Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:53:11 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Film about MAN-EATING RECLINER??....(seriously, I'm not joking) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Film about MAN-EATING RECLINER??....(seriously, I'm not joking)  (Read 62290 times)
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 27, 2011, 04:19:55 PM »

If the thread title is not self-explanatory enough. I remember a film when I was a kid back in the 80's that was either made made in the early 80's or the late 70's that starred (get this)....A BEIGE-COLORED, CARNIVOROUS, MAN-EATING BARCA-LOUNGER!!

At the tender age of 7, it made me afraid of the family recliner for years!!!

Any help would be appreciated, please let me know that I haven't lost my mind and that this low-budget, horror disaster exists and has a name.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »

Could it have possibly been a tv show?  Sounds kinda like the "Pillow Talk" episode from the first season of 'Monsters'.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

Could it have possibly been a tv show?  Sounds kinda like the "Pillow Talk" episode from the first season of 'Monsters'.

Nope, I'm quite certain this stinker was a motion picture event.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »

Event would definitely be the ONLY word for a movie about a man-eating chair!  Sorry - that was all I could come up with, but I'll keep an eye out...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »

Event would definitely be the ONLY word for a movie about a man-eating chair!  Sorry - that was all I could come up with, but I'll keep an eye out...

LOL, thanks!!!
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

Also, I just watched the first 10 minutes of this Monsters episode and this is DEFINITELY not it. Funny though, a bed that feeds on pretty girls...he,he,he!!!
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:02 AM »

Oh shoot - you're right!  It was a BED in that one.  It's been so long since I've seen it that for some reason I had it in my head that it was a chair of some kind...

Funny though, a bed that feeds on pretty girls...he,he,he!!!
I'm pretty sure I owned that bed when I was in college - the women were there when I went to sleep, but gone when I woke up in the morning.  The only possible explanation that I can think of is that the bed ate them.

double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »

Well there was a recently released film from the late 70's that was barely officially released 30 years later called Death Bed The Bed That Eats(1977).You said it was a recliner though so maybe google other related titles from this film and maybe your title will pop up.
darius
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »

Beware The Blob 1972
Has one scene where a man gets up to adjust his TV, and the blob occupies his recliner while he is up, he backs up and sits down again and is thereby consumed.
If you saw only that scene a long time ago you might remember it as a man-eating recliner.
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 06:21:20 AM »

I wrote a story about an armchair that ate people when I was at school, in the mid 80's.  Obviously my idea was not original!  Or maybe I was influenced by that same movie, which faded into the vagaries of memory thereafter.  Who knows...

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
burf
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »

I HAVE THE SAME MEMORY!  I got here because I was doing a search for man eating recliner.  I have never been able to figure out what I saw on TV at the tender age of 5 but I know it gave me nightmares.  For some reason I thought it was on the Carol Burnett show or something, but the memory is the same as yours.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

Seeing as recliners are where many old lazy people go to die, this is not all that far-fetched.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
synthetictruism
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

I saw the title of the thread and thought for a second I knew it - it was something I had been looking for a copy of, but in the post you mentioned 70s/80s so it can't be what I'm thinking of...

Back when Blair Witch Project was released for rental on VHS in the UK, before the film there was a short about a couch that consumes its owner... I think it had won some kind of short-film award, hence its inclusion on the tape...
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »

Hey Synthetictruism -  You're thinking of HORSEHAIR. You can watch it again here:
Small | Large
It was made in '98.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:58 PM »

In terms of American Jedi's original post. Perhaps it was this:

Small | Large
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Film about MAN-EATING RECLINER??....(seriously, I'm not joking) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.