Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:24 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Worst final episode « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Worst final episode  (Read 21768 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »

The ending of battlestar galactica ruined the most epic SF series ever. I mean, we struggle to get to earth and keep out culture, then that idiot lee adama decided "Oh, let's throw away everything and live like happy savages even tho none of us really has the skills to live without technology. Let's go starve, die of things like abscessed teeth and appendicitis because our technology is evil and we need to get spiritual again."

UGH! I'd have personally shot that stupid SOB  and wish baltar did.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »

For me it's a toss up between Seinfeld and The Sopranos although I think I lean a little more to the Sopranos because there was more of a build up to the final episode.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
ChaosTheory

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Roseanne's finale was pretty awful, in fact the whole last season was pretty awful.
I'll echo the disappointment for Seinfeld's ending, and of course the notorious St. Elsewhere ending.

I enjoy Corner Gas, but I don't think I ever saw the finale.  Sounds like that's just as well.

I'll put Newsradio's finale out there, the second-to-last ep would have worked better as an ending.

And, not a terrible episode in and of itself, but Twin Peaks ended on a massive cliffhanger that would never be resolved.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »

"Dinosaurs" had a bad ending, a comedy series should not have ended that sadly.

"Alf" left us on a cliffhanger that took years to resolve, thanks to whoever canceled it.

I loved "Duckman" but hated the deliberate cliffhanger ending.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »

The Silver Surfer cartoon ended with the hero dead and the villain conquering the universe.  It was supposed to the the cliffhanger that led into season 2, only there never was a season 2.  oops.  

The live action Mortal Kombat show ended in a simalr way. Heroes dead, bad guys winning and supposed to be resolved in the next season that never came.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:27:05 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »

The Silver Surfer cartoon ended with the hero dead and the villain conquering the universe.  It was supposed to the the cliffhanger that led into season 2, only there never was a season 2.  oops.  

The live action Mortal Kombat show ended in a simalr way. Heroes dead, bad guys winning and supposed to be resolved in the next season that never came.

I got a kick out of Sledge Hammer! deliberately setting up a cliffhanger like that when they weren't sure they'd be renewed for a second season. And they never did resolve it, just set the second season two years earlier. Brilliant.
Small | Large

Wow, that really was the 80s. I'd forgotten just how much pastel pink and blue there was. And neon.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 07:25:22 PM »

NBC's Heroes. So much potential and they let this series go to crap. Not even an attempt at an ending. LAME!

judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »

I got a kick out of Sledge Hammer! deliberately setting up a cliffhanger like that when they weren't sure they'd be renewed for a second season. And they never did resolve it, just set the second season two years earlier. Brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoU7urNTbI&feature=related
Wow, that really was the 80s. I'd forgotten just how much pastel pink and blue there was. And neon.

Yeah, and I think that prop they were using for the nuke was one of Dolly Parton's old bra cups...
Raffine

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:28 AM »

A bit off topic, but I wonder what the first show was to have a 'final episode'?

Most series from the 50's - 70's just sorta petered out and got cancelled, with no real effort for a final episode.

I wonder what kind of final episode I Love Lucy, Star Trek, Bewitched, Perry Mason, The Beverly Hillbillies, etc. could have offered...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:09:40 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »

A bit off topic, but I wonder what the first show was to have a 'final episode'?

Most series from the 50's - 70's just sorta petered out and got cancelled, with no real effort for a final episode.

I wonder what kind of final episode I Love Lucy, Star Trek, Bewitched, Perry Mason, The Beverly Hillbillies, etc. could have offered...
Not always, "Leave It To Beaver" had a review show for its final episode...  
Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:35:06 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BTM

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2010, 09:18:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoU7urNTbI&feature=related

Whoa, I'd never even heard of this show, but after watching this and some other Youtube clips I went and added it to my Netflix queue!  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »

I believe Seinfeld is the worst last episode I ever saw ... by a long, longshot.
I agree with that.  The second one for me was My Name is Earl.  What a let down.   Thumbdown
Nobody gets it; it's brilliant, but, it's not popular. 

forgot the name, but this man gets shot, but turns out to be a dream. WTF?!
Yeh, that'd be "Dallas" and it wasn't the last episode.   Lookingup 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 04:12:29 PM »

Married with Children had a 2 part season finale involving Kelly's wedding and what happens. I really liked the ending actually. Al finds out Kelly's fiance has been hiting around on the other women and is a womanizer. Kelly realizes this. Al punches the fiance in the face.

Mortal Kombat - The show's finale made perfect sense to me as all the good guys died. That's how it happened through the lore of the first Mortal Kombat game. By the time of the first MK game Mortal Kombat was already in the 10th tournament with the good guys losing and dying the previous 9 times.

John Hancock
Sitting Duck
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »

The ending of battlestar galactica ruined the most epic SF series ever. I mean, we struggle to get to earth and keep out culture, then that idiot lee adama decided "Oh, let's throw away everything and live like happy savages even tho none of us really has the skills to live without technology. Let's go starve, die of things like abscessed teeth and appendicitis because our technology is evil and we need to get spiritual again."

UGH! I'd have personally shot that stupid SOB  and wish baltar did.

That particular trope seems to have been cropping up an awful lot lately. What makes it all especially hypocritical is that the people who write these would never actually do this sort of thing themselves.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Worst final episode « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.