Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:28:54 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Don't you just hate it when your team loses? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when your team loses?  (Read 7786 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »

So you scared that Man City will be surounded by glory hunters ?
What if you won the league ?
Surely it's worth putting up with fake fans if you beat United...

I don't think we'll win the league this season at all. We'll be about 3-4 seasons off, as we just need to qualify for Europe first. Then, we can attract the really big-name players. Saying that tho' I love our first team at the moment; Bellamy, Robinho, Ireland, Given, Bridge and SWP. As long as we start finishing above Utd, I'm not bothered about the league.

Basically, It's all about beating the reds.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 09:41:23 AM »

Basically, It's all about beating the reds.  TeddyR

Yes, and even though they've beat us more times, we've beat them on the most important occasions.

1974: Former Utd player Denis Law's back-heel won us the derby and relegated Man Utd to Divison Two.
1976: Beat Man Utd 4-0 in the League Cup to reach the quarter finals. (went on to win the cup 2-1 v Newcastle)
2002: Beat Man Utd 3-1 in the last ever derby at Maine Road.
2004: Beat Man Utd 4-1 in first derby game at Eastlands.
2008: Won 2-1 at Old Trafford on the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:59:56 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 10:29:06 AM »

2008: Won 2-1 at Old Trafford on the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.  BounceGiggle

Dude, that's a little dark... Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

It's pretty much sacrilege to be a non-sports fan in Philadelphia. We've got all the seasons covered: football, basketball, baseball, hockey. There are also a couple of minor-league baseball teams with loyal followings, and some pretty decent college sports teams.

My involvement is around championship time for each season, and consists of reading a sports headline and either saying "Oh, our team is doing well? Cool." or "Oh, our team is out of it? That sucks." and that's pretty much it.

It gets a little awkward at the office when people start having intense sports conversations. Even the French guy in the office will get into detailed conversations about the implications of the knee injury of X, Y or Z to the football team. I think people have learned not to bother trying to involve me in these conversations. The sports stuff doesn't bother me particularly, but I have nothing to contribute.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

It's pretty much sacrilege to be a non-sports fan in Philadelphia. We've got all the seasons covered: football, basketball, baseball, hockey. There are also a couple of minor-league baseball teams with loyal followings, and some pretty decent college sports teams.

My involvement is around championship time for each season, and consists of reading a sports headline and either saying "Oh, our team is doing well? Cool." or "Oh, our team is out of it? That sucks." and that's pretty much it.

It gets a little awkward at the office when people start having intense sports conversations. Even the French guy in the office will get into detailed conversations about the implications of the knee injury of X, Y or Z to the football team. I think people have learned not to bother trying to involve me in these conversations. The sports stuff doesn't bother me particularly, but I have nothing to contribute.

Yeah, I lived in the Philly area for about 4 or 5 years, they are really obsessed.  Especially with the "Iggles."     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ChuckSplatt
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:25 PM »

I'm impressed with real fans who stand behind their team no matter how many wins or losses.

I cannot do that.

I had a friend who loves the Rams, no matter how many times they lose.
He grew up in Los Angeles, and to this day he'll watch the Rams and root for 'em.

I was a 49er fan in the 80's when they were dominating. Then gave up. Thus, I cannot be a real fan.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

I'm impressed with real fans who stand behind their team no matter how many wins or losses.

Thankyou!  BounceGiggle

My football club got relegated 3 times and I still stuck by them, while the rest of the people in our city followed our local rivals, just 'cause they were winning all the time. It's too easy to support a team that always wins, there's no real sense of passion and pride, plus you don't appreciate the good times as much.

dean

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

Meh, my football team is going to be bottom of the ladder again for the second time in a row, and in the bottom 8 for what feels like ten years [though is more accurately probably 8 but hey who's counting]

I still stand by them, but boy is it hard.

So much so I'm not going to any games but hey I've got better things to do with my time!

At least I have a cricket team that isn't half bad, and with the ashes coming up I should at least have something to shout at the Brit's about!  TeddyR

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »

Yeah, I lived in the Philly area for about 4 or 5 years, they are really obsessed.  Especially with the "Iggles."     
Obsessed doesn't even COVER how the Philly fans are.  We live and breathe by the sports teams.  This year is a bit different, as there seems to be more support for the Phillies, since they won the series. 

But almost EVERYONE who lives here doesn't have at least one piece of Eagles merchandise in their closet, whether it be a shirt, jersey, jacket, etc.  They're THE team, despite their shoddy history.  And I gotta give the city credit, cause they still love them, despite not having won a championship in so long.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ChuckSplatt
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 12:31:07 AM »

Thankyou!  BounceGiggle

My football club got relegated 3 times and I still stuck by them, while the rest of the people in our city followed our local rivals, just 'cause they were winning all the time. It's too easy to support a team that always wins, there's no real sense of passion and pride, plus you don't appreciate the good times as much.

'Spoken (typed) as a REAL TRUE fan...

A good friend at my former job wore his 49ers jacket in winter for years, even though that team is down and rebuilding now. That's a true sign of a REAL fan, in my book.

It's something I cannot do, so I leave it all to the real fans who do it well.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »

Well Man City lost again, in Pretoria actually. Yes, Trevor's town!  TeddyR

The Vodacom challenge cup, a friendly pre-season tournament against the Kaiser Chiefs. Not really important or meaningful, but still.  Lookingup

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Don't you just hate it when your team loses? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.