Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:08 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TRUE BLOOD - SEASON 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUE BLOOD - SEASON 2  (Read 5068 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 07, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

OK, being fascinated with a number of premium cable series, but being too cheap to actually spring for HBO or SHOWTIME, I am reduced to waiting until a series is released on DVD, then watching the entire season in a week or so.  I saw the pilot episode of TRUE BLOOD on a "Freeview Weekend" and loved it, so I watched the entire first season when it came out last year.  It is a very addictive show, with fangs, boobs, and plot twists aplenty!  I waited patiently all winter for Season 2 (after seeing ONE episode on a similar Freeview Weekend), and having soaked it all in over the last week or so, all I can say is "What a Ride!!!"  Shapeshifters, vampires, manads, religious fanatics, small town prejudices, and a perky, telepathic blonde waitress make for an irresistible combination.

If you've never watched any of these . . . there's two seasons out on DVD now.  Go for it!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:36:38 PM »

I don't love True Blood, but it beats the hell out of Twilight by a long shot. My wife really likes it, and she also like Twilight, but she has to go see those movies on her own. I can't stand them.

During a time when I'm really fed up with the vampire genre, True Blood is decently watchable, mainly because of good character development and it's decently acted, unlike (he says again) the Twilight crap. I badly want to slap every single actor/character.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »

I caught the first episode on a free preview as well.  It seemed pretty interesting.  One of these days I'll have to check out the rest of the series. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:20:13 AM »

In the past couple weeks, I watched both seasons.  I saw the pilot like a year ago, and wasn't too impressed, but I think the show steadily improved (big jumps in quality in the first 3 or 4 episodes in particular) all the way up to the end of the second season.  It's not FANTASTIC (though I'm not a fan of the heavy drama of it, Alan Ball's previous show Six Feet Under was one of the best shows I've seen, so I have to compare True Blood to it), but I found it quite enjoyable. 
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »

I am completely in love with this show.  I bought Season 2 here while it was on special and will be buying Season 1 in the coming weeks.  It ticks me off how expensive everything is downunda but that's what Amazon.com is for  Smile

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
hszv
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »

Season 3 is on the air .
true blood is a very good series .

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »

I don't know if I'd call myself a huge fan, but I've been enjoying it. Surprising since I've had a disdain for the vampire genre for several years now. James Frain has been the standout character this season. His character is so quirky. I had no idea James Frain could be funny.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »

I'm a fanatic when it comes to True Blood.  I was hesitant about watching it at first, but it sucked me in.  Unlike the Twilight films and such, True Blood is not geared directly towards women.  Sure there are relationships and such, but the show focuses on violence, sex and vampire politics more than anything.  I love the plot twists, I love the absolute wit of the show, and I love seeing Anna Paquin naked.  I watch the show every week.  Absolutely addictive and a ton of fun

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

Watched seasons 1 and 3. Watching through season 2 right now on netflix. Really great show. Love me some Jason Stackhouse and Erik.

I'm kind of interested in seeing where they go with season 4 because of what happens in the books.

John Hancock
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

Yeah, this show is pretty good, but I like the series of books it is based on much more. But books are usually always better than movies/series  Twirling

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TRUE BLOOD - SEASON 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.