Main Menu

How's the weather?

Started by Olivia Bauer, January 20, 2012, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Bauer

For once I actually kinda want to hear. Yesterday up here the windchill was so low my face felt numb from only a few seconds of exposure. Today it's cold, but it's almost a comfortable cold. It's actually snowing for once and it is beautiful!

How about you guys?

LilCerberus

This fickle winter we're having here in Central VA this year really reminds me of those fickle winters we used to have in Houston...
Still, one or two nice days each week to get the kinks out of my new moped.
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

AndyC

In Ontario's "near north" we got quite a bit of snow earlier in the week, but not an unreasonable amount. Last night, it got down to below -20 celsius. Again, normal for this time of year. It does get colder than that on some nights. Right now, it's -12 and very lightly overcast. Overall, it hasn't been a bad winter so far.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

bob

slightly windy with snow lightly coming from the sky, might amount to maybe an inch or two if it continues at this pace for a few hours
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Ed, Ego and Superego

We had rare snow, and now rain and flooding
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Jack

It's all the way up to 4 F at the moment.  Got a couple inches of snow this morning, now it's not much more than a flurry.
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

JayJayM12

Quote from: LilCerberus on January 20, 2012, 10:55:08 AM
This fickle winter we're having here in Central VA this year really reminds me of those fickle winters we used to have in Houston...
Still, one or two nice days each week to get the kinks out of my new moped.

I'm in Houston now and you're right - it's as fickle as ever.  It can't decide between cold, hot, and in between.  Today, it's hot (for January)...
Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.

Silverlady

It's 20 degrees here in the Pocono Mountains of northeast PA.  It's supposed to be in the teens tonight. Overnite we had about 2 inches of snow, but the rest of the day was sunny.  AFter midnight tonight and through tomorrow afternoon we are expecting anywhere from 4-8 inches of more snow. Gonna be dragging the snowblower out for this one!
Hold onto your dreams ....

Allhallowsday

I'm in New Jersey.  We've had a beautifully sunny Winter, and with many warm days.  But even when it's damned cold, it's been mostly sunny with nary a snowflake.  Last year this time, we had been buried at least twice (with the worst blizzard of my life the day after Christmas 2010. :hatred:)  They may be predicting snow this weekend.  Ugh.
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

InformationGeek

Reporting from Wisconsin, the weather sucks.  Need I say more?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

bob

Quote from: InformationGeek on January 20, 2012, 09:11:32 PM
Reporting from Wisconsin, the weather sucks.  Need I say more?

you and me brother  :cheers:
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

tracy

Yesterday we were in the mid 70s here in central Texas but today we'll have a high of 58. No rain with beautiful sunny skies.
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

claws

Crazy weather: It snowed all day, now it's 46 F with strong/stormy winds at the moment. It's been around 17 F all week and half of last week.
January used to be our coldest month with minus 20 C, but hardly anymore since the climate change started in the late 1990s.

Jack

Regular heat wave today, it's 19 F already with ice predicted for this morning, snow for tonight, and the always enjoyable snow / wind combo for tomorrow   :thumbup:
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

The Burgomaster

I'll tell you how the weather is.  It was snowing here yesterday morning.  I was driving to a friend's house at around 9:00 a.m. and many roads had not been plowed and were very slick.  I was driving downhill toward an intersection and the traffic light turned red.  I tried to slow down, but the momentum of my car down the hill was too powerful and I slid into the intersection.  As I tried to maneuver my car safely through the red light I blasted my horn a few times to warn the other drivers that I couldn't stop.  A car pulled out onto the road in front of me and the only way to avoid crashing into it was to steer my car close to the curb.  I ended up banging into a telephone pole and smashing up the front right side of my car.  The end.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."