Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:44 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 636155 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »

IMDB lists 780 movies tagged "vampire" and 722 tagged "zombie."  (Only 232 were tagged "werewolf.")

In 2011, 42 movies were tagged "vampire" and 67 were tagged "zombie."

Of upcoming movies (scheduled for 2012 or later), 12 were tagged "vampire" and 30 were tagged "zombie."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

Tomatoes were originally yellow: hence the Italian name pomodoro ('golden apple'). Red tomatoes came later, discovered in Mexico by two Jesuit priests who brought their seeds back to Europe.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »

Quiet Riot's Cum on Feel the Noize is their most famous song, and it is truly an amazing accomplishment, because the band tried their best to make sure it was the worst song they'd ever recorded.

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »

Quiet Riot's Cum on Feel the Noize is their most famous song, and it is truly an amazing accomplishment, because the band tried their best to make sure it was the worst song they'd ever recorded.

They were forced by the management at Pasha records to cover it, doing a half-assed take that somehow turned out to be awesome. Slade hate Quiet Riot because they had more success with the track and because people always assume it's a QR original. Unfortunately for QR, their singer Kevin Dubrow (R.I.P) had a big, big mouth and halted their meteroic rise to superstardom with some ill-advised comments. Add to this the fact that they followed up "Metal Health" with practically, a carbon copy in "Condition Critical" complete with "Mama We're All Crazy Now" (another Slade song).

Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »

In Denmark, hedgehogs are protected by law. It is illegal to capture or hurt them, but it is accepted to house underweight hedgehogs found out during winter. Garden owners are encouraged to attract hedgehogs with a bit of dry cat food, to utilize their pest control abilities

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »

William Shatner has done many strange films, but the strangest has to be INCUBUS, a 1965 fantasy flick where the dialogue is done in the artificial language Esperanto.

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2011, 02:20:12 AM »

Adam West got the role of Batman primarily due to his playing a James Bond parody in a Nestlé Quik ad. 

Two years after the Batman series ended, he was offered the actual role of James Bond for the movie Diamonds Are Forever but he turned it down because he thought James Bond should always be played by somebody British. 

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »

There is something called "Gay Days" at Disney theme parks, but....
Disney steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that Gay Days is a thing (despite tens of thousands of participants), but that doesn't stop them from being the target of mass protest, veiled threats and sometimes even implied violence by the religious right (for... failing to stop it, we guess?).

The American Family Association sends "undercover photographers" to every Gay Days celebration, attempting to photograph "sexual misconduct," (which is totally not just a convenient excuse for some fundamentalist to volunteer for the cameraman position at a gay orgy, you know, "for the cause.") The Christian Action Network has a long-standing 10 year boycott of all Disney products in response to Gay Days, even going so far as to protest in Washington D.C. Their official petition states that they are "shocked and outraged" that Disney has transformed this traditionally macho and totally Christian establishment where men dance about in tights and anthropomorphic animals practice magic into an anti-family values terror-pit, like unto "Sodom and Gomorrah."*
From Cracked.com-
http://www.cracked.com/article_18511_6-true-stories-about-disneyland-they-dont-want-you-to-know_p2.html?wa_user1=5&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »

Nick Cage's was christened Nicolas Copploa, but changed it so that he would say he isn't related to FFC, which he isn't

yeah no.
Raffine

« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:52 PM »

Horned Lizards AKA Horned Toads can squirt blood from their eyes.

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »

That's the most awesome fact ever!

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »

Juan Baptista dos Santos was known as the man with three legs. He also had two working genitals. At the same time, there was a lady named Blanche Dumas who had three legs and two working genitalia. This is by far one of the most weirdest love stories I ever read.

yeah no.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »

Indian cricketer Ibrahim Khaleel recently set a record for the number of wicket-keeper dismissals in a first-class match, taking 14 of his team's 20 wickets.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #283 on: December 13, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »

Adam West got the role of Batman primarily due to his playing a James Bond parody in a Nestlé Quik ad. 

Two years after the Batman series ended, he was offered the actual role of James Bond for the movie Diamonds Are Forever but he turned it down because he thought James Bond should always be played by somebody British. 

On a TV special on the TV show "Batman," they showed that Nextle Quik ad, and Adam West was really good in it. Thus, one can see why he was then offered the title role in "Batman" the TV series.

As for James Bond should always be played by somebody British, there goes American actor Ed Nelson, who  was the first actor to assay the role on film, in 1954, on an episode of the TV series "Climax," or some eight years before Sean Connery played the part on the big screen. The villain opposite Ed Nelson was Peter Lorre in the part of Le Chiffre.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:17 AM »

Indian cricketer Ibrahim Khaleel recently set a record for the number of wicket-keeper dismissals in a first-class match, taking 14 of his team's 20 wickets.

Cheers We could use him in our national cricket team for sure.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.