Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:02:43 AM
713344 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And I quote... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62
Author Topic: And I quote...  (Read 297626 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #735 on: December 22, 2017, 10:13:35 AM »

"If you seek his monument, look around."

This is the epitaph of Sir Christopher Wren, 17th/18th century architect of St. Paul's cathedral, London, affixed to his tomb, inside the church.

I can never decide if I like Wren's more, or John Keats, the goosebump-inducing:

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Though in fairness Wren had more than sixty years longer to achieve things in life than Keats did.

I figure my epitaph will be something cynically lame, like:

"Almost."

But I could live with that as long as I'm dead.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #736 on: December 22, 2017, 04:30:17 PM »

One of the coolest epitaphs I have ever seen read:

"Stranger look, as you pass by -
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, soon you shall be -
Prepare for death and follow me."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #737 on: December 23, 2017, 01:18:08 AM »

"If you seek his monument, look around."

This is the epitaph of Sir Christopher Wren, 17th/18th century architect of St. Paul's cathedral, London, affixed to his tomb, inside the church.

I can never decide if I like Wren's more, or John Keats, the goosebump-inducing:

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Keats, by a mile. Someday St. Paul's will fall down but there will always be water.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #738 on: December 23, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »

"Man, this play sucks.. someone shoot me."
   -last words of Abraham Lincoln-citation needed
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #739 on: December 29, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

“Look. Folks. It's simple. If you have poor taste in decorating, don't go nuts in the entryway. Wait until your guests are inside before you spring something unusual on them.”
― James Lileks, Interior Desecrations: Hideous Homes from the Horrible '70s

“She was from the wrong side of the tracks no matter how you gerrymandered the town.”
― James Lileks, Falling Up the Stairs

“If you can pick the baby up without him squirting our of your hands like a bar of soap in the shower, he's not oiled up enough.”
― James Lileks, Mommy Knows Worst: Highlights from the Golden Age of Bad Parenting Advice

“What's the deal with putting animal feet on tubs? It's like insisting that all pianos should have tails, or dinner tables should have scrotal sacs. One of the things we like about tubs is their immobility, their general disinclination to bolt out of the room, scramble down the stairs, and make for the woods in a blind feral panic.”
― James Lileks, Interior Desecrations: Hideous Homes from the Horrible '70s

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #740 on: February 06, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »

I been thinking about my wish that people would laugh more and lose the great international sense of butt-hurt that is gripping the world these days, and it seems I am not alone.

"If we couldn't laugh, we'd all go insane."
--Robert Frost

"I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh."
--Maya Angelou

"Always laugh when you can. It's cheap medicine."
--George Gordon, Lord Byron

"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter."
--Mark Twain

"We're all here for a just spell, so get all the good laughs in that you can."
--Will Rogers

And of course, my Dead Gay Celebrity Buddy and fellow countryman Oscar Wilde (whom I prayed out of Purgatory as a child), who said:
"If you want to tell people the truth, better make them laugh, lest they kill you."

So really, if Oscar could still laugh after being sentenced to hard labor for buggery, and Byron could laugh after being exiled for f**king his sister and buggery, and Mark Twain could laugh in the midst of his lifetime of bad hair days, why can't everybody? I hope to do what these wise people suggested, and just laugh more often, because even though life will kill us all, it can't stop us from making an honest effort at a chuckle before it does.

Right?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:53:51 PM by ER » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2018, 01:05:03 PM »

"Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand." ― Mae West

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:11:52 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »

"Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand." ― Mae West

NOW you tell me there's no sex in Heaven, after I been waiting the last eighteen years to start banging some guy again in the afterlife??

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2018, 10:07:40 AM »

NOW you tell me there's no sex in Heaven, after I been waiting the last eighteen years to start banging some guy again in the afterlife??

And you wonder why I'd rather go to hell. :P

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »

And you wonder why I'd rather go to hell. :P

Naw, man, in Hell they'd probably burn your privates off, then marry you to a mucus demon with a thing for Scottish eunuchs.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2018, 06:44:17 PM »

FWIW, the Bible never says there is no sex in heaven.  It says there is "neither marriage, nor giving in marriage."

Assuming that Heaven is real and that Jesus knew a thing or two about it, I am willing to bet that what we have there will surpass what we have here as the stars in the sky surpass the diamonds of the earth.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »

FWIW, the Bible never says there is no sex in heaven.  It says there is "neither marriage, nor giving in marriage."

Assuming that Heaven is real and that Jesus knew a thing or two about it, I am willing to bet that what we have there will surpass what we have here as the stars in the sky surpass the diamonds of the earth.

Besides, I don't think having sex is truly the greatest experience this life contains. (Don't say it, indy, don't say it, indy....)

Fox Sake
« Reply #747 on: February 12, 2018, 03:09:20 AM »

Am currently into Woody Allen's mindset (as an actor) - if only because I have been dieting on some of his old films these last few weeks. Here's a few of my favourites:-

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all those things that make you want to live to be a hundred"

"I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

"I don't think my parents loved me much; they put a live teddy bear in my crib"

"I had a terrible education: I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #748 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:23 AM »

"When I was a kid my parents got us a quicksand box.  I was an only child . . . eventually." - Stephen Wright

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #749 on: February 12, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »

"Drunk drivers don't only kill drunk drivers."
PSA from my childhood.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 62
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And I quote... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.