Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:04 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Blue Demon « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Blue Demon  (Read 25967 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 20, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »

Scientists create great white sharks that obey basic FORTRAN commands, such as GOTO, EAT, and NO EAT.  Of course, the sharks escape and get stuck in EAT mode.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:32:46 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:10:54 AM »

I got this movie at a local video rental store that was going out of business.  I haven't seen it yet, but now I have some bad feelings about this now.  The fact that there doesn't sound like a lot of shark kills (Despite this being a shark movie) is very disappointing and the fact that a guy survived a nuclear blast up close baffles me.  Only Superman can do that.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »

34 mins - I haven't been this excited since the time I fell asleep watching C-SPAN reruns.

BounceGiggle

Also, is it just me or did the shark in the video clip have a horizontal tail fin?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:27:45 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great review Andrew; you're in top form with this one! Love the early line about the college students breaking into the secret lab:

Oh, bother. Why doesn't anybody ever send in the clowns? I'd love to see a bunch of clowns sneaking into a government laboratory and releasing some sort of space monster that NASA found on the moon.

I would PAY to see a movie like that made!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »

A box truck can out-accelerate a Saab 900

well, at least it's good to know that a vague box truck (Chevy, Ford?) can out-accelerate a Saab 900. really, these people should have done some more research before filming.

yeah no.
Bigmac
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »

Oh, damn it all.  I saw the picture with the craptastic shark and just had to put this on my Netflix queue.  And your review didn't help any.

Looks like another wasted evening on a spectacularly bad movie.  Which really isn't a bad thing.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 07:45:07 AM »

A box truck can out-accelerate a Saab 900

well, at least it's good to know that a vague box truck (Chevy, Ford?) can out-accelerate a Saab 900. really, these people should have done some more research before filming.

I cannot say that the make of the truck matters.  That box truck out-accelerating the Saab, (uphill, none-the-less) is really ridiculous.

Also, is it just me or did the shark in the video clip have a horizontal tail fin?

It might be due to them making the shark look like it was twisting.  In the movie's defense, the sharks actually seem to move better than some of the fish in "Deep Blue Sea."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great review Andrew; you're in top form with this one! Love the early line about the college students breaking into the secret lab:

Oh, bother. Why doesn't anybody ever send in the clowns? I'd love to see a bunch of clowns sneaking into a government laboratory and releasing some sort of space monster that NASA found on the moon.

I would PAY to see a movie like that made!

Don't say that too loud, the guys from the Unified Film Organization are probably going to read this review and your comment, and the result is not going to be pretty.

Oh, damn it all.  I saw the picture with the craptastic shark and just had to put this on my Netflix queue.  And your review didn't help any.

Looks like another wasted evening on a spectacularly bad movie.  Which really isn't a bad thing.

This could make for an enjoyable evening if viewed with some friends who like bad movies.  The film will naturally become the target for insults and jokes, so just maybe it would work.  However, the most likely result is that it will run everybody out of your living room and into the kitchen (or some other room that is far from the TV).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
cavalier
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »

How could nobody comment on the name "General Remora?"  Is it just too obvious?  It's like they don't want you to take the movie seriously.  Then again, judging by the screen shots and quotes, they ended up with a comedy/horror film.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »

How could nobody comment on the name "General Remora?"  Is it just too obvious?  It's like they don't want you to take the movie seriously.  Then again, judging by the screen shots and quotes, they ended up with a comedy/horror film.

I probably should have made some comment about his name, but the character is so lampooned that it is impossible to take him (and thus, the movie) seriously.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott M.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »

So.. pretty much the picture on the bottom right in the "Images" section sums up the movie nicely.  BounceGiggle
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »

So.. pretty much the picture on the bottom right in the "Images" section sums up the movie nicely.  BounceGiggle

At the very least, it captures the average viewer's reaction.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott M.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »

That picture should be the poster for this site !  TeddyR
Greenhornet
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »

(More) Things I Learned From This Movie:
Evolution involves putting computer chips in brains.

I can just imagine Darwin's ghost beating these "scientists" over the heads with copys of The Origin Of The Species" and shouting "EVOLUTION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!" Hatred
Blacklight
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:56 PM »

Evolution involves putting computer chips in brains.

In Virginia, there was a senator who tried to push a bill through their committee to prevent microchips being implanted into people because it would cause everything in the book of Revelations to happen ((I'm not making this up either.  That's the sad thing)).

I think the highlight of the testimony was when some woman testified before the committee that she had a microchip implanted in her against her will.  They asked her who did it and she replied, "The Department of Defense !!!"

Thankfully, the bill flopped after that testimony and we're free to continue evolving !  TeddyR
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »

There are cliches and then there are anti-cliches.

The first co-ed, the little girl, and the young couple are cliched shark bait. That they escaped being shark bait is an effective use of working against the cliche.

Less effective is the attempt of the film to apparently try to be a comedy. While we know that comedies are one of the hardest film generas to do effectively. This appears to be one of the more ineffective attempts to be a comedy out there. Enjoyed reading the review nevertheless.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Blue Demon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.