Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:56:55 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES  (Read 29108 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQR-OsH0RQ
I dont like Kurt in general, but I really hate this song. Hatred
You're not alone.  Although it is catchy, everytime I hear Kurt slur "An albino... a mullato... a mosquito... my libido" I think, there were people in the 1990s who really believed that guy was a genius?
He doesn't "slur".  He croaks... or is it a shriek?  I took the lyric as describing an awkward, smelly, childish, selfish sexual encounter, self conscious with late 20th century STDs, painfully revealing the narrator's own deep self loathing and contempt: he sees himself as some half-blood sickly white insignificant annoyance of an insect injector hungry for blood... "With the lights out its less dangerous... Here we are now... Entertain us... I feel stupid and contagious... Here we are now... Entertain us... A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido..."

You're rightish... the song's really not so bad.  The entire song seems to me to express contempt for his own teenage/young adult audience, sort of a cruel joke at the expense of his fans (which is an attitude I find mildly offensive).  "Mulatto" & "albino" evoke images of social outcasts, as all teenagers imagine themselves to be.  And of course "libido" is the overriding concern of the young.  What makes the phrase hilariously bad to me is the "one of these things is not like the other" inclusion of "mosquito" which he seems to me to have thrown in because it's slightly exotic sounding and ends in "o."  Perhaps it's a clever parody of the sort of self-absorbed poetry he imagines his audience to write.  I still laugh at the idea that anyone would consider him a "genius," although that word is so often applied to anyone who's mildly competent at their craft that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Wink   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQR-OsH0RQ
I dont like Kurt in general, but I really hate this song. Hatred
You're not alone.  Although it is catchy, everytime I hear Kurt slur "An albino... a mullato... a mosquito... my libido" I think, there were people in the 1990s who really believed that guy was a genius?
He doesn't "slur".  He croaks... or is it a shriek?  I took the lyric as describing an awkward, smelly, childish, selfish sexual encounter, self conscious with late 20th century STDs, painfully revealing the narrator's own deep self loathing and contempt: he sees himself as some half-blood sickly white insignificant annoyance of an insect injector hungry for blood... "With the lights out its less dangerous... Here we are now... Entertain us... I feel stupid and contagious... Here we are now... Entertain us... A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido..."

You're rightish... the song's really not so bad.  The entire song seems to me to express contempt for his own teenage/young adult audience, sort of a cruel joke at the expense of his fans (which is an attitude I find mildly offensive).  "Mulatto" & "albino" evoke images of social outcasts, as all teenagers imagine themselves to be.  And of course "libido" is the overriding concern of the young.  What makes the phrase hilariously bad to me is the "one of these things is not like the other" inclusion of "mosquito" which he seems to me to have thrown in because it's slightly exotic sounding and ends in "o."  Perhaps it's a clever parody of the sort of self-absorbed poetry he imagines his audience to write.  I still laugh at the idea that anyone would consider him a "genius," although that word is so often applied to anyone who's mildly competent at their craft that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Wink   

I liked Nirvana quite a bit in the early 90s. They were a refreshing change of pace from all the death metal I was listening to at the time. They were just what I was looking for: pop melodies mixed with heaviness. You know what I hate? When eyeryone goes on about how Kurt was the spokesman for a generation. BULLf**kINGs**t. The majority of young people who championed Kurt as a spokesman were buying up MC Hammer and Color Me Badd before Nevermind came out. Most of these kids bought Nirvana because it was popular, just like Hammer and Vanilla Ice were popular a year or so before Nevermind came out. I liked Nirvana because they wrote good, simple, catchy songs and that's it. I despise the whole generation X concept and anyone who claimed to be a part of it was a f**king poser. DEATH TO  POPULAR MUSIC!!!!  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred
Oh yeah, I guess my pick for my most hated song would be anything thats on the charts these days. Is it just me or is popular music just getting worse and worse as the years go by?

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 07:49:10 PM »

Oh yeah, I guess my pick for my most hated song would be anything thats on the charts these days. Is it just me or is popular music just getting worse and worse as the years go by?

Any chance your parents said the same thing at your age?  BounceGiggle

Honestly, I doubt it.  I grew up in the 80s and I despised the pop music of the time (Culture Club, De Leppard, etc. -- sorry Circus)!  I haven't listened to the radio in years, but I can't imagine the pop music today is actually worse.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »

...You're rightish... the song's really not so bad.  The entire song seems to me to express contempt for his own teenage/young adult audience, sort of a cruel joke at the expense of his fans (which is an attitude I find mildly offensive). 
At the time "Smells Like Teen Spirit" came out, NIRVANA had relatively few fans.  I urge you to consider the artist was exposing himself; consider, for instance, he was a suicide. 

"Mulatto" & "albino" evoke images of social outcasts, as all teenagers imagine themselves to be.  And of course "libido" is the overriding concern of the young.  What makes the phrase hilariously bad to me is the "one of these things is not like the other" inclusion of "mosquito" which he seems to me to have thrown in because it's slightly exotic sounding and ends in "o."
I suggest the poetic use of that word there is sadly appropriate, a mosquito: small, annoying, self absorbed, insignificant with penetration the primary conern... 

