Main Menu

2 films that remain a mystery(late 70s/early80s)

Started by infermalh, May 29, 2012, 03:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infermalh

Ok so this is what i know. First film i remember nothing but a women was chopped up and turned in to what appeared to be a a baby's mobile that hangs above a crib. This had to be the late late 70s or very early 80s. I saw it on tv and i cannot remember one more thing about it. The second film i saw in the early 80s. It could have been a documentary. It seemed to have a creepy and psychedelic feel to it. It was late at night and it was around the time the USA Network was showing Night Flight. But i do not know if it was aired during Night Flight. All i remember is it had something to do with Bikers and there was some black and white footage and the sound of someone crying. Oh and it wasn't the trip scene in Easy Rider. Any bells ringing? Thanks!

retrorussell

The first one might be HUMONGOUS (1982). 

Is the second one MAD MAX (1979)?
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Menard

Quote from: retrorussell on May 29, 2012, 08:58:54 PM
The first one might be HUMONGOUS (1982). 

Is the second one MAD MAX (1979)?

Humongous was the first thing that popped into my head too, because of that movie poster, but reflecting on the film I don't recall such a scene in the movie, though my recollection could be off.

Although I don't recall black&white footage in Mad Max, I think it's a good guess with what little information we have to go on with that one.

retrorussell

Quote from: Menard on May 29, 2012, 11:10:15 PM

Humongous was the first thing that popped into my head too, because of that movie poster, but reflecting on the film I don't recall such a scene in the movie, though my recollection could be off.

Although I don't recall black&white footage in Mad Max, I think it's a good guess with what little information we have to go on with that one.
Yeah, I don't believe there was such a mobile in the actual film, nor do I recall B&W footage in Mad Max, but you know how memory of something can get skewed over time.  It may be different from how they're describing it.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."