Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:43:33 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Maxim's 2012 Sexiest Women: What a joke! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maxim's 2012 Sexiest Women: What a joke!  (Read 21778 times)
66Crush
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

I know I'm probably one of the few who cares about this stuff, but Maxim's Sexiest Women in the World issue is a big F'n joke! Every year the list get's more and more ridiculous! They let you vote online and very few of my picks even placed. It's so predictable. Some model won, surprise, surprise. It's the same predictable popularity contest. These picks were an easy guess:Olivia Munn was #2, plus Brooklyn Decker, Blake Lively and Jennifer Love Hewitt for the ten thousandth year in a row. Not that these women aren't pretty, they are beautiful, but give someone else a chance. This year it seemed like nobody took the list seriously. Stephen Colbert was picked as a joke, as was Lois Griffin from Family Guy. But what really got my blood boiling was that they listed Amanda Knox, a murder suspect! Seriously! A murder suspect! Even though I think she is pretty Amanda Bynes only placed because of her recent antics. You could have given those slots to some of the women who didn't make the list this year.

For Example:

Sophia Bush
Rachel Bilson
Leighton Meester
Lucy Hale
Kristin Kreuk
Avril Lavigne
Odette Anabelle
Haley Williams
Debby Ryan
Kayla Ewell
Peyton List (the legal one, not the child actress with the same name)
Ashley Benson
Elisabeth Giles
Troian Bellesario
Daniella Monet
Miranda Cosgrove
Danielle Harris
Kari Byron
Kacey Barnfield
Karen Gillan
Julianna Guill
Candice Accola
Lacey Chabert
Michelle Trachtenberg
etc...

All these women deserve to be on there (some have before) over these joke picks. Does anybody agree. Let me know who you would have picked and if Maxim bugs you too.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »

These polls are never going to select the sexiest women. They're going to select boring, lowest-common-denominator attractive women. The sexiness equivalent of a processed cheddar cheese slice. That's what you get when you poll thousands of people on something that's a matter of personal preference. All the diversity, anything different, unusual or otherwise interesting gets buried.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »

For Example:

Rachel Bilson
Leighton Meester
Avril Lavigne
Haley Williams
Miranda Cosgrove
Danielle Harris

I'd pick these ones too.  Nice!

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
66Crush
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »

I liked some of the choices like Nina Dobrev, but when she's only on notch above a cartoon character and further down the list than a murder suspect or some skank from Jersey Shore, you gotta wonder what's wrong with people!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »

I definitely agree on Michelle Trachtenberg....she's a lovely and genuine looking young lady.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »

I definitely agree on Michelle Trachtenberg....she's a lovely and genuine looking young lady.

Dang! I haven't seen her in quite a few years. She's purty.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »

I view things like this as trade manuals. The women presented are the newest "product" we are supposed to care about. It's somebody trying to sell you something. Go out and meet some real girls, they're much more rewarding then some cover girl.

I've never understood the fascination with Megan Fox. She just looks like a beady-eyed weasel to me.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »

Francis Bacon said it best: “There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness of proportion.”

It's often the imperfections and deviations that make a person stand out. I like a woman with an interesting face, the kind you can look at for a while and try to figure out just what combination of features and proportions it has that make it so compelling. Some might even seem unattractive at first glance, but have a quality that grows on you.

Too many people think a pretty face is a collection of perfect features that add up to greater beauty. They go to plastic surgeons and ask for a nose like one celebrity, lips like another, without considering that it is a unique combination of (often unusual) features that makes their idols exceptionally beautiful to many people. I think of Jennifer Grey, who was a real hottie back in the 80s, and had a really cute face, which included her prominent nose. She got the nose "fixed" and her face, while attractive, lost its distinctiveness. Her career suffered for it.

I think I said it in another thread. You can't be extraordinary without being abnormal.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:43:51 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »

There's this girl who was in the Tim Burton film Dark Shadows.

Don't know her name and think she's relatively new to the acting scene, but she's purty.  Soon as I get the name... BounceGiggle

She definitely grew up nicely since I used to see her on the old Nickelodeon show The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »

Dang! I haven't seen her in quite a few years. She's purty.

She's grown up a bit since Buffy.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:20 PM »

yeah no.
66Crush
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 04:10:01 AM »

As a consumer I have every right to complain about the product. They let people vote on it for the first time this year, and by looking at the results I'd say nobody took it seriously. However, looking at the generic choices, I get the feeling that Maxim picked who they wanted anyway. At least this year they didn't try to kiss the president's butt by putting in the first lady again or like they did that one year with the Bush twins.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Maxim's 2012 Sexiest Women: What a joke! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.