Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:44:24 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Kid/s gets sucked in a world inside the TV through a magic videotape. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kid/s gets sucked in a world inside the TV through a magic videotape.  (Read 8342 times)
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« on: May 16, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »

I saw this when I was pretty young, so I remember the outline, but only a few details of it. People usually think I'm talking about the Arnie movie Last Action Hero, but I'm not. That had a kid getting sucked into a movie world via a magic cinema ticket.

In this film, a boy, and I think his sister also, are sucked into their TV because of a magic videotape. What I remember specifically, is that the world inside the TV was desert-like, or at least that was one of the main areas in the movie. There was some kind of crazy madman who was a leader in the movie too, if I'm remembering right. The movie was a comedy, but slightly dark.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and it was a dream I had, but I'm sure it's a movie. Hope the outline and those few details are enough to ring some bells. It's probably pretty obscure.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »

Sounds like Stay Tuned, but in that movie the parents are sucked into the TV. The kids end up there eventually.

I also remember a movie from the '80s with an evil television on the cover (not Terrorivision), but can't remember the title for the life of me.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »

BAD CHANNELS?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
badmovie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:39:29 PM »

I think it is "Andy Colby's Incredibly Awesome Adventure", it is animated, but the plot fits. You can find more information about this on the all-movie film.

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I cannot think of anything else. There is a brother and sister who are sucked into a television set in "Pleasantville", but that is a drama-comedy, not a horror film. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:02:47 PM »

I think it is "Andy Colby's Incredibly Awesome Adventure", it is animated, but the plot fits. You can find more information about this on the all-movie film.

Thanks.

I think it might be that actually. It sounds like it from descriptions. I can't find any clips on Youtube to confirm though.

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 09:06:52 AM »

Original Poster "Intangible Skeleton" provides about as much of a confirmation of satisfaction per the solution as we can likely expect...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »

Original Poster "Intangible Skeleton" provides about as much of a confirmation of satisfaction per the solution as we can likely expect...

Well, I can assure you after 11 years, it's not keeping us up nights. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 05:45:22 AM »

It WAS Andy Colby's Incredibly Awesome Adventure. Years later when some clips appeared on Youtube, I found them and was able to confirm that poster "badmovie" had it right. Finally the mystery is solved and all can rest eternal!

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 04:33:45 PM »

It WAS Andy Colby's Incredibly Awesome Adventure. Years later when some clips appeared on Youtube, I found them and was able to confirm that poster "badmovie" had it right. Finally the mystery is solved and all can rest eternal!

Lol! Well I for one WILL sleep easier!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 08:06:41 PM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Kid/s gets sucked in a world inside the TV through a magic videotape. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.