Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:56:06 AM
713402 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  World War Z trailer and posters. modified « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: World War Z trailer and posters. modified  (Read 39654 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »

interesting take on zombies.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61622
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:47:41 AM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Bushma

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »

Is this is trick?  I clicked the link and I almost started a new post. 

That was almost as bad as a rick roll!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

I have read the book, which is told as a story gathered after the worst of the zombie apocalypse is over.  It's interesting at times, often going back to the basics:  like the military focusing on 1 bullet, 1 dead zombie, maximum employment of minimum firepower to conserve resources. 

The trailer makes it look like this is a big action movie with lots of fast moving zombies.  That's not like the book at all, so they're simply using the title.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »

Ehhhhh......
I liked the book but I just can't get excited about WWZ.  I'm kinda burned out on zombies anyway.  Also, there's been a lot of issue/delay with the production on this, which is rarely a good sign for the end result.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

I'm worried about the PG-13 rating and also the fact that they basically re-shot the entire movie as it tested very poorly from what I read. I hope that it does wind being cool but you can't really show any zombie carnage in a PG-13 movie and the whole aspect of them having these superhuman abilities and acting like ants could go either way with me too. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.  

A PG-13 rated movie about a war against zombies?  How do they expect that to work?  

... eh, I suppose it's just as well.  I'm getting tired of zombies anyway.  

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:55:41 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

I read and loved and book and I even got the abridged audiobook which was also good, so I had mixed feelings when I read there was going to be a movie.  I didn't know how they would pull it off, but I kept checking for updates and I was so excited when I heard the first trailer was out; then I watched the trailer and lost all interest in seeing the movie.  In the span of what a 2 or 3 minute trailer I went from "I will watch this in 3D on IMAX!" to "It might be a rental if there are no other options."  The trailer made it very clear that no one bothered to read the book or even talk to Max Brooks.  They had the name and that's all that mattered.  I watched the new trailer after seeing Trekgeezer's post, and it was just bad.  Watching a zombie run up the back of a car and leap off the roof to tackle someone was just wrong. 

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:53 AM »

The trailer I saw looked as though millions of ants were turning cars over and blowing up buildings.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

I am certainly familiar with the book, having delved into sections of it, if not the whole book itself, and because of that, and because everybody here is seemingly talking about the film version of it, I did what I normally do not do, and I took a look at the trailer. And I must say . . . it looks effective, and Brad Pitt looks effective in his role in the film. That is not to say that it inspires me enough to go see it, when it comes out in June. Since it is by Paramount, it does make me wonder how it'll do at the box office, and whether it'll bomb like some of the people here think it might. Well, Disney, Universal, and Warner all have had films that bombed this year or last, so Paramount will be in good company. One final thought, I do wonder whether it is one of those American films that actually might do better overseas than here at home.
Bushma

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

Since it is by Paramount, it does make me wonder how it'll do at the box office, and whether it'll bomb like some of the people here think it might.

Don't get me wrong, I think the movie will do REALLY well at the box office. I'm disappointed that they took the Romero zombies from the books and turned them into the running, jumping, acrobatic zombies of today. I was really excited about this film until I watched the first trailer, when my wife saw it she was excited and wants to see it. Personally I will wait for a rental.

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 03:39:25 AM »

Sweet! Another movie with zombie killing and mutliations and-

PG-13

Oh well, there's always the original Dawn of the Dead.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

Ok, watch this and then tell me you didn't think of the WWZ Trailer!

Small | Large

Javakoala
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »

Ratings and original sources aside, I'm curious about how they handle the nature of the "zombie plague" in the film.

As I've explained to people I know, a "zombie" virus is possible. By that, I mean there are illnesses that turbo-charge the body's metabolism and require high protein intake, which would cover the cannibalism element. There are illnesses that destroy the brain's higher, rational functions, which would cover the willingness to attack anything and the herd instinct actions of mass attacks to move or overcome anything that gets in the herd's path. It is not outside the realm of reason for a virus to mutate these two elements to create a kind of "zombie".

If they approach it in a somewhat scientific, clinical way (and it doesn't really look like it), they might have a pretty interesting spin on what could possibly happen.

But then, I don't think the masses want a brainy zombie film.
Bushma

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »

Ratings and original sources aside, I'm curious about how they handle the nature of the "zombie plague" in the film.

As I've explained to people I know, a "zombie" virus is possible. By that, I mean there are illnesses that turbo-charge the body's metabolism and require high protein intake, which would cover the cannibalism element. There are illnesses that destroy the brain's higher, rational functions, which would cover the willingness to attack anything and the herd instinct actions of mass attacks to move or overcome anything that gets in the herd's path. It is not outside the realm of reason for a virus to mutate these two elements to create a kind of "zombie".

If they approach it in a somewhat scientific, clinical way (and it doesn't really look like it), they might have a pretty interesting spin on what could possibly happen.

But then, I don't think the masses want a brainy zombie film.

That reminds of me a post I read on cracked a while back.  It was a fun and educational explanation of how zombies could exist.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »

That reminds of me a post I read on cracked a while back.  It was a fun and educational explanation of how zombies could exist.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

My point exactly. So, scoff at the look of WWZ, but it may be more likely than we want to think.

Not that I'm paranoid, because I'm NOT, okay? I KNOW you are all out to get me. I see what you're up to. So just BACK OFF!! These are MY Twinkies, damn you!!!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  World War Z trailer and posters. modified « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.