave Mustaine in an interview, instead of plugging the new album, he just cries: "I was kicked out of Metallica, wah wah wah." 

3.) My Chemical Romance- How these guys are "popular" makes me fear the end of rock music.

2.) The Police- I cringe when I hear them played on the radio.

1.) Panic! At The Disco- Eye liner wearing emo band who has a bunch of popular songs where they whine the same line over and over again, for 4 MINUTES Straight.

No offense to anyone who's a fan of these bands.  I mean, some bands mentioned by others I like, and in the end it's all in good fun.

The whole Neil Young thing: it's not so much I 'hate' his music.  In fact I do like songs he's put out.  Maybe I'm just ignorant when it comes to this guy, I dunno.  I think it's mostly some things I've heard about the guy (again, dunno what's true, whatever), but I think that's why I don't like him.  Not so much his musical ability.

But, there is one band I forgot to add to the list, and they take the number one spot.

They would be: Insane Clown Posse.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 10:59:18 AM »

You probably heard of one of Neil's tantrums, I believe he had one when rehearsing for MTVs "unplugged". Neil also is one of the sloppiest guitarists, , sloppy as in he makes mistakes ALOT. IIRC, he's been dogged on for being extremely demanding of the other band members while being nowhere near the BEST musician in the group, , just the most famous. I liked alot of his music, , but most of it seems to get old quickly. "Cinimon Girl" is timeless though, as is "Into the Black".

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »

But, there is one band I forgot to add to the list, and they take the number one spot.

They would be: Insane Clown Posse.
Aka, music for suburban white kids who are tying to be ghetto but would easily get a beat down on any city street.  I recall when they were on the Howard Stern show acting all tough.  The guy they call "angry black" now came down and they quickly shut up.  Then they tried on professional wrestling for a bit and it seemed a bit disatorous. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »

*prepares for 'karma-meter' to sink like a stone*
...DOORS - musically redundant. like a bunch of 'hip' geography teachers trying to sound 'cool' in front of the kids. lumpen, cliched rock'n'roll at its worst. Jim Morrison's voice = FAIL
I like THE DOORS, but could see where someone would not.  It is much more "hip" to hate THE DOORS nowadays then they ever were in MORRISON's lifetime (they really got hip in the late '70s...)  Certainly THE DOORS could be accused of "redundancy" but JIM MORRISON had a great Rock voice, and you, sir, are deaf.   Twirling

U2 - vacant, grandiose posturing with no content.
If you say so.   TeddyR

REM - too boring for words. every track is the same
Too bad for you.  They had some fine albums.   Wink

PINK FLOYD - why does anyone like them? what type of comatose state of mind do you have to enter, in order to appreciate their 0.001BPM dull landscape of music? baffling.
Yes, I agree.  You are baffled.   Cheers

THE MELVINS - I love Nirvana, but these guys are beyond awful. and apparently they were Nirvana's major influence. terrible unfocussed sludgy rock, very badly produced as well.
Well, what do you expect?  KURT COBAIN also loved THE SHAGGS...   TongueOut

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.