Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:00:51 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands  (Read 53196 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 08:56:50 PM »

But, there is one band I forgot to add to the list, and they take the number one spot.

They would be: Insane Clown Posse.
Aka, music for suburban white kids who are tying to be ghetto but would easily get a beat down on any city street.  I recall when they were on the Howard Stern show acting all tough.  The guy they call "angry black" now came down and they quickly shut up.  Then they tried on professional wrestling for a bit and it seemed a bit disatorous. 

The ICP are terrible.  Angry Black is hilarious though.  Not only are ICP lacking of any musical ability, their fans are even worse than they are.  The fans are horrendous.

*prepares for 'karma-meter' to sink like a stone*
...DOORS - musically redundant. like a bunch of 'hip' geography teachers trying to sound 'cool' in front of the kids. lumpen, cliched rock'n'roll at its worst. Jim Morrison's voice = FAIL
I like THE DOORS, but could see where someone would not.  It is much more "hip" to hate THE DOORS nowadays then they ever were in MORRISON's lifetime (they really got hip in the late '70s...)  Certainly THE DOORS could be accused of "redundancy" but JIM MORRISON had a great Rock voice, and you, sir, are deaf.   Twirling

U2 - vacant, grandiose posturing with no content.
If you say so.   TeddyR

REM - too boring for words. every track is the same
Too bad for you.  They had some fine albums.   Wink

PINK FLOYD - why does anyone like them? what type of comatose state of mind do you have to enter, in order to appreciate their 0.001BPM dull landscape of music? baffling.
Yes, I agree.  You are baffled.   Cheers

THE MELVINS - I love Nirvana, but these guys are beyond awful. and apparently they were Nirvana's major influence. terrible unfocussed sludgy rock, very badly produced as well.
Well, what do you expect?  KURT COBAIN also loved THE SHAGGS...   TongueOut
Morrison was good.  I quite like the Doors, actually.  Then again, I also like Floyd, so what do I know?  I can see how some people wouldn't like Floyd, so I'm not gonna argue that point.
REM has some quality work as far as I'm concerned, to tell the truth. 

You probably heard of one of Neil's tantrums, I believe he had one when rehearsing for MTVs "unplugged". Neil also is one of the sloppiest guitarists, , sloppy as in he makes mistakes ALOT. IIRC, he's been dogged on for being extremely demanding of the other band members while being nowhere near the BEST musician in the group, , just the most famous. I liked alot of his music, , but most of it seems to get old quickly. "Cinimon Girl" is timeless though, as is "Into the Black".
I may rethink my inclusion of him on this list, only cause I really hate ICP.  Again, it's not Neil's lack of talent.  I haven't heard full albums of his, but am familiar with songs, mostly the ones played on the classic rock stations.  My dislike of Neil comes mostly from interviews he's done, as his overall demeanor seemed terrible.  Like he was leaning in the chair, almost with an air to himself that like, "I'm a rockstar.  I don't have to do this interview" type of thing.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

I actually like a few of ICP's songs, mainly the ones where they're hacking on Eminem. There's at least one other that I like, , and the rest is pretty much garbage. If you're talking about suburban white kids trying to act tough, ICP fans are no worse than Eminem fans. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »

I actually like a few of ICP's songs, mainly the ones where they're hacking on Eminem. There's at least one other that I like, , and the rest is pretty much garbage. If you're talking about suburban white kids trying to act tough, ICP fans are no worse than Eminem fans. .

I don't like ICP and I know they often top the lists for worst ever musical artists, but there's worse out there. The only decent track they've ever done was "The Oddities"

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 07:55:27 AM »

Remember, this thread is just about what you like and what you don't like.  It's no different than deciding which movies are "bad."

I admit that except for a few songs (LA Woman), I find the Doors to be really, really tedious.  Hear that flailing keyboard solo in "Light My Fire" a few more times and you'll get there, too.  And that song is, what, eleven minutes long?  An eternity, for a rock song.

I can't think of a single Skynyrd song I can stand anymore.  I would say that "Free Bird" has, hands down, my least favorite guitar solo, ever.

Kind of like with movies, bands have to fall into that chasm of bad but not SO bad that they're good, for me to deem them "unfavorite."     Who gets there for me?   Marilyn Manson, yes, although I do occasionally like to listen to "Rock is Dead" for the pure noise value.   But I'm just going off on Manson because he seems like a weenie in interviews.  Do I really know his music?  No. 

Notice that most of the dislikes in this thread at least have some degree of "hate the artist" to them, not so much "hate the music."   I think that's interesting.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »

I don't like ICP and I know they often top the lists for worst ever musical artists, but there's worse out there. The only decent track they've ever done was "The Oddities"
I like the song "Oddities", mostly cause I'm a wrestling fan. 

