Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:49 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Streets of Fire « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Streets of Fire  (Read 35917 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 20, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »

This "Rock & Roll Fable" is a fantasy filled with pounding music, dirty city streets, stark raving mad bikers, and the soul of a prince disguised as a bitter loner.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Grackle
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

I wish my eyes were on fire after that movie   Hatred
BTM

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »

You know, this has been on my "Films to Check Out Someday" list forever.  I'll have to put it in my Queue.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

You know, this has been on my "Films to Check Out Someday" list forever.  I'll have to put it in my Queue.

Same here, just bought it as an xmas present for myself.  TeddyR

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »

Haven't seen this one in quite a while, fun movie.  Have to pick up the DVD sometime soon.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »

I hadn't seen this in YEARS, I actually thought it was much older. Good movie, , and GREAT review.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
zubzwank
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:55:42 AM »

I always liked this movie. It is so over the top. Far from the best of great director Walter Hill
(The Warriors and 48 Hours among many others), it has his unique touch and a great cast,
especially the young and gorgeous--still is, 25 years later--Diane Lane. What does she think
of this movie now? Hopefully, it was a fun, youthful lark for her.

I always thought they should have gotten Springsteen's song of the same name for the soundtrack.  
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »

Call me an idiot but I kept wondering
A: why was Bob Dylan not mentioned
B: why you were saying this was a good movie.  

Then I relized that I was thinking Hearts of Fire (which had Bob Dylan) and sucked.  It has been a long time but from what I remember it was good.  I will have to see if I can get it on Netflicks.  

BTW:  I am a huge Dylan fan but I will say do not watch Heart of Fire.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »

You know, after enjoying "Repo: The Genetic Opera" so much, I think i could get into this. I'm curious to see if this recent momentum behind musicals turns out to be a fad.

Might the 80s hold the answer? 

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the review, Andrew and I second your "Rowrrrrr" where Diane Lane is concerned.

"I can dream about youuuuuuu........"  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Phred22
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »

No one has mentioned the police cars seen in Streets of Fire's opening scenes. They are Studebakers from the 1950s, the kind that had the front radiator shaped like a rocket nose.

Another thing unmentioned, how the story plays like a western, though it plays out entirely in grungy city streets and buildings at night.
Bmac
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »

:bouncegiggle:Have just learned of this site, What can i say Street of fire AMAZING. One of my all time classic movies. Long live rock and rock. bmac
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »

Well, it's official. It's awesome. But...AND a BIG "but", the acting is some of the worst I've ever watched. Eveything else is perfection though, damn shame....

Angie
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

This movie is BAD ASS!!!!! Not only are there great songs and great violence, but willam Dafoe !?!?!?!?! Come on! I Used to watch this movie all the time when I was younger...I found it online and I am enjoying it again.  Please, watch this movie and get lost in the story...it's worth it. Twirling
machinecultist
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »

This movie creates its own little warped wild west universe and then runs with it. The classic story of the prodigal leg-breaker who left town and is called back to set things right is presented in a grungy, Rust Belt wasteland built on rock and roll and vigilante justice.

But man. What is it about pulling a balisong in a movie? How many flicks has a bad guy whip that knife out only to get disarmed and battered for his efforts, often accompanied by the hero displaying greater aptitude with this flashy weapon? I mean, I understand, the whipping and clicking noises that knife makes are intimidating as all hell but someone should send out a memo to the local chapters of the Thugs & Goons Union already.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Streets of Fire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.