Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:09:58 PM
714317 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 79
Author Topic: Recent theatrical viewings  (Read 618501 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #960 on: January 04, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »

FROZEN 2 (2019): Elsa and pals investigate an ancient injustice in a nearby enchanted forest. The plot has almost nothing to do with the previous installment and is really just an excuse for a bunch of (mediocre) songs and (excellent) visual effects. I see no need for FROZEN 3. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #961 on: January 05, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »

Rise of Skywalker. The final film entry in the story of the Skywalkers. At least until someone decides that Han & Leia had more than one kid, or that Luke had children or some such retcon. Better than expected but not perfect.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (2019): The Emperor Palpatine has risen from the grave, and Rey must discover the secret of her past to defeat him and his massive fleet of star destroyers. The goofy designed-by-committee plot is just an excuse to string along a bunch of chase scenes, lightsaber battles, and about 10 minutes of congratulatory hugging at the end. 3/5.

kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #963 on: January 14, 2020, 03:04:13 AM »

Jo Jo Rabbit. 

Holy crap!  I have been dissapointed in movies the past 5 years that I haven't bothered watching a new release in the theater until Jo Jo Rabbit. I hear nothing about it except that My roommate asked .. out of the blue, if I wanted to see "Jo Jo Rabbit"  I asked him what is it about:  He said its about a 10 year old boy who's imaginary best friend is Adolph Hitler.   

That was all I needed to get into the car and head to the theater. 

If you have not seen it in the theater.. shame on you... but do get it on DVD.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #964 on: January 16, 2020, 10:04:23 AM »

CATS (2019): If any tells you this is a camp spectacle and the next SHOWGIRLS or THE ROOM, don't believe them. It's simply mediocre middlebrow pap. A lame plot is used to tie together a series of songs about various "jellicle" cats. This can't be that much worse than the Broadway show, can it? 2.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #965 on: January 30, 2020, 09:48:29 AM »

THE GENTLEMEN (2019): Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) wants to retire and sell his multi-million pound weed growing operation in the UK, but between double crosses, a tabloid extortionist, a Chinese gang that wants a piece of the action, and other players, it won't be a simple transaction. This snappy, zippy caper is a welcome return to his roots for Guy Ritchie. 4/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #966 on: February 11, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »

GRETEL & HANSEL (2020): Cast out by their poor mother, Gretel takes her brother Hansel into the woods, where they come upon a house inhabited by a witch. Starts out a little bumpy, but then the eldritch atmosphere takes over, resulting in a pleasantly chilly fairy tale update.  I'm giving it 3/5, but I'm thinking some might find it too slow, and 2.5/5 might be more appropriate.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #967 on: February 12, 2020, 06:07:39 AM »

CATS (2019): If any tells you this is a camp spectacle and the next SHOWGIRLS or THE ROOM, don't believe them. It's simply mediocre middlebrow pap. A lame plot is used to tie together a series of songs about various "jellicle" cats. This can't be that much worse than the Broadway show, can it? 2.5/5.

I was going to say that the last recent theatrical viewing I had was people running out of the cinema screaming after seeing this crap fest.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #968 on: February 27, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »

"Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn": Harley Quinn splits up with the Joker and finds Gotham City's entire underworld after her now that she is no longer under his protection. No idea why D.C. wanted to ensure this kids' movie got an "R" rating, but despite the goofiness of the whole concept (embodied in the overdone title) you can't deny Margot Robbie's bad girl magnetism in the role. 3/5.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #969 on: February 27, 2020, 10:24:49 AM »

"Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn": Harley Quinn splits up with the Joker and finds Gotham City's entire underworld after her now that she is no longer under his protection. No idea why D.C. wanted to ensure this kids' movie got an "R" rating, but despite the goofiness of the whole concept (embodied in the overdone title) you can't deny Margot Robbie's bad girl magnetism in the role. 3/5.

They went for an 'R' rating because Deadpool.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #970 on: March 06, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »

They went for an 'R' rating because Deadpool.

Yeah, I understand why they did it from a marketing perspective. I was just being snarky.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #971 on: March 06, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »

THE INVISIBLE MAN: Either Cecilia is going crazy, or her abusive partner has faked his own death, developed an invisibility suit, and devoted himself to turning her life into a nightmare. The metaphor here is far from invisible, but it doesn't impede the suspense. 3/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #972 on: March 14, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »

INCITEMENT (2020): A movie told from the perspective of assassin Yigal Amir, who searches for a theological justification to do what he wants to do anyway: kill Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, whom he sees as a traitor to the Jewish people for seeking peace with the Palestinians. We don't watch Amir become radicalized; he's already radical when the film starts. As the title suggests, the movie implicitly criticizes the extremist rabbis who quietly plant suggestions that killing Rabin might be permissible or even mandatory, without having the guts to come right out and put themselves in harm's way. 3.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »

All movie theaters in KY close after today, so I was one of the last people in the state to see a movie in the cinema for a while.

SWALLOW: Newly pregnant, a bored, pampered young housewife begins swallowing non-food items---first a marble, then a thumbtack and worse---putting her marriage and health at risk. (This is a real psychological condition called pica.) I had some issues with the script---the husband is too much of a caricature, some of the social indignities are awkwardly forced, etc.---but Haley Bennett is completely convincing and empathetic as a pica sufferer. 3/5.

Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #974 on: March 22, 2020, 07:24:48 AM »

King Kong(1933) special cinema event from FATHOM EVENTS..

Wonderful to see on the big screen, ironic , as it may be the last film I see in cinema for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 79
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.