Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:09 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  6 Ad Campaigns That Prove Humanity Is Doomed « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 Ad Campaigns That Prove Humanity Is Doomed  (Read 3696 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: June 11, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

It's been awhile since we dicussed a Cracked article and ironically, it deals with a topic I started up a while ago about crappy ads.  As such, let's take a look at this things.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ad-campaigns-that-prove-humanity-doomed/

I think they are all solid good choices, but need to be rearranged in some way.  I'm more offended by the 5th ad campgain then the rest, but what can you do?  Then again, that Dairy Queen ad with the little girl...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »

Those ads made me angry.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »

I'm never too entertained by Cracked articles. They just don't make me laugh, and this is no exception. However, this is more of a social commentary and does bring up some good points, they're just not very funny.

The biggest one, one that really gets on my nerves, is "when the f**k did we start giving such a s**t about what our kids think?"

I know that probably sounds terrible, but what I'm talking about is this societal shift toward catering to our kids to the point that they are the ones in charge. It's been a slow shift, but it started with the notion that parents did what is in the best interest of the family, and the kids were in no position to gripe or participate in those decisions whatsoever. Dad and/or Mom put the food on the table, the roof over the heads, the clothes on the body, and the kids are going to deal with it. Next, the kids started having to be proud of what their parents do. It began to matter what the kids thought of their parents. This was somewhat understandable. Hell, I want my kids to look up to me, as long as they're somewhat realistic about the gap between what we want to do and what we have to do. Then, somewhere along the line, it wasn't good enough for them to think highly of us parents, we actually need their approval of what we do, and not just about our job, EVERYTHING.

When I was a kid, if we went on a vacation that I wanted to go on or found fun, it was because I happened to enjoy what they chose for a vacation. I had absolutely NO SAY in what that vacation was. They didn't sit me down and ask me what I wanted to do for family vacation. Nowadays it's like families bow to the will of their kids for things like this. Everything in life has become what we do to please our snotty kids. It even happened to Las Vegas, for crying out loud.

Part of this is because society has become kids themselves for the most part. Adults aren't adults anymore, they're kids themselves, who work almost strictly for the sake of consumption and "feed me now" pleasures. This bowing to the will of the kids is really just a reflection of that, in my opinion.

I'd love to see the commercial where the kid inherits mounds of debt from his parents because they overextended themselves so that he could be happy with his 8-year-old lifestyle.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Those ads made me angry.
seconded.

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

I'm never too entertained by Cracked articles. They just don't make me laugh, and this is no exception. However, this is more of a social commentary and does bring up some good points, they're just not very funny.

Well Cracked articles don't really often make me laugh either, but I do find them interesting to see various opinions, theories, and topics they make in their lists.  This one was the most interesting I've seen in a while and thought could provide good discussion among us.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  6 Ad Campaigns That Prove Humanity Is Doomed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.