Main Menu

Name That Video Game.

Started by venomx, August 01, 2009, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mofo Rising

Alright! I knew my Williams S. Burroughs fascination would come in handy one day.

This next one is one of the very first computer games I ever remember playing, which means this game is over two decades old.

I think it's going to be difficult, but this thread has proved that assumption wrong time and time again. I'll post more hints if it looks like nobody is close.

Bonus Point: Which company released this "game"?
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

Cthulhu

Mofo Rising

Well, holy crap. I mistakenly thought that would be tough. Gertrude's Secrets it is. I played this game back on an Apple IIe when computers were a new thing in my school. I barely remember this game, since I was still in elementary school at the time. Cthulhu blew it out of the water.

Mofo Rising-11, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-16, Circus_Circus-7, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-6, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1

Cthulhu, next up.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.

InformationGeek

Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 14, 2009, 12:46:53 AM
Alright! I knew my Williams S. Burroughs fascination would come in handy one day.

This next one is one of the very first computer games I ever remember playing, which means this game is over two decades old.

I think it's going to be difficult, but this thread has proved that assumption wrong time and time again. I'll post more hints if it looks like nobody is close.

Bonus Point: Which company released this "game"?

Wait a minute!  We didn't get answer for the bonus point!  The company that made this game was The Learning Company!  Made some of my favorite games growing up, like Gizmoes & Gadgets.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Mofo Rising

Quote from: InformationGeek on August 14, 2009, 08:20:26 AM
Wait a minute!  We didn't get answer for the bonus point!  The company that made this game was The Learning Company!  Made some of my favorite games growing up, like Gizmoes & Gadgets.

Also correct.

Mofo Rising-11, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-16, Circus_Circus-7, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-8, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1

Cthulhu

Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 14, 2009, 03:06:47 AM
Well, holy crap. I mistakenly thought that would be tough. Gertrude's Secrets it is. I played this game back on an Apple IIe when computers were a new thing in my school. I barely remember this game, since I was still in elementary school at the time. Cthulhu blew it out of the water.

Mofo Rising-11, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-16, Circus_Circus-7, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-6, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1

Cthulhu, next up.
We'll, you know how it is. Evil will find a way. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. :teddyr:
Sorry It took me so long to get a picture, but I felt like s**t all day, and it kinda slipped out of my mind...

InformationGeek

Quote from: Cthulhu on August 14, 2009, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: Mofo Rising on August 14, 2009, 03:06:47 AM

Cthulhu, next up.
We'll, you know how it is. Evil will find a way. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. :teddyr:
Sorry It took me so long to get a picture, but I felt like s**t all day, and it kinda slipped out of my mind...

That is Clive Barker's Undying.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Cthulhu

Correct!
Mofo Rising-11, Cthulhu-17, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-16, Circus_Circus-7, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-7, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1

InformationGeek

Hint: Game came out in the last 9 years and is known for very bad A.I. in the enemies.

Bonus: What companies created/published the game?

Cthulhu

Damn, I know this one...but what's it's name?

venomx

Counter-Strike 1.0 or Desert Combat?

InformationGeek

Quote from: Venomx on August 14, 2009, 06:11:41 PM
1st Counter-Strike?

Nope!  This game isn't nearly that good.

If no one can figure it out today, I'll post another photo and another hint tommorrow.

Cthulhu

Probably not, but is it Navy SEALs?

venomx

I just looked it up ... I'm sure thats it.

InformationGeek

Quote from: Cthulhu on August 14, 2009, 06:25:25 PM
Probably not, but is it Navy SEALs?

That is correct.  You're up.

Mofo Rising-11, Cthulhu-18, Rev. Powell-1, Venomx-16, Circus_Circus-7, doggett-2, Jim H-2, InformationGeek-7, AndyC-2, BTM-3, DarkSider-1