Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:30 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Howard the Duck finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Howard the Duck finally coming to DVD!  (Read 13692 times)
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:07 AM »

Universal has confirmed a special edition DVD release of the notorious yet strangely beloved, George Lucas produced, 1986 box office bomb Howard the Duck for March 10, 2009. Digitally remastered and featuring new 5.1 surround sound, this disc is going to be fairly loaded for a DVD retailed for around $14.99.

- A Look Back at Howard the Duck
- Releasing the Duck
- News Featurette
- The Stunts of Howard the Duck
- The Special Effects of Howard the Duck
- The Music of Howard the Duck
- Teaser Trailers

Winner of multiple Razzie Awards, hailed as one of the worst films of 1986 by Siskel & Ebert, a rather costly financial catastrophe at the box office, nonetheless, Howard the Duck has garnered a cult following. Maybe it's the absurdity of the very premise. Maybe it's the hot duck-on-Lea Thompson action. Maybe it's Tim Robbins overacting to the hilt. Whatever the reason be, a DVD release has been greatly anticipated by many for years now. The wait is finally over.

Loved the movie as a little kid. Haven’t seen it again in nearly 20 years. Be curious to see it again through the scrutiny of adult eyes.

Mark your calendars, folks. Howard the Duck on DVD: 3/10/2009.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »

That's a movie I thought would be a complete waste of time, but as I started watching it I found it to be one of the funnier comedies Hollywood has made.  Count me as a member of the cult  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »

Universal has confirmed a special edition DVD release of the notorious yet strangely beloved, George Lucas produced, 1986 box office bomb Howard the Duck for March 10, 2009. Digitally remastered and featuring new 5.1 surround sound, this disc is going to be fairly loaded for a DVD retailed for around $14.99.

- A Look Back at Howard the Duck
- Releasing the Duck
- News Featurette
- The Stunts of Howard the Duck
- The Special Effects of Howard the Duck
- The Music of Howard the Duck
- Teaser Trailers

Winner of multiple Razzie Awards, hailed as one of the worst films of 1986 by Siskel & Ebert, a rather costly financial catastrophe at the box office, nonetheless, Howard the Duck has garnered a cult following. Maybe it's the absurdity of the very premise. Maybe it's the hot duck-on-Lea Thompson action. Maybe it's Tim Robbins overacting to the hilt. Whatever the reason be, a DVD release has been greatly anticipated by many for years now. The wait is finally over.

Loved the movie as a little kid. Haven’t seen it again in nearly 20 years. Be curious to see it again through the scrutiny of adult eyes.

Mark your calendars, folks. Howard the Duck on DVD: 3/10/2009.

I know it was out in Region 2 and was I seriously considering getting the R2 release, now it looks like I won't have to, well I know I'm going to pre-order things when I see in on Amazon.com
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »

I have a bootleg of this one.  Watched it not too long ago.  Loved it as a kid, and I still found it entertaining.  It's ridiculous, but really, isn't that the point?
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why this movie has a following.
It just seems like a weird, little flop.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
the master
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 12:24:54 PM »

maybe george lucas will do cgi work to it to make it destroyed i mean enhance our  vision of the film like he did for the original trilogy dvds Twirling
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »

Thank goodness, and I will admit that I never thought the film would see the light of day again.  Looking forward to the DVD!   Smile

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »

Hey, replace the actor with a 3D animated duck voiced by danny Devito as Louie DePalma...this could work!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »

About time.

Cheers
Javakoala
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »

I wish they'd release the complete comic series in two or three volumes around the time the movie comes out.  I loved the comic.

And along those lines, has anyone heard anything more about the Ralph Snart movie?  I remember a rumor about it.
jfili1021
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »

It's available for pre-order on Barnes & Noble website
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 11:28:08 PM »

I'm really surprised that the movie is getting a legitimate Region 1 DVD release and in special edition form as well!

Anyone know how total run time of all of the featurettes together as I'm sure it's just a bigger documentary broke down into bite size chunks. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 02:20:10 AM »

Smile

My friend from the Film General board on IMDB, HowardtheDCuk, will be pleased to hear that, no doubt.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Howard the Duck finally coming to DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.