Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:50:25 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Lars Von Trier movie, Antichrist (If you are into gore, this is for you) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Lars Von Trier movie, Antichrist (If you are into gore, this is for you)  (Read 6642 times)
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 27, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »

Hey peeps. I've been inactive on this board for a long long while, just lurking and reading the reviews for inspiration.
Hope you're all well. As i mentioned in the time i was more active here, i find you all to be incredibly insightful and nice people.

Anyway, as a treat for you, i have some news for you about the coming Lars Von Trier movie, Antichrist (I'm here when something interesting
occasionally happens in Danish cinema!).

If you're yawning now because you know Lars from films like Breaking the Waves or Dancer in the Dark, i can understand you. If
you're a little excited because you liked The Kingdom (Riget), i understand you even more.

Ladies and gentlemen, Antichrist is a horror film.

Well, the story is that my elder brother had the chance to see a test screening of the movie. He's a big movie buff like me, and enjoys a good splatter/horror film.
We grew up with Robocop, and later laughed ourselves through Ichi the Killer and Story of Ricky (The point being that my brother is no stranger to a gory flick).

During the screening of the movie, my brother became so sickened by the intensity of the movie, that he almost fainted. He became so physically ill watching it, that
he was unable to properly fill out the response cards afterwards.

It's a combination of being incredibly graphic, and at the same time being suspensefull in a way that's just downright unpleasant (Similar to Michael Haneke).
Personally, just hearing my brother describing some of the details to me made me clench my teeth.

It stars Willem Dafoe, and will probably be released come september.

So i'm writing for two segments here:

1: If you're into gore, this is probably going to be pretty extreme

2: If you're squirmish, but like Lars Von Trier, you might wan't to stay away from this one (my brother states that he never want's to see it again)

If it's anything like the rough cut, it will likely create quite a fuss when it's aired in the artsy film festivals Trier usually frequents.

So remember folks - You've heard it here first!

Hope to frequent the board a little more in the future.

Yours truly-
Johannes, Denmark

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »

If it's anything like the rough cut, it will likely create quite a fuss when it's aired in the artsy film festivals Trier usually frequents.
Though gore is not my top priority when viewing films, I can say I am veddy, veddy happy we do not live in the 1930s where such things are cut out from films for making the squeamish sick and lost forever Smile .

That said, I am a fan of The Kingdom and truly hope the film preserves as much as Trier's vision as possible. TeddyR

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Viktorcrayon
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:04:48 AM »

Bumping this to say it just premiered in Cannes now :)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

Van Trier is an electic filmaker-I saw the IDIOTS....interesting,kinda artsy. I'd watch it....just for the fact it isn't your run of the mill Hollywood crap.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 03:37:50 AM »

I generally dislike Von Trier's Dogme films, but I very much like Zentropa/Europa.

I've heard this one quite predictably caused a stir in Cannes and he already has to cut alot to make it viable for some of the more sensitive markets.  I'll be interested to see if we get it uncut here, since our censorship board is notoriously terrible to deal with.

But yes, from some of the things I have been hearing, it does sound like one hell of a messed up flick.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Lars Von Trier movie, Antichrist (If you are into gore, this is for you) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.