Perhaps it's a clever parody of the sort of self-absorbed poetry he imagines his audience to write.  I still laugh at the idea that anyone would consider him a "genius," although that word is so often applied to anyone who's mildly competent at their craft that I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Wink
Y'know since killing himself, KURT COBAIN has taken a lot of hits, perhaps most famously by ANDY ROONEY on "60 Minutes" but he is not to blame for labels slapped on him like "spokesman" or "genius".  Not much of a NIRVANA fan myself, simply as a matter of course or taste, I will say I have not heard a record of their's that I didn't like and was not impressed by. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 08:19:05 PM »

This is a funny thread.  I agree with almost all of it so far.  I'd thought of starting one like this myself  -didn't realize it was already on here.  I almost didn't post on this one though because I couldn't think of any music that I actually think EVERYONE else likes.  I've gotta stop taking things so literally. BounceGiggle  So here's mine.

Anything by The Beatles

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:26:41 PM by the ghoul » Logged
voltron

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »

Honestly, I doubt it.  I grew up in the 80s and I despised the pop music of the time (Culture Club, De Leppard, etc. -- sorry Circus)!  I haven't listened to the radio in years, but I can't imagine the pop music today is actually worse.
[/quote]

I know, Rev., I know. It's such a typical old fart thing to say, but it's true. I grew up in the 80s as well. When I was a kid back then, I was a die hard Iron Maiden freak and I pretty much hated anything that wasn't Iron Maiden. Even my parents, who grew up in the 60s, enjoyed a lot of 80s pop. Nowadays I'll listen to just about anything, but there's something special about a lot of 80s music. Yes, there was a lot of crap bands, but there was a lot of stuff that had a lot of honesty and heart. Sure, there's some nostalgia there, but I've been getting a big kick out of rediscovering bands I used to ignore back then (ie: Talk Talk, Images In Vouge, Killing Joke, etc). Most music these days is so plastic and manufactured that it's sick. It just goes to show you who popular music is geared towards: kids. I blame MTV and MuchMusic for this. They went from being about music to being about teenie shows and advertising. It makes me nostalgic for the Spice Girls for chrissake. It's a good thing there will always be an underground scene to explore....

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »

I grew up listening to '60s and '70s music, listened to and bought a lot of '80s music back then, but not too much has risen to the surface since...  Wink  I hardly despised the Pop then, but I can tell you it is "actually worse" now.  May I rephrase?  Actually worst. 

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2009, 03:56:08 AM »

*slowly raises hand*
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2009, 11:01:14 PM »

I just never could stand it, yet I felt everyone else loved it. I just never got it I guess.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »

Did I mention I hate "Yesterday" by THE BEATLES?  I don't need to be hyperbolic and describe self mutilation scenarios, when in fact it's just a song, like any song that anybody doesn't particularly care for, and I can certainly listen to the thing.  But in my experience, only BEATLES haters hate "Yesterday" and I love THE BEATLES.   Here is a really cool live early performance of "Yesterday" where GEORGE the smart ass, introduces PAUL (love GEORGE intro, still hate it):
Small | Large

Did I mention I love PAUL... ?  I bought all his great, good, crappy and corny records back all thru the '70s, and of course always loved all of  THE BEATLES, but individually, PAUL's Pop Rock was most appealing to me... Still like this song, like I do all of PAUL's hits...  Lookingup I will say that this video helps my case not one bit, it's dreadful, but so much fun for old WINGS fans, like me (I never denied loving Pop first) and they all three PAUL, LINDA and DENNY LAINE look young and well. 
Small | Large

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »

I haven't listened to the radio in years, but I can't imagine the pop music today is actually worse.

All music today is bad. Everything from the 50's through to the 80's had real heart and there was always some new kind of sound within each genre being explored. Now everything is either painfully dull and bland, yet considered artsy OR is terribly overproduced, souless trash that makes a nice wedge for the suits and gives some airhead their 15mins in the limelight.

Barf.  Bluesad

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

This is a funny thread.  I agree with almost all of it so far.  I'd thought of starting one like this myself  -didn't realize it was already on here.  I almost didn't post on this one though because I couldn't think of any music that I actually think EVERYONE else likes.  I've gotta stop taking things so literally. BounceGiggle  So here's mine.

Anything by The Beatles

Wow. Very much by the Beatles after there mop-top days is too hippy dippy for me as well. More-
.Micheal Jackson.
.QUEEN
.BOSTON
.MEATLOAF-Ahhh! Why-please sweet whoever the f*ck runs this dumpsite called Life-tell me the appeal of 'Paradise By the Dashboard Light' beyond 1970's era high school girls?  Question I need to know!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:39 AM »

WE ARE FAMILY I can't stand the song, It just that same chorus over and over and over arrrggggh!  Hatred
SOLJA BOY I don't know how that song became so popular with my generation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.