For the most part that's a true observation, but I think there's a small division between the two.  Mainly, I can tolerate Eminem fans, but ICP fans aren't even worth talking to.  I've known quite a few people who were fans of ICP, and trust me, they aren't people I'd even admit to having talked to.

Remember, this thread is just about what you like and what you don't like.  It's no different than deciding which movies are "bad."

Kind of like with movies, bands have to fall into that chasm of bad but not SO bad that they're good, for me to deem them "unfavorite."     Who gets there for me?   Marilyn Manson, yes, although I do occasionally like to listen to "Rock is Dead" for the pure noise value.   But I'm just going off on Manson because he seems like a weenie in interviews.  Do I really know his music?  No. 

Notice that most of the dislikes in this thread at least have some degree of "hate the artist" to them, not so much "hate the music."   I think that's interesting.

Here's the thing.  The bands I posted, I can it's mostly about the music itself that I hate.  Not so much the artists, except for in the instance of Neil Young, where it's the artist not the music, and ICP where it's both the music and the artists that I find unappealing.

As far as Manson goes, I like the music.  I even think he's somewhat intelligent, as I've read articles he's written for magazines and seen interviews conducted.  Granted, he's self involved and smug as well, and it's mostly about selling that image as opposed to the actual music, so I can see why people hate him.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:51 AM »

Well, not exactly bands, but I've decided after mulling this over for some time that I don't care for these artists:
MICHAEL FEINSTEIN: Lookingup  Actually saw him live with LINDA EDER and he can play and "sing" I suppose, but I have to say that his show ranks as the weirdest performance I've ever personally witnessed...
CARLY SIMON: I like a few of her hits.  Horsemouth. 
CHER: I don't mind her persona, and I like several of her schmaltzy pop hits, but she can't sing.  She never could sing. 
DIANA ROSS: I kind of like her, but she can't sing.  Never could. 
HARRY CONNICK, JR:  He may be a "junior" but 'sfar's I'm concerned he's a king-sized a**hole. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »

Amen to that.  I think 80% of her songs is the backup singers with her singing "oh no" or "oh yeah" over them.  Her attitude sucks too. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »

Well, not exactly bands, but I've decided after mulling this over for some time that I don't care for these artists: 
HARRY CONNICK, JR:  He may be a "junior" but 'sfar's I'm concerned he's a king-sized a**hole. 

I agree, as long as you confine yourself to his post-HARRY MET SALLY career.  The fact that he started out with so much talent and promise makes what he's become particularly sad.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

The ICP are terrible.  Angry Black is hilarious though.  Not only are ICP lacking of any musical ability, their fans are even worse than they are.  The fans are horrendous.

I'm not crazy for ICP newer stuff but I do like their older stuff.  I knew several ICP fans in my life time and they were not horrendous. 

Well I don't have a top ten but here are some of the ones that I just don't in no order what so ever.

U2 They only two songs that I like them from are Vertigo and their version of Beat of the Brat.  Other than that I just don't like them at all.

Nirvana Really never saw the appeal with them.  I could not understand what they were saying most of the time.

Dave Matthews Band  I like one song from them but other than that it's just stupid and boring.

Hootie and the Blowfish - God awfully annoying in every way.  Every time I hear one of their songs on the radio I either turn the radio off or listen to my IPOD.

Black Eyed Peas - Horrible songs and very annoying.

Marilyn Manson - I don't even like looking at him.  I find him depressing.  My cousin listens to  him and he's about an inch from killing himself which I don't think is related to listening to his songs.

ANY BOY BAND- What a waste.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

I also agree, alot of Motown/Soul singers never got the recognition they deserved and were even better than Diana, the other Supremes especially.

And for the record I can't stomach U2 and Bonehead at all, they have only crafted one song I like which is called "Wire".
The Edge is also an extremely overrated guitar player and his name is stoopid!  Thumbdown

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 05:49:30 PM »

I also agree, alot of Motown/Soul singers never got the recognition they deserved and were even better than Diana, the other Supremes especially...
And amen to that...  Thumbup  FLORENCE BALLARD also of the SUPREMES (pushed aside for ROSS) and MARY WELLS, to name only two Motown alumnus, were both incredibly superior vocalists to ROSS.  Yet, I don't blame DIANA for her success, which was essentially handed to her after the earliest years, because of her looks and squeaky sound (perceived as kinda "white" I'd guess).  But it is tragic how FLO BALLARD got the can and made poor uneducated choices that marginalized her. 

