Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:58:46 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Mitt Romney’s California neighbors are not exactly his biggest fans « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mitt Romney’s California neighbors are not exactly his biggest fans  (Read 8918 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »

The Candidate Next Door

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/garden/mitt-romney-the-candidate-next-door.html?_r=2&hp&pagewanted=all&pagewanted=print

ON Dunemere Drive, it seems as if just about everyone has a gripe against the owners of No. 311.

The elderly woman next door complains that her car is constantly boxed into her driveway. A few houses over, a gay couple grumbles that their beloved ocean views are in jeopardy. And down the street, a widow grouses that her children’s favorite dog-walking route has been disrupted.

Bellyaching over the arrival of an irritating new neighbor is a suburban cliché, as elemental to the life on America’s Wisteria Lanes as fastidiously edged lawns and Sunday afternoon barbecues.

But here in La Jolla, a wealthy coast-hugging enclave of San Diego, the ordinary resident at the end of the block is no ordinary neighbor.

He is Mitt Romney...  

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/garden/mitt-romney-the-candidate-next-door.html?_r=2&hp&pagewanted=all&pagewanted=print

Here's a yahoo story that's even crappier: 
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt-romney-california-neighbors-not-exactly-biggest-fans-124737317.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »

This is a very significant announcement.  We certainly don't want an annoying neighbor in the White House, nor do we want someone who picks their nose.  Wink
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »

This is a very significant announcement.  We certainly don't want an annoying neighbor in the White House, nor do we want someone who picks their nose.  Wink
What I find interesting about this story is... the MILLIONS of dollars he spent on the house.   Wink Thumbup

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:45:31 PM »

A bunch of wealthy Californians don't like that a rich, conservative Mormon has moved into their neighborhood.  Really? BounceGiggle

What I want to know is, where was this kind of proctological exam for Barack Obama?  Honestly, if it were not for FOX news, the American people would know NOTHING about his dubious past.  Yet, before we even get to the convention, we are getting story after story about Romney's alleged misdeeds.

OF COURSE there is no media bias in America!!! Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »

This looks like a story meant to whip up anti-Rimney feelings....they made sure and included key people to stress their points. Personally,I'm not that thrilled with him as a candidate but I'd rather have him than 4 more years of Obama.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Nakuyabi
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »

Well, in the ever-so-eloquent words of the original poster:

Why even post this sh!t?

Or in the words of another:

Inflammatory much?

And again:

Aren't there any other websites where you could be posting this crap?

And in other news, Mitt Romney was once seen standing on a lawn where a sign explicitly said to STAY OFF THE GRASS!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »

And in other news, Mitt Romney was once seen standing on a lawn where a sign explicitly said to STAY OFF THE GRASS!
[/quote]

Well...that made up my mind...I'm not voting for him! TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »

Well, in the ever-so-eloquent words of the original poster:
Why even post this sh!t?
Or in the words of another:
Inflammatory much?
And again:
Aren't there any other websites where you could be posting this crap?
As lame as it is, I posted a news story.  You posted a partisan blog entry in its entirety (which by the way wasn't accurate at all).   I push the envelop, but I walk the balance beam. Take the reality check and lighten up.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »

Actually-I think this is stupid...you should see MY neighbors...or being a neighbor to ME. NOT a pretty picture. My neighbors are young drug addicts. I'm an old drunk. No liberals and democrats here. Just SURVIAL OF THE SOBEREST AT THE TIME.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »

Actually-I think this is stupid...you should see MY neighbors...or being a neighbor to ME. NOT a pretty picture. My neighbors are young drug addicts. I'm an old drunk. No liberals and democrats here. Just SURVIAL OF THE SOBEREST AT THE TIME.
snicker

Nakuyabi
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »

As lame as it is, I posted a news story.  You posted a partisan blog entry in its entirety (which by the way wasn't accurate at all).   I push the envelop, but I walk the balance beam. Take the reality check and lighten up.

