Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:27 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  1,000 ways to die, ridiculous in the extreme « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1,000 ways to die, ridiculous in the extreme  (Read 15089 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 30, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »

Yes has anyone ever watched that show on Spike TV called 1,000 ways to die?  I've watched a lot of episodes of that show and I get a laugh out of most of them.  Now in the first place, the title of the show is not true.  There are a lot more than just 1,000 ways to die.  I mean, nature has a lot to throw at us.  Nature has well more than 1,000 ways to kill us.  But a lot of the stories in that show are ridiculous in the extreme.  Most of them are just plain laughable. 
     Now I have seen a couple of stories on 1,000 ways to die that were disproved by the Mythbusters.  The first one, peeing on an electric fence.  Mythbusters did a test called peeing on the third rail.  That proved that a man cannot be electrocuted by urinating on something electrical because his stream is not constant and breaks up a lot.  But 1,000 ways to die showed some college jock peeing on an electric fence and getting electrocuted to death.  The other one was exploding breast implants.  Mythbusters disproved that one.  The myth stated that a woman's breast implants exploded when she was on an airplane and it took off.  But on a 1,000 ways to die, it showed a secretary flying to South America to get cheap breast implants.  When she got on the plane and it took off, her breasts were getting bigger and bigger until BLAMMO! they exploded and she died from the excessive blood loss.
     I have seen many other deaths on 1,000 ways to die that really make me question where the writers of this show get their materials.
I know one disclaimer on the show says "Names have been changed to protect the identity of the innocent and the deceased."  BS!!!  The names were really changed so that people cannot check the authenticity of the stories.  Spike TV, stop lying.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »

The 1001st way to die: reading a post like Wyrewizards.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:45:09 AM »

Nice one, Trev.  What?  No arguments for me?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:29:12 AM »

Nice one, Trev.  What?  No arguments for me?

No, I actually like you, believe it or not and I feel sorry for you having -40 karma.

So here's + 1 for you.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:36:33 AM »

Yeah, that show doesn't seem like something that's well researched, or even researched at all.  "For entertainment purposes only" as they say.

I don't understand the idea of exploding breast implants, I mean, the cabin of a plane is quite obviously pressurized lol. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »

Now in the first place, the title of the show is not true.

It's not saying there are only 1000 ways to die, it's using it in the same way you might use the words "a lot".  Just a generic big number.

But yeah, you're totally right about the show.  It's a bunch of made up crap, and a lot of it is obviously not true.  Which is odd, because there are plenty of ridiculous ways people have died in real life.  There's really no need to make any of them up.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »

Don't tell that to 1,000 Ways To Die fans on IMDB they believe in that crap. Lookingup
WhenBadMoviesAttack
PhD. In Sarcasm and Patronising.
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »

That show was shown over here, for a very. VERY brief amount of time.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »

And yet, that isn't my biggest beef with the show. Yes, it's inaccurate, but I'd be more forgiving if it didn't try to pass it off as "well, most of these people had it coming." What did the clown stripper do that was so bad he had to die? He just had an odd occupation, and anyway, the girls in the story hired him. The guy was just doing his job, but I guess in Spike's eyes if you're too outside the norm you deserve death and humiliation.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

Spike TV, stop lying
It's a guy show, and besides, doesn't most guy shows lie?

yeah no.
66Crush
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »

Because these incidents are true, it is in very bad taste. I feel sorry for the people who might not know what they are watching and see the bizare death of a loved one reinacted. Since real names are not used, I'm sure no releases were signed. People's poor judgement should not be mocked if it resulted in they're own death.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

I've never seen the show. Is the premise of the show that there are 1000 ways to die? Does it make that claim?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

My hero!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  1,000 ways to die, ridiculous in the extreme « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.