Oh! Y'know who else I don't like?  AL JOLSON !!  Who'd give him a thought at this late date?  Well, first of all an old friend of mine's Dad passed away nearly 20 years ago and she was asked for music for the background of the wake, which I was glad to take on as assignment: wake music from her Father's collection of AL JOLSON records.  Mission accomplished...  Lookingup  Second, they have been playing him on AM radio on WHLI out of Long Island, which most often plays wonderful and obscure Pop, Jazz, Swing, what have you... WTF?  He wasn't bad enough for the funeral?  Can't stand 'im. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:58:17 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

This isn't a spoof. They were called vanilla.

Small | Large

Scary.

No way, no way !!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

The Reynolds Girls - Id Rather Jack

Oh, man...

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 09:07:30 PM »

Barring country artists, since I don't really like country much anyway and haven't listened to enough specific groups and singers to make a firm judgment, these are the bands I can't stand...

Hey, it rhymed!  Well, anyway, here's to hoping no one takes these as personal assaults.  I just don't like these bands. 

1) Nickelback- Generic and boring rock that sounds like it was written and recorded for a coffee commercial.  Then you have the whole slew of bands that came out after they did that sound exactly like them.  The funny thing is I usually can't tell any of these bands or their songs apart. 

2) Kid Rock- I know Triumph already said this about Justin Timberlake, but I'll recycle it anyway: "Is he rapping?  Is he rocking?  He doesn't know what to suck at."  Kid Rock's music changes sounds with every album, and every one still sounds like ass.  There a few okay songs, but beyond that it all sounds like it should be on a CD called "The Best of the Trailer Park." 

3) Sonic Youth- I think Juno nailed it.  They're overrated, and they sound like noise.  Thank god we don't hear from them anymore.

4) Static-X (post Wisconsin Deathtrip)- After their first album, they lost a sense of form and composition.  Now, they sounds like boring, generic hard rock.

5) Fly Leaf- I think these guys are one of the most overrated bands I've ever heard.  They're instrumental work is dull and uninspired, and their vocalist sounds like a whining dolphine on drugs.  For the most part, I've noticed that the only reason a lot of people like them is that their vocalist is a woman.  That's all I ever hear some people talk about, how hot their vocalist is.  Never mind that she can't sing to save her life, she's dead sexy.  Oh, and she's not that good looking either, so there!

6) Anybody Killa- If you thought ICP was bad, prepare for their homie, Anybody Killa, or ABK as they call him.  It's ICP, with 90% more angst and a speach impediment.  He can't rap for s**t, and even within Psychopathic Records standards he still sucks. 

7) Grim Reaper- They need to have a special category of metal for these guys.  I'm thinking something like Cheddar Metal.  These guys are cheesier than a Kraft factory.  And what's with the poofy mullet their lead singer had?  Dear god, even when that was the style it was atrocious.  Some of the Beavis and Butthead segments involving their videos are hilarious, though. 

8) Six Feet Under- Their lead singer sounds like a seal with brain damage.  As far as death metal goes, these guys are one of the most overrated I've heard.  And what's with all the cover songs?  I'm not even a really big AC/DC fan, and even I'm appauled at hearing their cover of TNT.

9) Limp Bizkit- I liked a few of their songs.  $3 Bill is still a decent album, before Fred Durst's ego inflated.  After that, they went downhill.  Their music was reduced to lousy catch phrases with awful riffs and haphazard lyrics written around them. 

10) Michael Bolton- It's an obvious choice, but I had to go there.  His music can only be compared to torture, rape, ethnic cleansing, and the evening news broadcasted in the US.  His music makes me think of puppies dying, and no music should ever do that.  Plainly put, he is Satan.

As far as ICP goes, they're hit or miss for me.  I used to be a big fan when I was in high school, but after meeting other fans (Juggalos, they call themselves), their novelty began to wear off, and I began to distance myself from their music.  I still like Twiztid, though, which is a group under the same label that actually doesn't completely sound like ass.

I wanted to put Linkin Park up here, but I figure they would be a #11.  Their boo-hoo-hoo rock really makes me want to drive a nail in my forehead.  And who would be #12?  TLC.  Even though I like the song "Red Light Special," I really can't stand most of their music.  It just reminds me of all the girls I knew that listened to them that thought their s**t didn't stink.

You know who I'm surprised didn't make very many lists?  Slipknot.  Many people can't stand their music, and I can understand why.  First is the whole rock vs. metal argument, and second, even if you consider them metal, they really aren't that great of metal.  I don't mind their music to be honest, but as far as metal goes they're really not the biggest fish in the pond. 

I didn't want to include any whole genres as my selections, and for that reason you didn't see emo, modern country, boy bands, most modern pop, or any newer band that came out that I don't like (i.e. Trapt or Egypt Central). 
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 09:17:05 PM »

I forgot to mention although i may catch flack for it, Smashing Pumpkins.  A good part of it is because I can't stand Billy Corgan. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.