Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:24 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Please help me remember... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help me remember...  (Read 6993 times)
TheAristocrat
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 14, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »

There are two movies that I've been struggling to find. Both of which I haven't seen since 1988/89!

1.The first is a movie I saw when I was roughly 3, but thankfully I do recall entire scenes. I recall the sewers, I recall a male actor being the lead actor, and he had at least two other people with him. There was a monster in the sewers. Another scene was with a man in a car park, he was by his car door, I believe closing it, when he was approached by a mugger. They got into a very brief struggle before a hand burst through the initial persons stomach and impailed the would-be mugger. Another scene involved a man and a woman being chased inside a building, I always remembered it being a school, you never saw what was chasing them, as the main camera view was by the chaser's perspective (the monster). Perhaps the most distinctive scene I recall was a woman at the boot (trunk for any Americans here  of a car, parked by a busy road. She discovered an unusual object which she meddled with. I recall it being a gun and firing accidentally causing an accident further up the road. It was her friends car. When I think back to this main actor in the beginning, I think of him perhaps being James Woods, or someone that looks similar to him.

2.The second movie was a sci-fi movie. It involved a large bug-thing that decapitated peoples heads. It was hidden away in the building and had these heads in see-through spheres which it made. Part of the way through the movie some people made the discovery of where it was located and the heads. One of the clearest scenes I recall was when this bug, which stood tall and was dark in colour, was chasing people through a corridor and was cutting heads off, it came by surprise, and I believe was initially chasing the main character(s). I can put into words anything else that I recall of this. I saw it, probably, in the same year as the first movie.

I know this is a lot to ask for, and I'll understand if nobody can help me with these. But any help to further my chances of finding what these are will be immensely appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards
Marcus

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »

1.  The first one is Something is Out There, a pretty good TV movie miniseries from 1988.

Here is the whole thing on youtube:

Small | Large

2.  The second one could be The Borrower but it's been so long since I saw that one I can't be sure.  It was about a bug-like alien that pulled people apart and hid inside their body parts.  I remember it amassed a collection of heads.

However, the corridor scene reminds me strongly of a key scene in Creature.  It was an Alien ripoff from 1985 and one of the best scenes involved the cast being chased through the main corridor of an abandoned spaceship by the monster.  It caught and did something messy with the head of one of the characters, who had until that point been set up to be the "final girl".  Very startling scene.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:42:29 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
TheAristocrat
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply! I can't access the link you posted, Youtube says I don't own the playlist :(

I'm busy tracking down the other two to check them out. I'm really exited to finally see them after twenty three or so years!! Many thanks again ^_^
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »

I remember there being a scene that might also match up (with some hazy time-caused memory) for the second in "Blue Monkey."  I also remember "The Borrower" keeping a collection.  I think that I have a copy of that film in my collection, and will check when possible.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TheAristocrat
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »

I can't find anything for the first two suggestions of the first reply of movie two. But Blue Monkey, from what I've read online and seen in images, definitely rings a bell, I'm almost certain that's it. I just can't locate it online! So my search continues, lol. But "There's Something Out There" is a certainty, just watched it to it's conclusion. I cannot believe that I finally know what it is. Akiratubo, I can't thank you enough! Twenty three years of searching finally comes to an end.
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »

Ah, yeah, Blue Monkey is definitely a candidate.  The giant mantis monster keeps its victims in translucent sacs for later use and there is a scene where the hero finds them.  The monster also attacks a group of people near the end and pulls a man's head off.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »

Do you remember a scene where the monster was jumping around a room, being zapped?  If so, that's definitely the film.

I have it, and will try to check it tonight, but no promises due to it being Valentine's Day.  If I forget just shoot me an email or PM me here and I'll both apologize and check.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TheAristocrat
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »

I found a site where you can watch it online, but I cannot post the link.

Had I known that it was called Blue Monkey, and that this bug was a mantis, I may have found it many years ago! lmao XD

Thanks to you both for your time and help. I would never have found these on my own, not now, not in another twenty three years, lol. Very much appreciated.

Best regards  Cheers
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »

Original Poster Marco The Aristocrat seems satisfied w/ solutions to both mysteries...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Please help me remember... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.