Main Menu

Amazon is ticking me off

Started by 3mnkids, September 25, 2009, 03:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3mnkids

I ordered a dvd and when I received I tried to leave feedback but couldn't find the order in my account. So I went in my email to look for the order confirmation email and found an email saying the order had been canceled. uh, then why did I receive it?

So I checked my account and the money was back, I have called Amazon twice now telling them that I did receive the movie and the seller needed to be paid. They keep reassuring me that the seller will get paid but it hasn't happened yet.

I emailed the seller as well but haven't heard back and its been a few weeks. what am I supposed to do? I cant even watch the damn movie because it feels like I stole it.   :bluesad:

I order on average 4 movies a month from Amazon and have never had a problem before. I dont know what to do. Any advice?
There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations

ghouck

Stop feeling guilty and watch it. INTENT, your INTENT is/was to purchase it, and it WILL get straightened out, but in the meantime, watch it. There comes a point where you've done everything you can, and need to move on. If a year goes by and it doesn't get straightened out, drop the money you intended to spend on it on the plate of your favorite charity and enjoy a clear conscious.

Just a helpful tip from your Uncle Greg. . .
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution

Jack

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

3mnkids

Quote from: ghouck on September 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM
Stop feeling guilty and watch it. INTENT, your INTENT is/was to purchase it, and it WILL get straightened out, but in the meantime, watch it. There comes a point where you've done everything you can, and need to move on. If a year goes by and it doesn't get straightened out, drop the money you intended to spend on it on the plate of your favorite charity and enjoy a clear conscious.

Thanks. Thats what I will do. Im going to try and stop worrying about it.

Quote from: Jack on September 25, 2009, 05:22:42 PM

:teddyr: ah, that brings back memories.
There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations

Rev. Powell

Quote from: 3mnkids on September 25, 2009, 05:36:40 PM
Quote from: ghouck on September 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM

Thanks. Thats what I will do. Im going to try and stop worrying about it.

Absolutely.  You've done your part, it's between Amazon and the third party seller now.

Agreement from your other Uncle Greg.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Psycho Circus

Javakoala

But you've overlooked the important issue here:

WHAT WAS THE MOVIE?????

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

lester1/2jr

The Burgomaster

I've never understood the popularity of Amazon.  I don't think I've used that site more tha 1 or 2 times in my life.  But I wouldn't feel guilty.  It sounds like you did everything right and Amazon screwed up.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Rev. Powell

Quote from: The Burgomaster on September 26, 2009, 03:11:40 PM
I've never understood the popularity of Amazon.  I don't think I've used that site more tha 1 or 2 times in my life.  But I wouldn't feel guilty.  It sounds like you did everything right and Amazon screwed up.

No big secret: it's dependable, convenient and has a huge selection and pretty competitive prices.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

The Burgomaster

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 27, 2009, 04:45:04 PM

No big secret: it's dependable, convenient and has a huge selection and pretty competitive prices.

The DVD prices are outrageous!
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

ghouck

They've had a few things much cheaper than other places. I saved over 1/3 on a subwoofer for my car.
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution

Pilgermann

I love Amazon!  I don't actually order from them too often but it helps me out when I'm price hunting, looking for new movies or music, and I have an awful obsession with adding things to my wishlist (I have close to 2000 items on it, now...).

Psycho Circus

Quote from: Pilgermann on September 28, 2009, 11:43:33 AM

I love Amazon!  I don't actually order from them too often but it helps me out when I'm price hunting, looking for new movies or music, and I have an awful obsession with adding things to my wishlist (I have close to 2000 items on it, now...).

Me too. I've tried Play.com and CDbaby, but they never have anything that I'm looking for. All Amazons marketplace sellers seem to have all the obscure 80s metal records I'm after and trashy b-movies too. They're all in great condition at cheap prices and extremely reasonable P&P.  :smile:

3mnkids

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Quote from: Javakoala on September 26, 2009, 10:49:35 AM
But you've overlooked the important issue here:

WHAT WAS THE MOVIE?????

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

:smile:  Diary(Mon seung)

I go there so often to buy dvds because I get Amazon money free. I average $15-20 a month. I dont mind buying used and can get dvds really cheap.