Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:05:54 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  $47,221 lunch (for 6 people) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: $47,221 lunch (for 6 people)  (Read 9139 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 12, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

I will never again believe it when someone tells me the recession is hitting the well to do as much as main street.  this isn't to bellyache about rich people.  After all, look at the tip the waiter/tress got!

http://bit.ly/1aIJUZ

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:12 PM »

I seriously have to wonder about a place that charges someone $12 for water and $27 for cappachino. Granted I seriously have to wonder about someone who pays that much for either as well. Seriously, for what they paid just for water, expresso, and cappachino alone, they could of bought a machine somewhere and made all they wanted at home or had their servants make it for them at least.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »

And somewhere along the way, I'm sure federal stimulus money was used to pay this bill.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

he is a russian billionaire of some sort. probably an oil guy
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »

I seriously have to wonder about a place that charges someone $12 for water

Actually, $9 - $12 for a bottle of water is not unusual for many of the better restaurants in Boston.  I'm sure it's the same in New York.  It's the $35,000 they spent on wine and/or champagne that mystifies me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »

it looks like they bought 7 bottles.  for 6 people?
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »

Actually, $9 - $12 for a bottle of water is not unusual for many of the better restaurants in Boston.  I'm sure it's the same in New York.  It's the $35,000 they spent on wine and/or champagne that mystifies me.
Ouch! Here in Alabama, we would never pay that much for a bottle of water. Whiel I am sure Boston has to be a great city, personally I would hate to live in a town where things cost that much. Granted I never understood why items cost up to 5 times as much in large cities like Boston, LA, or NYC compared to where I live. I swear you guys are getting royally screwed.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 04:23:09 PM »

water doesn't cost that much in boston!

these are extremely high end resteraunts that virtually none of us ever see the inside of
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »

Buggedout Buggedout What The F+u+c+k ? Buggedout Buggedout

yeah no.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »

This is the kinda guy you want to invite you over for lunch.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:45:41 AM »

I will never again believe it when someone tells me the recession is hitting the well to do as much as main street.  this isn't to bellyache about rich people.  After all, look at the tip the waiter/tress got!

http://bit.ly/1aIJUZ

jeez, why can't my massage clients tip like that??

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
The Burgomaster

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 08:15:41 AM »

Ouch! Here in Alabama, we would never pay that much for a bottle of water. Whiel I am sure Boston has to be a great city, personally I would hate to live in a town where things cost that much. Granted I never understood why items cost up to 5 times as much in large cities like Boston, LA, or NYC compared to where I live. I swear you guys are getting royally screwed.

Well, most "main stream" restaurants don't charge that much.  It's mostly the high-end steakhouses and gourmet restaurants who charge outrageous prices.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »

paula -  does your establishment have an automatic 20% gratuity for 6 or more  TeddyR
The Burgomaster

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »

paula -  does your establishment have an automatic 20% gratuity for 6 or more  TeddyR

Whenever I receive a restaurant bill with the tip automatically added on, I make sure to say (very loudly), "Too bad they already added the tip . . . I was planning to give more."

paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

please, i can handle up to 12 without breaking a sweat, challenge me.

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  $47,221 lunch (for 6 people) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.