Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:16:29 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message  (Read 51386 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »

Well, he does have one of the more hilariously bad/awesome album covers of all time.  So he's not ALL bad.

I do think his attitude about vegetarians and meat eating is incredibly naive.  I've read a couple interviews where he's basically like, "we should all just hunt for our own meat!  That'd work!".   Lookingup

Politically he comes across as nutty, though he's a competent writer if you ever try reading one of his articles.  That's more than most celebrities who try the political game.
Frank81
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »

Yeah, hard to believe  this  guy could  act ' nutty.'    I like him even more now, cause of his politics, you fight a bully by being crazier. Ted  is  just doing what  lefty artists  have been doing and saying for years  against  anyone that oppose them. You know, by any means, baby.

Yeah, I've always appreciated that logic. Somebody does something you despise and so you become your enemy. Makes perfect sense.
 Lookingup

An  eye for an eye, it's  in the Bible and Koran. TeddyR

I follow neither of them, but I'm glad you've pointed out the similarities between the two. The problem with becoming your enemy is that one guilty party turns into two. Wouldn't you rather be better than that?

I'd rather be alive, not 100 Million dead and 6Million in ovens, Stalin and Hitler respectively. You don't win over a bully by compromising.  
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »

Yeah, hard to believe  this  guy could  act ' nutty.'    I like him even more now, cause of his politics, you fight a bully by being crazier. Ted  is  just doing what  lefty artists  have been doing and saying for years  against  anyone that oppose them. You know, by any means, baby.

Yeah, I've always appreciated that logic. Somebody does something you despise and so you become your enemy. Makes perfect sense.
 Lookingup

An  eye for an eye, it's  in the Bible and Koran. TeddyR

I follow neither of them, but I'm glad you've pointed out the similarities between the two. The problem with becoming your enemy is that one guilty party turns into two. Wouldn't you rather be better than that?

I'd rather be alive, not 100 Million dead and 6Million in ovens, Stalin and Hitler respectively. You don't win over a bully by compromising.  

Since this is my last day before taking a break, I will offer one more comment.

Speak for yourself. I win people over all the time. Not by compromise, per se, but by challenging them to justify their actions. This includes bullies. Not always, of course, but to say that it isn't done is most certainly incorrect in my experience. Sometimes, of course, they just get so fed up with my talking that they walk away.  TeddyR

So much for the Christian ideal of loving your enemies.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:32:29 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »

Hey, the right still has Ray Stevens! TeddyR

The novelty song writer? He's got his moments, "Everything is Beautiful" being chief among them, but we're digressing.

And "Don't look . . . Ethel!"
"The Streak"
"The Mississippi Squirrel Revival"
"Gitarzan"
"Bridget the Midget"
"Along Came Jones"

But, you're right. We're digressing.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »

Hey man-I was just talking metaphisically-I dont reaaly hate Ted Nugent.
He's from MICHIGAN.
And-I think most of his gun control opiouns are right.
I like his music too.
I just thought it was fun to rag him.
I usta work for him.
And-like Ted-I'm making excuses for what I said.
Ted-mean what you say and say what you mean.
a***ole.
He really is a rich a***ole.
Ok-I DO like his music-I DO respect his veiws.
But Ted Nugents are not legit.
He's a Michigan hillrat with too much money.
I know-Im a Michigan hillrat with no money.
Gimme some food offa your caged in hunting circus and well talk.
Other wise-f**k off.
And now I AM seious.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:34:44 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"
What is this guy's problem? really, he is like a troll, not Wyre style troll, but an a***ole troll. explain to me why he is such one?

yeah no.
Frank81
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 07:27:56 PM »

Yeah, hard to believe  this  guy could  act ' nutty.'    I like him even more now, cause of his politics, you fight a bully by being crazier. Ted  is  just doing what  lefty artists  have been doing and saying for years  against  anyone that oppose them. You know, by any means, baby.

Lookingup

An  eye for an eye, it's  in the Bible and Koran. TeddyR

Since this is my last day before taking a break, I will offer one more comment.

Speak for yourself. I win people over all the time. Not by compromise, per se, but by challenging them to justify their actions. This includes bullies. Not always, of course, but to say that it isn't done is most certainly incorrect in my experience. Sometimes, of course, they just get so fed up with my talking that they walk away.  TeddyR

So much for the Christian ideal of loving your enemies.

I thought I was speaking for myself, no one else is here, someone there old freind giving you these ideas? TeddyR Yes, I too win over many people, including bullies, but, some bullies, the political ones with huge armies who wil decapitate me and maybe you, well, I choose to not talk to them.