The reality is that you posted a far-left partisan propaganda rag's lame editorial hit piece masquerading as a news article and then complained when I posted an editorial article holding views contrary to yours. Turnabout is fair play; neither you nor your sources can be said to be accurate or "walk the balance beam" at all.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »

The reality is that you posted a far-left partisan propaganda rag's lame editorial hit piece masquerading as a news article and then complained when I posted an editorial article holding views contrary to yours. Turnabout is fair play; neither you nor your sources can be said to be accurate or "walk the balance beam" at all.
You're a real hothead.  There was no complaint, only a direct question.  Unless it's personal, you won't get any complaint from me, but I will challenge you if I care to.  Mainstream media, meaning millions of people see it, and despite your disdain, I don't post right or left leaning blogs.  Sorry everyone agreed with me that your posting of the rightist blog entry was sh!t.   Own it. 
As far as walking "the balance beam" I had also admitted "pushing the envelop" and I was talking about you and me, not the news story.  Stop assuming you know my politics, or proving how much insight you lack, and I'll give you a wide berth. 

Nakuyabi
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »

You're a real hothead.  There was no complaint, only a direct question.  Unless it's personal, you won't get any complaint from me, but I will challenge you if I care to.  Mainstream media, meaning millions of people see it, and despite your disdain, I don't post right or left leaning blogs.  Sorry everyone agreed with me that your posting of the rightist blog entry was sh!t.   Own it. 
As far as walking "the balance beam" I had also admitted "pushing the envelop" and I was talking about you and me, not the news story.  Stop assuming you know my politics, or proving how much insight you lack, and I'll give you a wide berth.

Ooh, look who needs to lighten up! Maybe, just maybe, blogs are getting to be more legitimate than our so-called "mainstream" far-left media, and you and your fellow hand-wavers deserve my disdain. If editorials are news, I say they're news regardless of whether they're from new media or old, and if you can post them here so can I.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

Ooh, look who needs to lighten up! Maybe, just maybe, blogs are getting to be more legitimate than our so-called "mainstream" far-left media, and you and your fellow hand-wavers deserve my disdain. If editorials are news, I say they're news regardless of whether they're from new media or old, and if you can post them here so can I.
Hand waving!  Hand waving!   It's a matter of opinion if Yahoo news, or the New York Times, or the New York Post, or Fox News, etc., are leftist or rightist, but they are mainstream.  The "disdain" I was referring to from you was towards the news outlet.  So you disdain me?  I'll keep it in mind.   When losing a debate you get personal.  You're not too astute a reader, though, hmm? 
BTW, it's not my place to advise you may not post your blog entries, Sweet Potato.   Thumbup Wink

Nakuyabi
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »

Hand waving!  Hand waving!   It's a matter of opinion if Yahoo news, or the New York Times, or the New York Post, or Fox News, etc., are leftist or rightist, but they are mainstream.  The "disdain" I was referring to from you was towards the news outlet.  So you disdain me?  I'll keep it in mind.   When losing a debate you get personal.  You're not too astute a reader, though, hmm? 
BTW, it's not my place to advise you may not post your blog entries, Sweet Potato.   Thumbup Wink

Who's losing the debate? You can't prove there's anything wrong with the articles I posted, so you pound the table, appeal to authority (how "mainstream" something is) to bash my sources, and appeal to consensus. (Is akiratubo on board with you about that whole "not my place to advise" thing?) It's always easier, not to mention more concise, to attack a source rather than its contents, but that doesn't make its contents any less true or the source any less valid.

Of course, just because the source has a known bias doesn't mean the article isn't true. If Mitt Romney moved into a "progressive" (i.e. far-left) neighborhood, I imagine his neighbors probably do despise him just as much as the article says. It's still pretty pathetic to go pointing up such small potatoes (ha!) to people as if it meant anything, though. If the story were "Romney sued his neighbors for refusing to attend his Mormon wedding and won" or "Romney's getting reporters sent to prison for hate crimes because combing through his church's records is considered discriminatory against Mormons" or (especially) "Romney jokes about unleashing the IRS against all of his political enemies if elected" then it might actually be a story.

What this fluff really tells me is that Romney's detractors are already running out of ideas, and it's not even July yet. I don't even like the guy very much; he always struck me as a bit of a squish. If this is the worst anyone can find to say about him, though, maybe he's not such a loser after all.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Mitt Romney’s California neighbors are not exactly his biggest fans « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.