Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt is falling « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Egypt is falling  (Read 53931 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 07:43:55 AM »

So an Australian journalist was dragged away by the police, eventually released but roughed up a little, for no good reason, by the police.  All for filming 'without a permit' even though they've never needed one before.  And another got shot by a sniper, allegedly. 

No good.  With police like that no wonder things are so crazy over there.

Anyways, on a lighter note, I saw this and found it funny:

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »

Overthrowing the government always sounds like such a great idea, until you realize that then you have to set up a new government.  History shows that the results tend to be unpredictable.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »

A people's uprising against empire

"A young generation has managed to shrug off an oppressive regime akin to those who revolted against the Soviet-bloc."
Couchtr26

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »

Overthrowing the government always sounds like such a great idea, until you realize that then you have to set up a new government.  History shows that the results tend to be unpredictable.

That is where many things fall apart.  Most revolutions follow the French Revolution more closely then American.  Not saying it (the American Revolution) is better, just less violent.  There also tend to be witch hunts for those who are pro the former government or not into the new group enough. 

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »

That is where many things fall apart.  Most revolutions follow the French Revolution more closely then American.  Not saying it (the American Revolution) is better, just less violent.  There also tend to be witch hunts for those who are pro the former government or not into the new group enough. 

Very true.  Once a government falls, it's easy to say "we're going to do this" and "were going to do that" and in reality, you have to mostly deal with the immediate will of the people who want THEIR satisfaction., and want it now. 

If it weren't for the human trait of instant gratification, transitions might be smoother. But try to satisfy a million-or-so people on the spur of the moment and you suddenly realize that things don't look that good...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »

I will say the American Revolution was better!  I'll trumpet it from the rooftops!
What did the French Revolution produce?  A Reign of Terror, followed by a dictatorship, followed by an emperor followed by a restored monarchy, followed by a reformed monarchy, followed by another revolution, followed by a dictatorship, then ANOTHER emperor . . .

What did the American Revolution produce?  The most stable Republic in the history of the world, flawed in places, true, but with a remarkable capacity for self-correction, usually (but not always) by peaceable means.  A Constitution that is the model for self-governed nations the world over.  An economy strong enough to rescue Europe from self-destruction twice in the same century.  I am tired of academics and other whiners who want to blame America for all the world's troubles.  For all our faults and failings, the world has become a better place since the establishment of the United States, and America's efforts have had a great deal to do with that.  I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THAT LOVE!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

I hope they stay out in the streets and don't accept this bs compromise.
Couchtr26

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:21 PM »

I will say the American Revolution was better!  I'll trumpet it from the rooftops!
What did the French Revolution produce?  A Reign of Terror, followed by a dictatorship, followed by an emperor followed by a restored monarchy, followed by a reformed monarchy, followed by another revolution, followed by a dictatorship, then ANOTHER emperor . . .

What did the American Revolution produce?  The most stable Republic in the history of the world, flawed in places, true, but with a remarkable capacity for self-correction, usually (but not always) by peaceable means.  A Constitution that is the model for self-governed nations the world over.  An economy strong enough to rescue Europe from self-destruction twice in the same century.  I am tired of academics and other whiners who want to blame America for all the world's troubles.  For all our faults and failings, the world has become a better place since the establishment of the United States, and America's efforts have had a great deal to do with that.  I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THAT LOVE!

I agree but was trying to take a more neutral approach.  I love America as well but try to draw the line so I don't fall into the trap of overzealous patriotism.  I don't like that in any form.  Overzealous approaches to things are never good. 

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »

Haha, yeah. Hard to believe that, given their history, that France is the same country that helped us fight the British during the latter part of The Revolution, as well as giving us Lady Liberty.

Cheers Cheers Cheers

Many may not agree with your assessment, but as I am one who DOES, I'll also point out that not ALL non-Americans view us unfavorably.  One such person, the late Toronto times correspondent Gordon Sinclair, made a great broadcast sometime in the early 1970's, entitled "America, The Good Neighbor.

In it, he details just about every time America helped other countries, only to be turned down when the time came to do the same. He even mentions how we rescued France's economy in 1956, only to be "swindled and insulted in the streets of Paris" as he puts it.

Europe still dosen't seem to realize that w\o America, they'd still be listed in The Hitler Directory (or The Red Pages, as post WW2 politics has seen.)

In any case, war aside, we've done a LOT for our neighbors and seem to get little in return for it except the usual slap in the face. That's gratitude for you..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »

Here's hoping Egypt ends with a positive change in the end of all this.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »

Here's hoping Egypt ends with a positive change in the end of all this.

Agreed. Everyone always thinks of things such as this as "a world away" and "not in our backyard" but never seem to realize the TRUE impact it can and does have on the world at large.  Everything from oil prices to alliances can easily be affected by this. It dosen't take long for the world to fall apart, and it all starts with one or two bricks breaking away from the foundation.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Raffine

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »

MSNBC is reporting Mubarak will step down as president "any minute now".

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »

It's enough with this guy. Why put off the inevitable? What was the point of all this? Like maybe people would think it pover and change their mind?
Raffine

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »

Nope.

He said (I paraphrase) "My dear little children, screw you guys! I'm stayin' put!"

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Couchtr26

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »

Yeah, what the hell is this I'm staying but VP blah blah blah.  That is some bullchit. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Egypt is falling « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.