Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:06:53 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Married With Children « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Married With Children  (Read 12676 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: September 05, 2009, 08:17:26 PM »

I used to love this show and still do.  I was watching a marathon today and luckily caught some great episodes.  There was the one where Marcy was having orgasms while making speeches and the one where death visits Al on Halloween. 
My all time fav, which I didn't catch today, was the supermarket sweep competition between Al and Marcy. 

What are some of your fav episodes if any?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »

The episode were Al gets his high school football field named after him, good to see something nice happen too him.

*fun fact, they made a XXX spoof of the show recently.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:48:50 AM by SkullBat308 » Logged

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:22:41 AM »

I recall my psychology teacher complaining in class how the show gave negative connotations to marriage and family life.  I think its highly accurate actually.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:59:10 AM »

Intresting one this, I used to watch the repeats on ITV4 and I hated it. I watched it for ironic reasons, I cringe at most of the "jokes". Katy Sagel's hot though...love her hair !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »

I absolutely love that show!  I've got season 4 on DVD, I think Kelly was the hottest in seasons 4 & 5.  My favorite episode, coincidentally, is the Labor Day barbecue ep.  Al's making speeches about how the men work and the women do nothing, and Marcy's aunt has died and her ashes wind up in the grill.  Steve is so sick of listening to how great the aunt was that he takes a huge bite out of his burger  TeddyR  I also love the one where the roof is leaking and Al is up there fixing it.  He falls off the roof numerous times, gets tangled up in the TV cable and is hanging in midair, as everyone ignores him.  The Christmas episode where the mall has Santa parachuting from an airplane, but the chute doesn't open and he falls to his death in the Bundy backyard is another favorite.  And Al and Jefferson trying to build a Black and Decker Workmate was hilarious as well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:15:39 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »

I used to watch "Married With Children" religiously years ago. I loved every episode. I can understand why alot of people don't like it, but its charm is in its blatant sexism and toilet humour. MWC knew it was a knuckleheaded show and the Al Bundy character cracks me up all the time, he's my idol - I'm sure never having kids or getting married.
My favourite episodes were "No Ma'am", "Nightmare On Al's Street" and "The Dateless Amigo". I also really like the episodes with King Kong Bundy, Doug Donatelli and Anthrax. It was a good show, but I'm glad it ended when it did, as I don't think it would've worked well in the 00s and would've gone stale fast.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:30:13 AM »

It was a good show, but I'm glad it ended when it did, as I don't think it would've worked well in the 00s and would've gone stale fast.

The one good thing of the show, for me at least, was the certain charm of it's late 80's early 90's feel.

I really hated how over the top the audience was, though. I spent a lot of episodes with the sound off and just looking at the subtitles, can't stand all that over the top clapping and cheering. It's like panto for adults. Surely I can't be the only one thinking that ? The audience must have been very easily pleased ! They would probably have a heart attack if they ever saw an early episode of Red Dwarf !!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:59:55 AM »

Let us not forget the great Sam Kinison's appearance as an angel during Christmas.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:02:25 AM »

Small | Large

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 03:09:19 AM »

One of the running gags I liked how everyone thought that Jefferson didn't have a job but he was a secret agent. Like that two part epsiode were they go to D.C. and hes get them into to see congress,or where Als car breaks down and can't get the engine in the States and Jefferson gets it from Castro or when Al suspect him being a spy and keeps telling him to say all the presidents and all Al says is "Dwight D Eisenhower".

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »

I was watching it early this morning on TBS. I remember watching this show regularly when it was on the air and loved it. One of my favorite episodes is where the Bundys go to England and you find out there is a curse on all the Bundy males. I also like the re-occouring joke about A's favorite show, "Psycho Dad". another good episode was when Jerry Springer guest starred and was taken hostage by No Ma'am on the set of his "show". Also the episode where Al starts a drunken riot because of a two cent beer tax hike.(saw that one again thsi morning)but my all time favorite has to be when aliens come to take Al's socks. It turns out that Al was the savior of the universe because his vile smelling socks fueled the weapon to stop a deadly monster asteroid that was destine to destory many worlds including Earth.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
voltron

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »

"The guy who met Andy Griffiths!"  BounceGiggle

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »

I like the one where Al has a near death experience and thinks he sees God's shoes and goes on to invent them.  Another one that came to mind today is the one where Bud sleeps with his rather large cousin's fiance and is afraid he'll get killed when he finds out. 

DarkSider's Realm

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »

I recall my psychology teacher complaining in class how the show gave negative connotations to marriage and family life.  I think its highly accurate actually.   BounceGiggle

Your teacher is either high or a lousy psychologist. Shows like Full House are more damaging, in that they present an unrealistic ideal, leaving family members feeling messed up or that something is wrong. By comparison, watching Married with Children or the Simpsons not only provide characters with which the audience can relate, but also leaves viewers with the feeling that their own lives arent that bad after all.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Jim H

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 02:35:42 AM »

I don't remember the whole episode too well, but the ending of the episode where they get conned into buying a Fool's Gold mine has such a great ending.  I tend to like the episodes best where the Bundy's end up "winning", especially Al. 

He's a douche, but he's my kind of douche.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Married With Children « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.