How's the weather?

Started by Olivia Bauer, January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseSF

Cold and windy. Nothing unusual.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

claws

Quote from: Jack on February 04, 2012, 07:53:05 AM
Meh, what a yucky winter.  I'd much prefer lots of snow and cold temps.

You and me both. Though we finally got cold temps for the past 5 days or so, minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit  :thumbup:
but only one or two inches of solid frozen snow  :thumbdown:

According to forecast we are expecting to get more snow starting this Tuesday  :smile:

This should make up for the sucky warm Christmas we had.

JaseSF

Still cold and windy. We had a few flurries last night too.

claws

After nearly two weeks with temps below zero and a few inches of snow, rain washed and warm sunshine melted half of our late winter bliss away.
However, forecast predicts flurries for this weekend so I'm happy about that  :cheers:

JaseSF

We had snow after freezing drizzle. Spent part of the morning shovelling out. Back to cold and windy now but more snow scheduled for tomorrow night according to the weather forecast. Pretty normal really.

Jack

Quote from: Jack on February 04, 2012, 07:53:05 AM
Just day after day of highs around 35 - 40 F, sometimes it's sunny, sometimes overcast. 

Still exactly the same as when I posted that.  We got an inch of snow last week, but that was gone within 24 hours.  Supposed to get some rain or snow on Monday and Tuesday, so at least that's something out of the ordinary.
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

Leah

it was pourin down rain ,post-pone Indemian (I really hate this parade and couldn't be bothered to look up the true spelling)
yeah no.

JaseSF

BoyScoutKevin

Abnormal!

It was in the 70's yesterday, and today it is in the 80's, and we are still in February. Normally, around here it does not get warm till March, and then not that warm. If the temperatures contine rising like that, I hate to see what the summer is going to be like, as last summer we had the hottest summer on record, and I hate to see us break last year's record this year.

One piece of good news. We are getting some rain, which makes up for the lack of rain last year.

JaseSF

A cool, calm night but we're supposed to get a snowstorm again tomorrow.

dean

I'm going to need shorts when I get home: almost 40 degrees Celsius here today/tomorrow.   :hot:
------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Trevor

Quote from: dean on February 23, 2012, 11:37:47 PM
I'm going to need shorts when I get home: almost 40 degrees Celsius here today/tomorrow.   :hot:

Pretty much the same here, Dean.  :hot:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Jack

It's actually snowing here today - yay!   :teddyr:
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

JaseSF

We had snow but now it's turned to fog and rain. We're supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow morning though.

claws

March used to be the "Icicle month" here, but not anymore. I haven't seen icicles in our parts since the climate change.
Other than that we are having typical March weather: overcast, damp/moist, foggy at night/morning, gushes of wind during the day with a slight chill. All that is missing is about 3 feet of solid frozen winter snow melting away.