Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:42:38 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Karma system is bothering me... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Karma system is bothering me...  (Read 32480 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 02, 2011, 09:58:38 AM »

How is Lester1/2jr the #1 most smited user when WyreWizard got booed more? I'm a little confused about the Karma system's workings.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:04 AM »

Hmm. I don't know. That's a good question.

I do, however, like how AllHallowsDay is the only member who is on the top 5 of both lists. I don't know why I'm impressed by this.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »

How is Lester1/2jr the #1 most smited user when WyreWizard got booed more? I'm a little confused about the Karma system's workings.

Lester must get enough 'positive' karma to off set the negative. Poor ol' WyreWizard must get mostly 'booed'.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »

A guess...but,

Initially, it was a simple "applaud/boo" system with no comment required and no 'tracking.'  Wyred probably got a lot of his boos before the tracking mod was added to the forum software.

So, when the system adds up "smites," Lester get's the highest total; what this really means is that he's the most smited user since the mod was added.  Wyred's score is the total of both before and after tracking, but since his earlier boos were not logged, his logged smites don't add up properly for his score.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:16:44 AM »

That's because the only time that WireDick gets applauded is sympathy karma after I have b***hslapped the little girl.

For reference, RC is the most applauded member of the forum; he would be if his karma was not disabled. And by the same token I would competing with AHD and CheezeDick for spots on both lists.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »

That's because the only time that WireDick gets applauded is sympathy karma after I have b***hslapped the little girl.

True dat...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »

I don't think the karma statistics were reset when the tracking mod was added.  Back when you were allowed to give negative karma anonymously, Lester was frequently smited for his politics.

As an aside, Lester was not always the easygoing, uncontroversial, apolitical character you see before you today.  He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

I don't think the karma statistics were reset when the tracking mod was added.  Back when you were allowed to give negative karma anonymously, Lester was frequently smited for his politics.

As an aside, Lester was not always the easygoing, uncontroversial, apolitical character you see before you today.  He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

I have observed such.

Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »

He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

We all know that doesn't apply to me now don't we. TeddyR

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:44 PM »

lester1/2jr is the only person whos ever smited me.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. He also smited ghouck for the same reason he did me.  BounceGiggle

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »

I think instead of karma we should get money.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »

I think instead of karma we should get money.

Yeah. The money can come straight from the Federal Reserve. Hell, they invent money that doesn't exist all the time.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »

He used to be quite argumentative and opinionated.  In all seriousness, he deserves to be commended for toning it down.  He's learned how to argue his points with more civility and without resorting to name calling and I think he's quite a bit more persuasive now. 

We all know that doesn't apply to me now don't we. TeddyR

Naw, you're just a lovable pervert.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »

Not that I'm bitter or anything. He also smited ghouck for the same reason he did me.  BounceGiggle

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure why he smited you. "You're no fun" isn't a suitable explanation. I don't get it. Question

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure why he smited you. "You're no fun" isn't a suitable explanation. I don't get it. Question

Me and ghouck didn't approve of a site as much as Lester did.

He did say he was feeling a bit sensitive that day though.

Poor baby.  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Karma system is bothering me... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.