Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:38:32 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 100 American Television Series « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Top 100 American Television Series  (Read 37030 times)
66Crush
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »

75."CHiPs" (1977-83)- Just good dumb fun. How could a B-movie fan not love the thespian skills of Erik Estrada. That's Erik with a k kiddies. Ponch rules. He's the only guy I know who could pull a guy out of a burning, moving car and land them both back safely on his motorcycle. Like I said, dumb fun.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:25:30 AM by 66Crush » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

76. Knight Rider (1982-1986): This series starring David Hasselhoff (as Michael Knight) and his high-powered car with artificial intelligence named K.I.T.T. (voiced by William Daniels) was very popular in the early 1980s and certainly rarely failed to deliver action thrills and entertain (even if it was also sometimes somewhat silly).

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:26:29 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »

77.Northern Exposure

This quirky little show was set in Cicely,Alaska where a Jewish doctor from NYC has to pay off his medical school loans by working there for several years. At first he fit in with the town's ecclectic citizens like ice cream and whiskey but he somehow fell into their ways. One of the best.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »

The Office U.S. verison (2005-present)

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »

79) Good Times (1974-1979): This spin-off of Maude certainly managed to forge an identity all its own. The show focused on a poor black family living in inner city Chicago in a poor black neighborhood. It starred Esther Rolle as mother Florida Evans, John Amos as father James Evans Sr., Jimmie Walker as the frequent show-stealing (even if his character sometimes felt rather stereotypical) James "J.J." Evans Jr., Ralph Carter as Michael Evans, Bern Nadette Stanis as Thelma Evans and Ja'net Dubois as neighbor Willona Woods. In later seasons Janet Jackson appeared as Willona's adopted daughter Penny and Johnny Brown was a recurring character as the building handyman Bookman. The series was funny more often than not but also had a serious edge dealing with important and serious world and family issues and often in a realistic down to earth fashion.

Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »

Two classics starring Andy Griffith I think belong on this list:

80) The Andy Griffith Show (1960-1968): This rather wholesome show starred Andy Griffith as a widowed town Sheriff named Andy Taylor in the fictional average American small town called Mayberry, North Carolina and his everyday life while dealing with a well-meaning but bumbling deputy in Barney Fife (Don Knotts), his spinster aunt/housekeeper Aunt Bee (Frances Baviar) and his ever curious and sometimes prone to trouble young son Opie (Ron Howard). This series feels like old-school small town Americana next to apple pie and baseball to me.

Small | Large

Small | Large

81) Matlock (1986-1995): The legal drama/murder mystery series that was reportedly always so popular with old folks was a favourite of mine from a young age. The show was well done, the stories were interestingand often keep one guessing until the end  and numerous talented guest stars appeared in the show over the years. Actually few legal dramas have been so long lasting on the airwaves...hmm that reminds me, is Perry Mason on this list yet?

Small | Large

Raffine

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

82. GREEN ACRES

Often dismissed as a low-brow rural comedy this in reality was a surprisingly surreal and often hilarious sitcom about a relatively normal man (Eddie Arnold) surrounded by raving manics - including his lovely wife Lisa (Eva Gabor). The often broke the fourth wall, including characters reacting to (and arguing with) the opening credits.

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »

Another successful lawyer/legal series, the one and only Perry Mason starring Raymond Burr in the lead. I recall and greatly enjoying this TV series based largely on the detective fiction of Erle Stanley Gardner. While the series was somewhat formulaic, it was nevertheless enjoyable.

83. Perry Mason (1957-1966)

Small | Large

Small | Large

Speaking of detective series, it would be greatly remiss to leave Peter Falk's Columbo off this list. Columbo always pretended to be dumb and ordinary but in fact was anything but...

84. Columbo  (1968-1978, 1989-2003)

Small | Large

Small | Large

Continuing on with detective/mystery show greats, one cannot forget or overlook Angela Lansbury's Jessica Fletcher, a murder mystery writer who proves to have a flare for actually solving real murder mysteries in Murder, She Wrote, a show like Matlock that seemed popular with the older folks yet I have to admit to watching it regularly too back in its era.

85. Murder, She Wrote (1984-1996)

Small | Large

66Crush
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »

86. Charmed (1998-2006)

Although criticized by some, I for one, really like this show about three sisters, who just happen to be witches. Think of as Bewitched meets Charlie's Angels meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer. The series was funny, touching and had plenty of action and special effects. Plus the three sisters were easy on the eyes. It was a weekly escape and didn't take itself too seriously, unlike much of TV drama. I think it deserves a place in television history.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:26:28 AM by 66Crush » Logged
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »

87. MacGyver (1985-1992): Starring Richard Dean Anderson as secret agent MacGyver, a man who detests guns yet who can seemingly make anything out of household and other devices that just happen to be on hand to make other weapons to defend himself and others and get himself and others out of trouble. I recall this show being hugely popular in the 80s and 90s and it was a lot of fun to watch - in the realm of enjoyable mindless escapism although MacGyver himself always seemed so very clever and heroic...[some Canadian connections with this series as well].

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

66Crush
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979-81)

Small | Large

Someone had to mention it sooner or later. Buck Rogers was an update of the old 1930's serial and an attempt to cash in on the Star Wars craze. It was cheaply made and cheesy, but I loved it. Gil Gerard starred as Buck an astronaut who was frozen in space in the year 1987 and awoke over 500 years later (2491 to be exact). Helping Buck adjust to his new life was Col. Wilma Deering (played by the gorgeous Erin Grey in tight spandex), and a little robot named Twiki (who's head looked like a part of the male anatomy and voiced by Mel Blanc of Looney Tunes fame). Buck was a rough and tough ladies man who could always kick some butt and get the girl. It was a bit corny (they can't all be Star Trek), but it was what it was. I watched it as kid, and it will always be one of my favorites.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »

89. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1964-1968): Entertaining Irwin Allen fantasy adventure series had the crew of the submarine Seaview tackling underwater threats. Initially the series was more serious with threats often coming from other foreign powers and there being a semblance of reality to the stories. In later seasons however, the Seaview crew faced more and more outlandish monsters, aliens and other assorted monsters and the series become more fun and filled with stuff sure to spark the more juvenile imagination. In some ways, the Seaview commanded by Admiral Nelson (Richard Basehart) and Commander Crane (David Hedison) kind of set a standard with regards to a crew and those under her command and was arguably influential on the later Star Trek series.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »

Is Law and Order on this list?

Jackass?

The Lone Gunmen?

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »

Is Law and Order on this list? YES

Jackass? No

The Lone Gunmen? No

I'll add the following (surprised no one has added it thus far)

90) Babylon 5 (1993-1998): J. Michael Straczynski's creation that plays out like a five year story, a continuing sci-fi novel of sorts for TV. The setting, the space station Babylon 5 acts as a catalyst for science fiction storytelling involving themes such as politics, racism, social behaviour, religious motivations as different spacefaring races come to further trade and diplomacy.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Top 100 American Television Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.