I'm not Christ and those I'm usually  fighting are not Christians or remotely following those ideals. See, This is logic. Have fun on your break.
Jim H

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »

I'm not Christ and those I'm usually  fighting are not Christians or remotely following those ideals. See, This is logic. Have fun on your break.

Wait wait, am I understanding you right in thinking that you're implying the Christian idea of loving your enemy as yourself ONLY applies if your enemy is a fellow Christan?   Question

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said.

I call shenanigans on this.  There's no way he'll end up in jail or die or leave the country if Obama gets re-elected.  I'd bet on it.
Frank81
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »

Wait wait, am I understanding you right in thinking that you're implying the Christian idea of loving your enemy as yourself ONLY applies if your enemy is a fellow Christan?   Question

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said.

I call shenanigans on this.  There's no way he'll end up in jail or die or leave the country if Obama gets re-elected.  I'd bet on it.

No, only if they are also following Christian ideals of forgiveness, they don't have to be Christians. It si amusing how many merciless killers  bring up one  line in the Bible when seeking mercy. I 'ain't'  Christ. What Nugent said was better than Alec Baldwin saying we should go over to Henry Hydes  house and stone  him AND his  fanily to death to the loud cheers  and laughter on David Letterman.
Jim H

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »

No, only if they are also following Christian ideals of forgiveness, they don't have to be Christians.

So, if your enemy doesn't also hold an ideal, you just drop it?  How is that in any way an "ideal", then, if you drop it when it is challenged? 

What Nugent said was better than Alec Baldwin saying we should go over to Henry Hydes  house and stone  him AND his  fanily to death to the loud cheers  and laughter on David Letterman.

I only vaguely remember that, but was able to look it up.  What he said was if we were in certain other countries, what we *would* do is stone him and his family to death.  Then he started screaming and yelling after jumping up (he looked rather ridiculous), until Conan grabbed a respirator and put it on him at which point he sort of passed out.  It was obviously a set-up gag meant to be a joke.  Poor taste, yeah, but that's about the extent of it. 

Really, I wouldn't call what either of them said violence inciting.  Which is what actually matters.  So hey.   Cheers
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »

Yeah, shenanigans. I've heard the "if so-and-so is elected I'll leave the country" statement more times than I can count, and it's always b.s.

Frank81
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

No, only if they are also following Christian ideals of forgiveness, they don't have to be Christians.

So, if your enemy doesn't also hold an ideal, you just drop it?  How is that in any way an "ideal", then, if you drop it when it is challenged? 

What Nugent said was better than Alec Baldwin saying we should go over to Henry Hydes  house and stone  him AND his  fanily to death to the loud cheers  and laughter on David Letterman.

I only vaguely remember that, but was able to look it up.  What he said was if we were in certain other countries, what we *would* do is stone him and his family to death.  Then he started screaming and yelling after jumping up (he looked rather ridiculous), until Conan grabbed a respirator and put it on him at which point he sort of passed out.  It was obviously a set-up gag meant to be a joke.  Poor taste, yeah, but that's about the extent of it. 

Really, I wouldn't call what either of them said violence inciting.  Which is what actually matters.  So hey.   Cheers

Well, when quotes  are chopped up, like you just did with my answer to you about the ideal of mercy, one  makes up answers to statements  not made by someone  they don't agree like in Nugents case.

You have  details  down pact for something you vaguely remember. In any event, maybe, Ted Nugent  was  'joking', yeah, I think he was  joking, like Limbaugh. Let's just  say they're all joking.
Frank81
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »

Yeah, shenanigans. I've heard the "if so-and-so is elected I'll leave the country" statement more times than I can count, and it's always b.s.

I was hoping it was  true, when Bush was  re-elected  in 2004, half of Hollywierd  would be gone. But, alas, they have mostly stayed  and prospered. TeddyR
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:16 AM »

I was hoping it was  true, when Bush was  re-elected  in 2004, half of Hollywierd  would be gone. But, alas, they have mostly stayed  and prospered. TeddyR

Exactly. Rush Limbaugh did that bit in 2008 as well. I love it when the left and the right do equally stupid things. It confirms my message that they are two sides of the same coin.

Frank81
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »

Exactly. Rush Limbaugh did that bit in 2008 as well. I love it when the left and the right do equally stupid things. It confirms my message that they are two sides of the same coin.

It's  why I saved my money by canceling cable. TeddyR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.